barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

All,

Both sides of the BREXIT issue on AN keep saying something like "things aren't going to well". Is anything happening at all? Certainly not making many waves on this side of the pond

Phone

Why would anything to do with Brexit make waves on your side of the pond? It doesn't make much news in EU countries let alone America.

Regards progress; You cannot expect there to be speedy process given the slim majority of Brexit and the intransigence of the monolith that is the EU. Remember that every one of the 27 member countries has to vote and agree on every issue. Given that two parties such as the Democrats and Republicans in the same country cannot agree on anything how can you expect 27 different countries with different needs to agree to everything?

It would seem that TM has a rigid agenda to take the UK out of the Single Market, out of the jurisdiction of the European Courts and refuse to accept the Freedom of Movement aspect that Norway and Switzerland have had to agree to owing to their net profit in trading with the EU. The UK is unique in that it has an almost double deficit in EU trade so it doesn't have to jump through the same hoops as net exporters do.

The GE should clear the decks of any Remoaners in and outside Parliament and allow her to achieve those goals. If the GE goes the way she hopes then she will have the mandate and authority to stick two fingers up to Brussels, refuse to pay anything like the €60 billion currently being bandied about, commence trade deals with non-EU countries immediately and let the industrialists of France, Spain, Italy, Holland and even Germany to whip their respective governments into shape who will in turn enforce themselves on the EU, and by August the tail will have stopped wagging the dog. Those countries need to trade with the UK more than the UK needs to sell to them. Spain, France and Italy would probably go under if they lost the UK market.

Along the way Wee Jimmy Krankie, Tim Farron and Jeremy Corbyn will be destined into the dustbin of history. The UK will have five years without an effective opposition, but that is a small price to pay to unshackle itself from the monster that is the EU.

Rome wasn't built in a day and chess matches aren't won by rash on the cuff decisions.

Regards, Clive

Nicepix,

Good read - guess that is the long way of saying not much is happening. I especially like your "let alone America" comment.

While I'm inclined - I just can't bring myself to play the "Ugly American" card. Perhaps along with the EU the UK needs to unshackle from the monster that is America. Once things were much different in the glory days. Now the UK amounts to a small island slightly larger than Greenland.

Rome was taken down in a day and the chess game was lost in a single move.

Phone

Nicepix,

Good read - guess that is the long way of saying not much is happening. I especially like your "let alone America" comment.

While I'm inclined - I just can't bring myself to play the "Ugly American" card. Perhaps along with the EU the UK needs to unshackle from the monster that is America. Once things were much different in the glory days. Now the UK amounts to a small island slightly larger than Greenland.

Phone

The russians were right when they said britain was a small country no-one listens to LOL

I think iceland could take us on and win never mind greenland !

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Nicepix,

Phone

With a nuclear arsenal, the fifth largest economy and the world's leading financial services provider, plus a spy and information network that is the envy of most countries I don't really see your comparison with Greenland.

As for the last paragraph; any city these days could be obliterated in a micro-second. But I said built, not destroyed. You can't build a city in a day. And to make the last killer move in a chess match the player has usually followed a four, five or more move plan. The British GE isn't a knee-jerk reaction. It is one part of a multi-stage plan designed to achieve the desired end result.

Regards, Clive

Nicepix,

Herein with typical British illusions of grandeur lies the most frightening problem for BREXIT.

"""""""With a nuclear arsenal, the fifth largest economy and the world's leading financial services provider, plus a spy and information network that is the envy of most countries........................"""""

As for me and most Americans BREXIT is mox/nix. Your ax to grind. No doubt when things are sorted we will be there to help.

In case you haven't noticed you've pretty well **** off Oz, the Canucks and the world money sources. That leave you nucs and spys. While the rest of us in the real world will be agreeing to do each others laundry - the UK will be playing the equivalent of computer games.

Phone

Phone

Even if you were right. And you are not, that still leaves a great disparity between Greenland and the UK which some would find insulting and others amusing given the current state of your own country. Where exactly is your naval battle group - have they managed to locate it yet? Will they actually build 'The Wall'? And how many of Trump's other election promises will actually materialise? The USA is going down the pan without a plan, whereas the UK is taking steps to avoid being dragged down within a failing EU.

It never ceases to amaze me how little that you know about UK & European angling and politics and how willing you are to continually demonstrate that. It has also reminded me why I stopped posting on here.

Over and out.

Regards, Clive

Now they are saying the economy is going to slow down because of brexit and tax increases needed it gets worse by the day !

And this is this government out of its depth with brexit.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/uk_58f5c7c6e4b0da2ff862d08e/amp

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

When did we get a nuclear arsenal?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

It's OK, The US lets you play with theirs, as long as you ask their permission before you use it.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/