E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

So food will be cheaper fantasy check no fact check take with one hand and then take with the another and of corse we all live off grapes and honey and what about all the rest !!! ?

And what about the billions thats could be added to the NHS bill extra cash for the NHS after brexit I dont think so the biggest pile of Shiite I have every heard there will be less cash available not more After brexit lie after lie after lie now being exposed with the brexit con £27 billion could be Added to the NHS bill what a result that would be brexit no a severe bout of brexshit .

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/nhs-drugs-cost-brexit-trade-deal-usa-820816

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-would-food-be-cheaper-in-a-no-deal-brexit

Do me a favour and look at where your food comes from every saturday ,theres half the world supplying it its not all grown 2 miles from whitby ,if we can import food from thousands of miles away cheaper than farmer giles down the road hes over charging you ,put him out of business he deserves it! Hes been over charging you for hundreds of years time to get payback!

If they cannot compete they deserve to go broke its bad enough they are propped up with tax payers money as it is!red diesel should be abolished and full tax should be paid on aviation fuel why should the government give tax money to holiday makers and subsidised hobby farms and anglers going to sea on boats ,i owned a boat the fricking government gave me f all!

Farmers dont want brexit so invent stories hoping to stop it ,what they really mean is they hope the EU is there to give them handouts for doing f all ,unfortunately once we are out the stupid government will hand over tax payers money so they will stop whining ,if they cannot make a profit without handouts they shouldnt be farmers! Of fishing boat owners on the take or holidayers subsidised to give their money to foreigner

PS still putting in links to lies bias ,gutter press fit for toilet paper i see ,why bother if its lies?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

No - but the clock is now ticking for a general election.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Hmmm some posts are missing

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I would like to see this "very basic factual stuff", as such "factual stuff" in such unpredictable and uncertain times must be treading on the toes of old Nostradamus.

As I've said before I can take it or leave it whether we end up remaining or leaving, i'll just accept it. What I find hard to accept is when MP's refuse to honour the wishes of the majority of the citizens who pay their salary, unlimited expense accounts and big fat pensions. I don't care what party they are members of, whether they are in power, in opposition or independent. A referendum was put to the country and an answer was given, regardless of whether the answer was to remain or leave it is their duty as public servants to carry out the wishes of the people. If for whatever reason they feel they can't or won't deliver on the wishes of the majority, then they should resign immediately from public office.

The wishes of the majority were to leave on the terms promised in the campaign. That was the answer that was given. If you want to leave on different terms, we need to be asked a different question.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

How on Earth did you arrive at those conclusions?

Let's suppose for a moment that we leave with the EU with no deal and the next government is me - and I'm in particularly belligerent mood.

I decide that my new immigration policy is a much tougher version of the Australian points system, capped at 10,000 per year with zero associated chain migration.

Being magnanimous, I also consent to accept 2,000 genuine UN approved refugees per year, again with zero associated chain migration - and anyone caught illegally arriving from a "safe" EU country by plane, train boat or rubber dingy is immediately asset stripped and deported to a what can best be determined to be their native homeland.

I decide that visitors from the EU, US, Australia, NZ and other select countries get a free 30 day visa on arrival with no associated access to non-emergency healthcare, welfare etc and everyone else applies for a visa vignette at our embassies/consulates in their home countries before embarkation.

I also make it illegal for non British citizens to purchase domestic property and make access to welfare, healthcare and education available to British citizens only.

How exactly is it that "Immigration will remain at current levels"?

Because old chap the future government is not you.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I believe everyone should have a problem with unregulated free movement. How do we provide/plan housing, schools, utilities etc, for an unknown size of population? We have a census every 10 years to determine the numbers, and plan for the future. To have no control over numbers and types of immigrant makes a mockery of the whole thing.

If you were running a business, and needed a set number of workers with specific skills, I doubt anyone would think it good policy to just open the doors to anyone passing, and pay them a wage, contribute to a pension, and benefits, in the hope that some of them were what you needed. The business wouldn't last long, but you would at least have the option of dismissing those that couldn't fill the role.

Andrew, I don't think any political party, and that includes those in the EU, has my kids/grandkids best interests at heart, not just the Tories. I have never voted Tory, but the Brexit vote has been a long time coming, and they provided it. There have been several 'promises' to hold referendums over the years, and both the main parties have reneged on those 'promises', that is one of the reasons that leave won.

John.

Fine, then a British government can introduce much more stringent immigration rules within the EU, e.g. like Belgium does. We don't need to leave the EU to do that.

The police, the Home Office and numerous other agencies have known about issues surrounding human trafficking and modern slavery of Vietnamese nationals in the UK for a very long time and have done nothing about it.

The young men usually end up as "gardeners", growing cannabis indoors for triads and the women end up in sex work or working in nail bars.

Anyone smoking skunk or having their nails done is supporting modern slavery.

Ironically, the best way to stop these deaths (and there have been several similar incidents, including one in Austria) is to have hard borders with much tougher checks for the transportation of illegal cargo (including people) and tougher consequences for those caught breaking the law.

The chances of profitably getting stuff and people through diminishes, the trade ceases to be viable and people stop dying in containers.

This is already illegal and will remain illegal. Totally irrelevant to this topic.

As John said, cannot read it! From your subsequent post I understand you refer to freedom of movement, you reinforce your opinion by pointing out that immigration will continue. I don’t know what tree or shadow you are barking at but, as usual for some of particular views you are misguided and insulting to suggest that others object to immigration period.

I have stated on here before and for your benefit will repeat myself, I have no objection what so ever to required, controlled immigration. I do not object to people moving to this Country to fill a requirement provided that requirement of skills cannot be met by reasonable foreseeable training and vocational skill attainment by young persons already resident.

I certainly do object, unreservedly and without apology to persons moving here to become part time scrap dealers or part time workers in a hand car wash, being then able to claim working tax credit or benefits for children NOT resident and then NOT spending that money to the benefit of the local economy. That is a recipe for financial doom.

If you still wish to broaden your argument further in the subject of workers rights then post away, personally I think you will find EU workers rights lurking in the shadows of our own.

No, I understand your position completely. I think you will be very disappointed at the reality once we've left the EU. I hope then you direct your anger at our national government, where is belongs.

If you could point me towards an actual immigration strategy to be implemented post-Brexit that would be great. There must be one published, given that immigration was front and centre of the reason to leave, and that we have missed 3 deadlines to leave already?

If there isn't one (and I mean a real one we can hold to account, not the words 'points-based' written on a fag packet), I'd really be asking myself why that is.

Hmmm some posts are missing

If they were just before the forum went offline, blame me.

Or Trump.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

If there was anything substantive to the story, the Labour Party and the Biased Broadcasting Corporation would be telling us exactly which "rights" are at risk rather than screeching and blustering.

Meanwhile, it the real world, the biggest concerns of most British workers revolve around having their wages driven down by cheap foreign labour, having their housing costs driven up due to uncontrolled immigration, increasing crime linked to uncontrolled immigration and struggling to get their kids into a decent school where all the resources aren't taken up by teaching English as an additional language - All of which will be addressed by leaving the EU and implementing proper immigration control.

Oh mate. British workers will suffer, not prosper, because of brexit. This stuff just runs too deep now for facts to matter. I hope you get what you think you'll get, I really do.