E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

Like any disruption, Brexit has rattled the stock markets but London has ridden the storm better than other EU markets and is up on the week.

Yep, as I said a few pages back, our fundamentals are sound, and to be fair a number of politicians on both sides have also said so.

It was the BBC Financial Correspondent who was running about like a headless chicken exclaiming "The market's down 7 points !" " The euros fallen against the dollar" "Sterling's in free fall!" and similar "Woe, woe and thrice woe" expressions. As I said earlier, vapourings.

Later he showed a "graph" with apparently a steep drop. Could have fooled the innumerate, but like so many such graphs, it didn't show the base-line, which on the scale of the graph would have been several fathoms underground,

• Like 2

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

The footsie is higher than it was last week.just gamblers i hope they lose their shirts

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Idiotic quotes like this from er " learned people "

“To quote a friend, ‘Today is like waking up to find out the Nazis won the Second World War’,” tweeted Dr Helen Williams, an Assistant Professor of Politics at the University of Nottingham.

Scaremongering at its best me thinks. What a total prat.

Andrew Marr SAID.

This (probably) means the end of the UK as we have known it. Oh, and the government is pretty much shot, as well.

And Tim Farron, who is he BTW???

“I am devastated and I am angry,” announced Tim Farron in a hastily rushed-out press release this morning. “Today we wake to a deeply divided country.”

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Idiotic quotes like this from er " learned people "

Scaremongering at its best me thinks. What a total prat.

Andrew Marr SAID.

And Tim Farron, who is he BTW???

We've always had a deeply divided country but now its on record ,not heard "lessons will be learnt" regarding the people not trusting the government yet ,we will ofcourse but the lessons will still be unlearnt as usual

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

And not a single shot was fired. Well done everyone - we've just gone back 20 years. Goodbye Scotland, good luck Northern Ireland, goodbye Great Britain. So long international investment. Bye jobs. Farewell britain's brightest youngsters and good luck to the rest who have no choice but to stay. Hello again recession and the resurgence of the far right. No change to movement of labour and that 350m is not for the NHS after all. The world is staggered by our ignorance and xenophobia - London and a few other international cities excepted. I dare you to tell us in 5 years it was worth it.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Here you go Andrew...

• Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Watched the first minute so apologies if I missed key points later. Yes I understand it was a democratic process and no I don't argue with the result and yes I want to now do whatever is best in the circumstances. But it's already very obvious that a great many people chose leave for the wrong reasons and are now regretting that choice. It wasn't just a poke at those currently in power; it wasn't a referendum on immigration. If I'm proved wrong and Britain ends up more prosperous and equal then I will be very happy to admit it. I know quite a few people who voted leave and I know they will be disappointed because what they thought they were voting for won't ever be delivered. We are entering into dark times. If the leave camp can't deliver what they promised the anger that has been very evident in this process will find new targets.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Watched the first minute so apologies if I missed key points later. Yes I understand it was a democratic process and no I don't argue with the result and yes I want to now do whatever is best in the circumstances. But it's already very obvious that a great many people chose leave for the wrong reasons and are now regretting that choice. It wasn't just a poke at those currently in power; it wasn't a referendum on immigration. If I'm proved wrong and Britain ends up more prosperous and equal then I will be very happy to admit it. I know quite a few people who voted leave and I know they will be disappointed because what they thought they were voting for won't ever be delivered. We are entering into dark times. If the leave camp can't deliver what they promised the anger that has been very evident in this process will find new targets.

Never so true is the word !!!!

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Immigration was a sideshow.

Yes it's an issue but it only became the main talking ground because the remain campaign didn't want to go near discussions on sovereignty or the economic performance of the Eurozone.

Yes, there will be hurdles to overcome, we will have to deal with the fallout for a while but we are better off out.

The SNP are determined to press ahead with another attempt to split the UK but of course, Sturgeon and her cronies are looking at the end of their political careers if they are rejected a second time - and they know it.

We have a Labour party who's political viewpoint has been expressly rejected by the majority of their own voters - and the Tories aren't far behind. This calls into question the entire nature of party politics in the UK and could result in the emergence of entirely new political parties as people reject he current establishment.

The FTSE dipped but has rallied. The pound also dipped but the dip was really a continuation of a recent trend. Truth is though that a weak pound is a two edged sword. Yes, it will make imported goods more expensive and your holidays cost more, but it will also make British goods and services more competitive in the international market.

As the ancient Chinese used to say: "We live in interesting times".

• Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.