E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

Thing is, we didn't exactly vote Leave. With a 52% result, what we really voted for was "Well, we're not really sure, but we're leaning towards Leave". If the result was 75%, then it would be a definite vote, but not 52%.

There was no other questions on the ballot paper ,no nearly leave ,no leave but remain under eu laws ,no leave but still stay mates merely leave or remain ,the majority said leave ,just one more vote over the other is enough

I have no doubt things would have been just as bad if the vote was remain when the EU decided to punish us for the audacicity to suggest we had a referendum at least once out their powers are diminished and will have bigger things to think about when the few that pay in start complaining the bill has risen!

Governments get put in power with far less votes than the referendum ,why no whining we need another election the next day?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

JohnS.

Was it not clear with the millions of words written and spoken BEFORE the election the "purpose for voting"

Your admiration for the 48% is understandable. You are all British. However, isn't it more like being pregnant - the lady either is or is not. So, we decide to have the nipper. It becomes more and more difficult to change your mind. Finally, in the delivery room isn't it to dam late to back out?

Phone

• Like 1

Wasn't it Farage who said

"we will abide by the result, but if it is close, like 52% to 48% (remain) then that would be unfinished business"

Yes, of course it was.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Wasn't it Farage who said

"we will abide by the result, but if it is close, like 52% to 48% (remain) then that would be unfinished business"

Yes, of course it was.

Of course it was Dave, and I expect that some of those that voted leave would kick up a fuss, just like the remain lot are doing now. Those who voted remain would be saying 'it's the will of the people', wouldn't they?

We've already established, many pages ago, that misinformation, and lies came from both sides, so the only difference I can see, is the deadline. With the 52% to 48% remain scenario, there would be plenty of time to push for a change. With the present one, we don't have much time, so the actions of many in the remain camp, are such that they are forcing a situation where the likely outcome is 'no deal'. Those within the Tory party, and the so called opposition, have gone behind the backs of the Government to talk to the EU. The use of the word 'punish' has been used, and yet again by the Irish premier. None of this would/could have happened if the vote had been reversed. Comparing the two situations, and the reactions to them, are like comparing chalk and cheese.

I read this morning that our Government is preparing to broadcast regular warnings about the 'dangers' of a no deal scenario, and the EU are making preparations for such an outcome. How effective it will be is anyones guess, I'm reminded of the 'Boy who cried Wolf' with every fresh warning/threat I hear.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Agreed John, and I would add that some were warning before the referendum that every opportunity would be taken to reverse the vote or run it again and again until it went in favour of the EU, as was done in other countries.

Sporty, if the vote had gone the other way and Farage or anyone had called for another vote I would imagine the Govt would say “In the leaflet sent to every household in the UK it clearly states, This is a once in a lifetime referendum!” I think that was written below the part that said, ‘This means leaving the Customs Union and The Single Market.’

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I think most on here know my views on Margret Thatcher, but I have to admit that the latest papers released by the Thatcher Foundation, show her views on Europe are pretty much in line with mine.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/margaret-thatcher-backed-single-market-in-draft-bruges-speech/ar-BBKSNcU?ocid=spartandhp

Phrases like "A United Europe, but not European Union", "We did not vote in 1973 for a new European super state", and "Each country should not dissolve it's own identity, but retain it", all this, while still supporting a 'single market', goes to show that we 'coffin dodgers' are not just hankering for the past, but repeating real concerns that were apparent back then. I feel that her demise was in a large part engineered by those who wanted a 'Federal Europe', especially those such as Major.

John.

PS, I've had difficulty finding this report on the BBC web site.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I'm reminded of the 'Boy who cried Wolf' with every fresh warning/threat I hear.

indeed, John, but remember how the fable ends,,,,,a real wolf and nobody listening.

Personally i think the analogy of water finding its own level applies . French vintners want us to buy wine, German car firms want to sell us cars - they wont wear "punishing" the UK with tariffs - if they do, then Aussie/N Zealand wines and Chinese/Japanese cars will flourish instead.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

indeed, John, but remember how the fable ends,,,,,a real wolf and nobody listening.

Personally i think the analogy of water finding its own level applies . French vintners want us to buy wine, German car firms want to sell us cars - they wont wear "punishing" the UK with tariffs - if they do, then Aussie/N Zealand wines and Chinese/Japanese cars will flourish instead.

My point was, that it was the one who was 'crying wolf' that came off worse, Dave.

Few of the forecasts from the experts about the immediate aftermath of the vote have come true, and still the threats, and warnings of impending doom keep coming. In the event of a no deal Brexit the EU will be badly hit. It could have been avoided if there had been cooperation, and meaningful negotiations, instead of threats and intransigence, meant to scare, and punish those who dare to challenge them.

John.

Yes all About right a government thats is totally clueless led by a load of punch drunk nationalist.. and a spineless pm Eu countries are allready planning for no deal brexit and F-Troop Britain doesnt know what day it is .

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-customs-officers-eu-uk-no-deal-europe-ports-airports-home-office-a8456881.html

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Yes all About right a government thats is totally clueless led by a load of punch drunk nationalist.. and a spineless pm Eu countries are allready planning for no deal brexit and F-Troop Britain doesnt know what day it is .

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-customs-officers-eu-uk-no-deal-europe-ports-airports-home-office-a8456881.html

Cod says his link is bias and gutter press

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson