E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

Now seen you have years of experience at sea NOT read down the link to whet it says scallop dredgeing destroys the sea bed these fishermen who have spent more time on wave than you have been to sea they echo the facts about scallop dredgeing it is a disaster to. The marine environment .

No swerving bas why has the Norwegian government t BANNED SCALLOP DREDGEING any ideas !!!!!!

Just admit it you haven't a clue Bas

http://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/news/lobster-fishermen-welcome-temporary-scallop-dredging-ban-1-7093494

Getting closer to the actual facts now aren't we? just like pulling teeth.

Here is the FACT regarding Norway, it's their inshore waters for both dragging and netting, so what you have provided was exaggeration yet again:

......... Norway, where fishing with trawls and dredges is banned......................

As I have said a local spat between draggers and potters within the 6 mile ifca area, is all the facts you can provide? where is you catastrophic sea bed devastation that has killed off the cod stocks I have to ask?

Are you aware of the value of exports that the scallop dragging business generates for the u k each year compared with norways? Being selfish because you are, you would like to see it also banned within the u k wouldn't you.

What is required in this instance is balance, why won't you go down that road? Here we are a typical argument with self interest on both sides, clearly the limited facts you provide indicates what is really happening, both sides, 1000 pots have been towed away, really in the sea within six mile off the coast, just how many pots are there on the ground at any one time? And yes as reported 20 scallops boats, really all after the same piece of ground, pathetic junk journalism at best or someone's spinning bullshine expecting it to be believed, I know what I think.

So the ground within this small piece of coast is best suited for potters is it. Rock?

Or for scalloping, Sand? Another one of the questions asked that you have skirted around, so I will answer it for you, it's a mixture of the two.

And as the facts are blatantly obvious, a consensus is required so the two industries can work together, not your ideal that one should be banned over the other. While the e u has brief management involvement within the six mile limit, that will disappear fortunately once the u k brexits, go do your potting mates a favour and report your 'facts' to them over the ifca's head.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

You really are Silky old hector Barry asking me questions on the ground here and you defend something you absolutely nothing about are we talking about dragging dragging what a beam trawl a soft ground trawl a rock Hopping trawl dredges you haven't a clue really what's what's .

Ask yourself this very simple question why is it the spikes or tines on the dredges That plough the sea bed and smash it to.bits which are Steele when working very rough ground gets changed practically every other day is because it's soft ground ir is it boulders and shale that **** them up and wear them away have long hard think about it take your time if you think like this when your angling my lord no wonder you thought congers were knacker deep off Whitby how many did you actually catch here when you came here when I TOLD you were flogging it listen to the people who know the grounds it helps Barry !!!!

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Should we not close this thread as it's original purpose is well gone and it has degenerated into a slanging match between 2 members

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Should we not close this thread as it's original purpose is well gone and it has degenerated into a slanging match between 2 members

Don't agree. Steering the comments back onto track were the failings of e u management are clearly pointed out, while the idiot personal comments get side-lined.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Leak tapes on sky news this morning PM saying it UK company's would leave the uk in floods if we brexit ,why she didn't say this prior to the brexit vote beggars belief the public were lied to or conned about the consequensues of brexit more to come .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Not seen an awful lot of scallop dredging in the last few years as our local Council has not the money or resources to test them for pollution, so just decided to ban their collection on health grounds, in the Solent there is a mid sized scallop bad just off Osbourne Bay, at that time of the year I would see a large number of vessels fighting and cross crossing this relatively small patch. Two things really used to annoy me other than several boats registration marks indicated their home port was far from The Solent was the area has been a well known nursery area for bass long before I was born. Secondly, and I am no expert on scallop, but I believe they stick to a certain habitat, hence scallops are not widespread throughout The Solent, yet I would see the scallopers several miles to the east or west of the bed, returning to their home port sorting the scallops for size discarding the under size ones over the side in an area where they had little or no chance of survival or return to the bed, just pure stupidity.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Hugh there has been 20-30 boats from all the uk working between and Scarboroughand Whitby that's over 25+ miles out from 3 mile which is now banned at the moment except for few local boats now 6 miles out to the 12 miles that's many many square miles these boats have been working , some of the dredges have had 10 dredges per side Hugh horsepower the only thing that would stop them is a large wreck they have so much power I have even seen small wrecks even being actually draggged along the seabed and are no longer in there original gps position .

Its a disaster here off the Yorkshire coast and is now showing its hand as to what the destruction scallop dredgeing actually does to the marine environment and delicate eco system .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Leak tapes on sky news this morning PM saying it UK company's would leave the uk in floods if we brexit ,why she didn't say this prior to the brexit vote beggars belief the public were lied to or conned about the consequensues of brexit more to come .

Theresa May was a Remainer.

She didn't take a big part in the campaign - she was the Home Secretary at the time, not a leadership candidate - but she did express concerns about the effect on business. It's not as if she had as much responsibility as, say, Corbyn, to take a stand on this.

The Conservative government in which she was a minister supported remain.

The Remain campaign was not short of apocalyptic predictions of businesses relocating.

Anyone who didn't know that the Remain campaign had been saying this was a risk must have been living under a rock - I suspect that most just considered it less important than the issues pushing them to vote leave.

Immigration was the scare Steve for brexit where are we now Calais is being disembled as we speak it was rammed down people's throats day In Day out the public were mislead the pound is shocking as I know being here in Portugal .

Untitled-1.jpg