Rod licence reform on the cards: Proposals include 3-rod option and free fishing for juniors

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

This is interesting, I guess the big question is "how much?".

If, say, they put it up to £40, it's a good deal for the guy who used to have to buy two at £27, but the bloke who float fishes with one rod is going to be a bit put out.

I don't know if they will lose any money on the junior licences, at a fiver there might not have been any money in them after the Post Office take their cut. But they're going to lose out on some income on the carpers only buying one licence.

I'd have thought the proposal means that any coarse angler only needs one licence.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• 3 months later...

In relation to the license covering up to three rods,I feel that that this is something that should have been considered years ago. Carp anglers are everywhere and it is only fair that, as they always buy their licenses, they should be better provided for.

I think that licenses for two, three or four rods should be available.

In relation to free fishing for Juniors, I have to say it is a bad idea.

When I was a Junior Angler myself, a few years ago.... :bleh: , I knew that once a year I had to save my money to buy a license every March. It established in my head that to fish there was a small fee to pay and this fee was reinvested into the hobby I love.

If you have to pay for something you generally take better care of it, I believe the same applies.

To remove the junior fee, which to be honest at £5 is the same price as 10 cigarettes, in my opinion takes away the responsibility which every Angler has whatever their age to the waters they choose to fish.

Annual licenses, good idea.

• 1 month later...

I do believe you blokes are getting "the short end of the stick" regarding fishing licences.

Just totted up the cost for fishing 1 year around where I used to go.

Leeds.........£54

Bradford.....£38

Wakefield...£32.5

Add 2 rods.£54

Total...........£178.50 = $357.00

That is for an area about the size of Yourkshire.

To fish in Australia,

WA.........$30

NSW.......$30

Tassie.....$58.50

Victoria...$35

Qld.........$37 for 33 dams

SA, NT and ACT...Nil.

Total.......$190.50 = £95.25 to fish the whole of Australia...

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 1

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

I do believe you blokes are getting "the short end of the stick" regarding fishing licences.

Just totted up the cost for fishing 1 year around where I used to go.

Leeds.........£54

Bradford.....£38

Wakefield...£32.5

Add 2 rods.£54

Total...........£178.50 = $357.00

That is for an area about the size of Yourkshire.

To fish in Australia,

WA.........$30

NSW.......$30

Tassie.....$58.50

Victoria...$35

Qld.........$37 for 33 dams

SA, NT and ACT...Nil.

Total.......$190.50 = £95.25 to fish the whole of Australia...

Cheers, Bobj.

Ah, but you've got to remember Bob, we pay for the privilege of fishing in Yorkshire, and also where the local wildlife don't keep trying to eat us!

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Ah, but you've got to remember Bob, we pay for the privilege of fishing in Yorkshire, and also where the local wildlife don't keep trying to eat us!

John.

And how!! :whistling:

Wusses, the lot o' ya... :oops:

Cheers, Bobj.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

I have new understood how anyone under 18 can get a licence as it maybe a contract? ,ie the contract is you can fish if you have a licence ,the contract part being if you have a licence the EA says you can fish there is a contract between you and the EA ? Therefore you dont need a licence as an under 18 cannot be held to one

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Important Information

We and our partners use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences, repeat visits and to show you personalised advertisements. By clicking “I Agree”, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. However, you may visit Cookie Settings to provide a controlled consent.