E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

Just watched it again on the 6 pm news boris put me up to it ? You have to laugh what a stunt there was a massive lie in her speech she NOW says she is going to curb the energy companies she made that statement before before only to do a complete uturn and let the energy companies carry on ripping the British public off the people have not forgotten her lies no wonder they call her Pinocchio true to her world .

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

The housing part was interesting and could be a shot in the foot when brits see Gheorghe the romanian and his extended tribe grab most of the lovely new builds

We also shouldnt be building council houses that can be sold ,if you can afford to buy then you shouldnt be in one!

• Like 2

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Oh Barry, you do seem to be up against it. I've already watched all 1 hour 7 minutes of her tedious speech. Apart from the spectacular and comic failures the media have picked up on there is one thing that is glaringly obvious.... She is running very, very scared of the Jeremy Corbyn's popular policies. She has frozen tuition fees and promised to build a couple of psuedo-council houses in the hope that she can dupe us into thinking this is anything like what Corbyn will attempt to achieve. Its ****s. She has already proved she is a liar and untrustworthy and there is no reason the trust her now. She is truly a dead woman walking. So is it Johnson or Mogg for you Barry? Ha ha ha ha ha. What an unholy mess. Unfortunately this is deadly serious. Someone has to get the UK through the poison chalice of the Brexit vote.

And before you make more assumptions, no, I do no think Corbyn is our saviour. (But I do agree that water must be nationalised).

Ach she jist hid a wee frog in her throat. They'll be a lot of that before Brexit is over.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Smt, I’m going to answer several of your recent posts with a single reply, and it starts with a little story.

I drive a SUV, it is now nine years old, I maintain it myself or with the help of a good friend, it is functioning without obvious problems or concerns and has just passed 40,000 miles on the clock.

So I visit the dealership, it is a big Island Company encompassing three main brands at separate sales venues, the CEO of the Company is a personal friend.

Pulling into one of his sites, yet again he tries to convince me to upgrade my vehicle to a new model of the same type. The reasons I should buy are simple, The newest Model is far more fuel efficient than mine, therefore I will save money on diesel, especially on long motorway journeys, the taxation class is less and will therefore save me money p.a. In road fund duty (tax) the upgrade will cost me some £30,000 and he knows damn well I have the money or can borrow the money at a very attractive rate.

At this point you are thinking “What has that got to do with anything on here?”

And you can probably see from the information given that the reasons given for why I should make the purchase are not valid. The mileage I do each year means the fuel savings are not going to offset the purchase price, the reduction in duty equate to less than £0.30 per day still do not offset the purchase price.

Still not got it? Well these facts are similar to the decisions made by Monarch in the purchase of new aircraft, the new aircraft are more fuel efficient, there are rebates on corporation tax to offset the monies paid and the cost of leasing is very competitive.

Those were the mistakes they made, yes fuel went up in price due to the exchange rate, despite being down in price comparative to previous years, equally the cost of repayments increased for the same reason, but the fuel savings they could have achieved they negated by cutting out long haul routes which are far more lucrative profit wise in favour of short haul routes which were then, unexpectedly, is an easy excuse, adversely affected by terrorism. This would be me deciding after the purchase of my new fuel efficient vehicle, to stop travelling long distance on motorways.

Also failing to realise that the finance rates could easily change, especially over the life of an aircraft causing additional costs.

And there you have one post covered, but I mentioned several, so next we move on to my friend who helps me maintain my vehicle, I am confident that the majority of known or likely to occur problems with the vehicle, together we can fix. I have ‘faith’ in his ability, this is a word which I use quite a lot, I help people with complex legal matters on a voluntary basis, these people have limited, if any funds and are usually struggling against a far bigger foe, I often say to them, “I have faith in the system!” This again implies no worship or anything else, it is simply a word.

The third post I would cover in this story is your indicated support of the Nationalisation of Water Companies proposed by J.C. who you don’t support! And the projected cost of some sixty billion pounds, a plan which is ridiculed by New Statesman and a few others, but I suppose now they are not saying something you agree with they will once again become ‘Media Outlets controlled by billionaire moguls’ this is also reflected in the new car story, quite simply because there are better things to spend my money on.

Lastly, not in the parable of the new car, you refer to brexit as a ‘poisoned chalice’, you will see that I together with many Political Analysts and Historians correctly refer to the EU as the same chalice, quite simply because it has been and will continue to be the cause of much and many problems to PM’s and Governments until it is gone. You only have to study Thatcher, Major, Blair, Cameron and now almost certainly May to see this. (I deliberately omitted Brown because, quite frankly, he didn’t do an awful lot) if the roles were reversed Corbyn would probably be the same.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Ach she jist hid a wee frog in her throat. They'll be a lot of that before Brexit is over.

Far better to have a frog in your throat for a year or so than the French, Germans and a few others shafting you in the ass for decades to come. Oh look Ethel, a short post.

• Like 4

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Sales on new cars bought in the uk dropped by 9% this last year not good news for the government but I have to admit it I have just ordered my new BM.

Poor Teresa she just can't win .

http://news.sky.com/story/tories-divided-on-theresa-may-after-nightmare-speech-11067425

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Seeing as we import most cheap cars and export the premium ones its not so bad .

Everyone is holding out for the diesel scrappage scheme to improve

You despise murdoch so you cant use a link from them ,gutter press etc

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

A friend of mine who works in retail, told me that during the spell of hot weather earlier this year, the sales of umbrellas, wellington boots, and raincoats fell. Now she tells me that the sales of swimwear, suncream, and shorts are dropping off, and are expected to fall even lower!

That Teresa May certainly has a lot to answer for. :blink:

John.

• Like 2

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Now the ted Heath story explodes today now why is it today the story is all over the news EXACTLY 1 day after the end of the Tory party conference especially when ted Heath was conservative priminister now who organised that one .

Untitled-1.jpg

A friend of mine who works in retail, told me that during the spell of hot weather earlier this year, the sales of umbrellas, wellington boots, and raincoats fell. Now she tells me that the sales of swimwear, suncream, and shorts are dropping off, and are expected to fall even lower!

That Teresa May certainly has a lot to answer for. :blink:

John.

Brexit did it ,the weather was lied to
  • Like 1