E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

I already posted links exposing every step of the great EU funding scam that has made O'Leary and dozens of corrupt EU and regional officials wealthy but it seems that some people are incapable of looking beyond their own immediate self interest.

In North Shields, there's a blue plaque on the wall of the new fish market that "celebrates" the fact that the shed was rebuilt using EU money (Ie local taxpayer's money after being cycled through a series of ever smaller pots) but the irony is that the very same EU that authorise the re-building of the shed also gave the quotas to fish local grounds to the Dutch and now North Shields fish market handles less than 5% of the fish it did a generation ago, the local boats have been burned and the fishing community no longer exists.

How much do you want to bet there's an EU plaque somewhere in Whitby?

Edit: sure enough, the Whitby Marina project is jointly funded by Scarborough Borough Council, Yorkshire Forward and the European Regional Development Fund and was developed to diversify the local economy.

Many local businesses are reliant on EU funding but the fishing fleet has gone.

Ian Havelock, chair of the local town councils harbour committee, estimated the industry has shrunk by 85-90 percent from its heyday in the 1980s - which is when the EU started to impose quotas to help replenish North Sea stocks.

An expert on the fishing industry now are we ? all the gear and no idea comes straight to mind ever thought over fishing discards shrinking stocks its happening all over the world OUTSIDE of the Eu no mention of that is there fishermen are there own worst enemy a never ending pot of gold till its all gone people will blame everybody else for there own decline what they dont tell you is how they cheated the quota system with massive overfishing google it ken prosecutions by British fishermen the list is as long as your arm but people like you who blame the eu for everything really havent a clue . Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

You still havnt explained how a carrier can fly you abroad for £7

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

You still havnt explained how a carrier can fly you abroad for £7

Bums on seats Chesters bums on seats have you ever thought people spend money on airplanes not just what they pay for there flights surely you must know that dont you !!!! No frills cheap flights !!

https://www.internationalairportreview.com/article/32697/low-cost-carriers/

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Bums on seats chested bums on seats have you ever thought people spend money on airplanes .

https://www.internationalairportreview.com/article/32697/low-cost-carriers/

Sorry thats rubbish ,theres far more fuel burnt than £7 will cover ,and your £9.99 fare just a lie it costs £13 quid just to leave the country

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Sorry thats rubbish ,theres far more fuel burnt than £7 will cover ,and your £9.99 fare just a lie it costs £13 quid just to leave the country

Rubbish ! So your an expert on aviation travel ? I wish I was I might be as rich as Oleary Clever man .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Rubbish !

I posted earlier about the exit fee ,its £13 minimum air passenger duty

Edited by chesters1

I don't need to be an expert in anything to look up number of boats operating, tonnage of fish landed and number of jobs in an given area related to an industry at two points in time.

And you're right you know. Google is Great.
The EU are safe custodians of North Sea and North Atlantic fisheries.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I don't need to be an expert in anything to look up number of boats operating, tonnage of fish landed and number of jobs in an given area related to an industry at two points in time.

And you're right you know. Google is Great.

The EU are safe custodians of North Sea and North Atlantic fisheries.

And where does it say overfishing by fishermen it doesnt does it over quota millions of tons of it have you googled the prosecutions no by the looks and over Fishing all over the world outside the EU what do say about that anything ? Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

big_cod, on 13 Mar 2018 - 18:31, said:

And where does it say overfishing by fishermen it doesnt does it over quota millions of tons of it have you googled the prosecutions no by the looks and over Fishing all over the world outside the EU what do say about that anything ?

You obviously haven't read this paragraph within kens link HAVE YOU. The first four lines ought to make you wake up and smell the coffee, but as usual you will ignore the facts.

Clearly it touches on the effects caused by fishermen, however the main point being raised is the management or lack of it. You are now attempting to attribute the blame outside of the e u, yet the discussion is e u managed waters. If you wish to move outside of e u waters, consider the continent of Africa where there is and has been blatant over fishing to the detriment of those who rely on those fish to bloody well eat. Most shortages off that continent are caused by e u boats, where the e u pays the individual countries for permission to fish their waters. As a side issue can you see the e u paying the u k to fish the u k waters once the u k leaves. I ruddy well hope so and I hope that the e u management is going to stand up to e u decimation.

quote:

4. Discussion

Since 1983, when the CFP came into force, sustainability has

been the stated core goal of EU fishery policy. However, management

under the CFP has driven many stocks further away from this

objective. A meta-analysis of European fish stocks during the past

half century showed that the CFP has failed to have any clear positive

effect on marine fish stocks (Sparholt et al., 2007). The decline

of European fish stocks is well-documented, with 88% now overexploited

relative to maximum sustainable yield targets and 46%

fished outside safe biological limits (Condé et al., 2010). Recent

studies (Piet et al., 2010; Villasante et al., 2010) and our own research,

reveal the scale of overshoot that competitive ministerial

bargaining driven by short-term national interests has produced.

It is clear from our analysis that political mismanagement must

bear a considerable share of the responsibility for this decline.

Decision-making by competitive bargaining has shown a reckless

disregard for scientific advice which has been produced at a high

cost to taxpayers. The remainder of the blame could be attributed

to other management failures such as the shortcomings of quota

management, heavy subsidies, high levels of discarding, high grading

and non-compliance with fishery regulations. No matter how

well these other deficiencies are addressed in the forthcoming reform

of the CFP, productive and sustainable fisheries will not be

achieved if Fisheries Ministers’ cavalier disregard for scientific advice

continues. Over the long-term, our simulation modelling suggests

that such behaviour virtually guarantees the collapse of fish

stocks, thus the practice amounts to institutionalised mismanagement

of fisheries.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Check out the successful management of the fishing grounds around Iceland and Norway. Not only are they abundant but they stretch out to the 200 mile limit of their respected EEZs. They also support thriving fishing fleets, communities and export businesses.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.