Mono recommendations.

wellyphant

Yep, that advertises Seagaur.

Bought some, used it.

Just as good as Maxima.

.....more expensive though...................

.....but I have done my bit towards enriching the tackle trade, its someone else's turn.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Agree with Kappa that it's not the most supple mono, this is 6lb Sensor and a 16 hook. It is very reliable though - and cheap so I'll be using it until the last two km on my bulk spool has been exhausted.

DSCN1420_zpsifqmbyov.jpg

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

To be fair I doubt its as crap on a pin. Put it on a fixed spool reel with a bait runner and catch a few fish and twistRus

Yeah but Rich, that applies to any line, no line twists any more than another...although having said that, the heavier / thicker and stiffer the line (whatever make it is) the more noticeable it will be. Braid will twist just the same but it's not as noticeable as it doesn't get springy like mono. If you play fish on the clutch you get line twist, so the more larger fish you catch that take line from you, the more twist your gonn'a get. That's one reason that some people still prefer to backwind. Gardner make anti twist (as you'll already know) weights to de-twist your line because they know everyone will get it, it's just unavoidable( I don't know if they actually work or not). The other option is to walk the length of line you've been using off and wind back through some long grass, it'll help to de-twist your line...no doubt you'l know that, but maybe someone else won't.

Edited by Tigger

Look no further than Maxima for waggler fishing - I use it from 2lb to 5lb on my mitchells! Landed accidental carp up to 20lb on a match rod. Fantastic line up to 6lbs for light legering as well. It sinks, its supple, its strong and kinks up less than modern lines.

For stick float fishing, I like Drennan Float fish on both my pins and 506s in 2lbs up to 5lbs - floats nicely and although its pre-stretched, has just enough stretch to keep my boxers unsullied if I hook into something that really pulls back. It also has that little bit of stiffness that Tigger was alluding to that I like when using a pin.

For my barbelling, I have been trying out Drennan Specimen Plus in 10lb on the Speedia and the fixed spool - looks to be a great line and casts well, but it seems to be totally repellent to barbel - so I can't comment on its strength or otherwise.

For the heavier stuff on baitrunners, I have been experimenting with Sensor and Hyper Sensor for the past couple of seasons. Sensor is a good line, its a bit springy, but strong and abrasion resistant - and hyper sensor twists worse than your auntie dancing at a wedding. Shan't be buying that again. Sensor is dead cheap though so it gets my vote.

I tried 10lb hyper sensor at Wingham last year and wished I hadn't, after a few casts it was so badly twisted that I had to be very careful to stop it twisting around the rod tip when casting.

My experience too - lost a couple of rigs at night like that. Its coming off - trust me!