Licence reform

Andrew

Personally I'd welcome the three rod license, even though most of my fishing is done with one or two rods, sometimes I use a maximum of three in winter for Lake district pike.

Also, having a five year old son who I'd like to become interested in fishing, a free license for him wouldn't go a miss either.

Having been on the receiving side of what they do more than one occasion re: supplying equipment and manpower and advice after a serious pollution and their stocking trials like the Roach project on the Avon and the studies re fish movements along the Gt Ouse and in other rivers around the country, and the re instating of gravel spawning beds etc. I would gladly continue paying for a rod licence.

I've spoken to quite a few Scotsmen that have told me that they would welcome a rod licence if it meant that they had a body to stop the culling of coarse fish in some of their rivers too.

However there seems to be a lot of getting in bed with the enemy and I think it should be totally separate authority and not governed by the same people who issue water extraction permits etc. then they might not need to re-instate spawning gravels and remove the silt in the first place.

Keith

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Normal anti carp sentiment once again. The way I read it the normal license will be for two rods, as it is now, with an extra charge to fish three if you want to. Nobody is subsidising anyone. In fact, you could say that the carp anglers buying two licenses have been subsiding the single rod anglers for years. I would also love to see the evidence for 1 in 3 carp anglers buying a license.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Normal anti carp sentiment once again. The way I read it the normal license will be for two rods, as it is now, with an extra charge to fish three if you want to. Nobody is subsidising anyone. In fact, you could say that the carp anglers buying two licenses have been subsiding the single rod anglers for years. I would also love to see the evidence for 1 in 3 carp anglers buying a license.

Sorry it clearly stated the multi rod license will cover three rods at the moment its 2 rods.

those who fish more than 2 rods require a second rod license.

If its changed to cover 3 rods and the price increases as i would expect those who at present buy 1 license will be paying more whilst those that buy 2 rod licenses will be paying less. Hence the comment match anglers/ pleasure anglers etc will be picking up the loss of income from specimen (multi rod users) paying less .

To me this is straight forward economics to balance the books. And since it is the carp fraternity shouting loudest about this being such a good deal i say if the cap fits wear it.

• Like 1

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

I stand corrected

It means that the carp anglers can stop subsidising the rest of you.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I stand corrected

It means that the carp anglers can stop subsidising the rest of you.

Sorry Dave, you seem to be getting too sensitive again.

When I buy a licence at present, I fish with one rod, so the extra I pay for the other rod, subsidises those who use more than one rod, regardless of species.

This is all academic really, because as it stands the maximum number of rods allowed per angler, is 4, so to use the maximum number of rods, now you will have to buy two licences covering 6 rods! I've heard a rumour that the new licence will be £44, so if true, good luck to those who will spend £88, against the £54 they pay now.

https://www.gov.uk/fishing-licences/when-you-need-a-licence

I see the hand of the Angling Trust in this, or am I just being cynical?

John.

Edited by gozzer
  • Like 2

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Perhaps a single rod licence and a three rod licence?

Perhaps one could buy a single & three rod licence if one wishes to fish with four rods.

The hand of the Angling Trust is apparent. I no longer belong.

Edited by Peter Waller

Perhaps a single rod licence and a three rod licence?

Too sensible Peter, they could have done that from the start, as Mat said in an earlier post.

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John