E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Yes. That's my point.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

So you agree that the main sponsors of brexit pushed it for tax evasion purposes.

So you agree that those in the remain camp, are as guilty as those in the leave camp, Paul?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Exactly!

Can picture it now.............he is getting off the plane and waving a piece of paper to the waiting press........Oh hang on,I'm thinking of Neville Chamberlain doh.gif .....................................................Or am I?

laugh.png Same result. laugh.png

I will likely be slightly worse off financially, at least for a time.

I will have more paperwork if I want to visit the EU.

Conversely, longer term prospects will be better, I'm unlikely to be impacted by the inevitable collapse of German banks or the continent wide welfare collapse engendered by Merkel's unfettered migration policies - but that's all icing, the cake is sovereignty, the ability to participate directly in making laws and policy that affect me and my countrymen and the preservation of identity and culture rather than the grey homogenisation of the EU.

OK, so the first two things are negatives. We all now know the negatives. I was looking for tangible positives.

We are already sovereign, so sorry but that's not a benefit. Any future trade deals with anyone involve trade-offs here, that's just how they work.

We already participate directly in making laws and policy. We elect MPs and MEPs.

The 'grey homogenization' of the EU is not a real thing. I think, with respect, that's just in your head.

So, so far the one benefit we have is avoiding the knock-on effects of the collapse of German banks, which I have to admit I don't recall being one of the big selling points of the leave campaign and I haven't seen reported anywhere. I imagine if this did happen, not being in the Euro is probably beneficial. (Leaving has cost the country c.100bn so far, so I'd wager we could have remained, taken this hit, and still been in credit.)

Any others welcome. To put ourselves and our country through this nightmare, surely there must be some.

John mentioned not being in an EU army. I'd be more worried about an international army that we don't belong to rather than one we did belong to. In any case, as full member of the EU and a sovereign country, we could veto that if we chose to.

Come on, this place is full of passionate leavers who knew exactly what they voted for and have that fantastic clear vision of Britain's best years ahead, let's see that list of all the benefits!

Every time I come into here and read through the last few pages of posts, I always end up wondering what it is you're all so afraid of. Grey homogenization, EU armies, no control over our own country...if you still really feel this way even now, there really is no hope. This takeover by nationalists and populists has diminished and damaged the UK so much, and yet people still cheer them. Do you really think that Johnson, Gove, Farage and the rest are really on your side and are looking out for your best interests, or even have any opinion about you and your lives at all? If you really do, that list of benefits is going to be really long and detailed :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

And what exactly has that link got to do with brexit ? Nothing !!

Paul, why are you unable to actually answer a question, without replying with another question?

On second thoughts, don't answer that, your last post speaks volumes in explaining it.

John.

PS, There's good chance I'll be in Whitby this weekend, if I see you I'll say hello.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Paul, why are you unable to actually answer a question, without replying with another question?

On second thoughts, don't answer that, your last post speaks volumes in explaining it.

John.

PS, There's good chance I'll be in Whitby this weekend, if I see you I'll say hello.

Give me shout John I might be at sea Saturday but my ram On the steering sprung a leak yesterday so off today for repair hopefully back on tomorrow.

You do know its goth weekend the town will be swarming with them some pretty sights I must say and some very strange ones as well ? all in all they do spend a lot of money here in the pubs ,restaurants,b+bs etc Some fresh cod fillets John if you fancy some ? I will be into the middle earth tavern on the east side of town for a quick beer at 4.30 pm when get in from sea Saturday .

Ps we never talk politics in the pub ?

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg