barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

All,

Educational - been round the world and did not even have a hint of the word PROROGATION.

In the long history of the UK has the Crown ever prorogated Parliament in the past? Sounds both hurtful and nasty

1. """"the action of discontinuing a session of a parliament or other legislative assembly without dissolving it.
    "the government's loss of control necessitated the prorogation of parliament" """" (some google dictionary)
    Phone
Edited by Phone

All,

Educational - been round the world and did not even have a hint of the word PROROGATION.

In the long history of the UK has the Crown ever prorogated Parliament in the past? Sounds both hurtful and nasty

•  

""""the action of discontinuing a session of a parliament or other legislative assembly without dissolving it.

"the government's loss of control necessitated the prorogation of parliament" """" (some google dictionary)

Phone

•  

Weird i vannot read most of your post as to the question its lawful

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prorogation_Act_1867

And its not the first time its been used as has the parliament act in regards to the lords

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Johnson was abusing governments powers to suspend parliament in order to prevent it from carrying out its constitutional duties to scrutinise and approve the governments decisions on Brexit now is telling lies to the queen treason well that could be very nasty indeed.

He mislead the queen in others words he lied point blank but his history on that subject is impressive he even got the sack from one job for doing exactly that making up lies whats even more interesting he got the sack for making up lies about the EU he was ruled to be guilty as charged by 11-0 now if you dont what they means now if this had been Corbyn in his shoes he would have been crucified he thinks he can hide behind Brexit well he cant there is population of around 65 million in the uk not 17.5 million .

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/24/lying-queen-treason-boris-johnson-say-queen-elizabeth-ii-10798612/

Repeatedly screeching the same nonsense doesn't make it true.

• Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Phone,

https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-8589

Cods "well respected" MP, John Major did it back in 1997 to delay a report on MPs taking bribes to ask questions in Parliament. The same John Major that pushed for court action against the present Government.

https://fullfact.org/online/john-major-proroguing/

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Phone, what Gozzer says above.

Further, since 1900 Parliament was prorogued on 105 occasions. The longest period of a single period of a prorogation, other than those proceeding a General Election was one hundred and seventy eight days.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Just listening to the press preview and scanning tomorrow’s papers and I have to say that I don’t think there is much room for the media to sink much lower. The ‘stories’ they report are becoming increasingly more desperate and obscure.

“Boris could be sacked by the Queen.” Made me chuckle to the point of stomach pain, I really expect a newspaper to pay lip service to history, law and procedure before it writes a headline which is not backed up by the content of the article. But then again I suppose headlines sell newspapers!

Certainly gets some bordering on a climatic experience it seems.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Just listening to the press preview and scanning tomorrow’s papers and I have to say that I don’t think there is much room for the media to sink much lower. The ‘stories’ they report are becoming increasingly more desperate and obscure.

Boris could be sacked by the Queen.” Made me chuckle to the point of stomach pain, I really expect a newspaper to pay lip service to history, law and procedure before it writes a headline which is not backed up by the content of the article. But then again I suppose headlines sell newspapers!

Certainly gets some bordering on a climatic experience it seems.

Apparently, no matter how ridiculous the story, there's always someone willing to believe and repeat it.,...

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I expect some bought telescopes when the news of the world said a bus was found on the moon!i expect some when they couldnt find it believed it was on the dark side and are waiting patiently until it comes round to this day! After all if its in the media it MUST be true!

Cod still looks at the moon every night !

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Apparently, no matter how ridiculous the story, there's always someone willing to believe and repeat it.,...

Its not just that Ken, people are free to believe and repeat whatever they like, the lunacy of it all is they do not do just that, believe and repeat it.

It reminds me of the Chinese whispers joke from long ago, The General intends to advance, send reinforcements, becomes, The General is going to a dance, send three and four pence!

It starts with There is the possibility that The Queen has the power to sack the P.M. moves through The Queen COULD sack the P.M., moves onto The Queen MIGHT sack the P.M. and ends with The Queen WILL sack the P.M. if... and all the time the statement is added to there is no comment from the palace simply because, as usual the Monarch, correctly, keeps well away from such things.

Might, perhaps, could, possibly or even there is a chance that... all lose their meaning to the ears of the desperate.

Edited by Huge_Vitae