E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

Your basic underlying assumption is wrong. We don't need foreign workers.

If you really believe this, the vote to leave does make some sense. The trouble is, it's simply not true, and people who subscribe to it don't actually care whether it's true or not.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

The article boasts about wages for fruit picking being between £300 and £500 per week, plus often accommodation thrown in. If they can earn more than that back home, then no amount of incentives will entice them back here. The article doesn't blame wages, it attempts to blame the assumed goals of those who voted for Brexit. As I and many others on here have said, we don't have a problem with immigration, or seasonal workers coming over here. We do have a problem with not having any control who, or how many do come over. It's the spin from the media, and 'interested parties' that creates all this hype, and supposed ill feeling over Brexit.

As I keep saying to you, 'Lies from both sides', and you believe just as many lies as you think others do, but refuse to see those that you think add weight to your argument.

John.

The thing is John, there are loads of other places other than 'here' and 'back home'. Why would people choose here when the exchange rate has tanked and the atmosphere is toxic? There are plenty of other choices. Otherwise, why is loads of our produce now rotting, unpicked, in the fields? Where are all those British workers that were always beaten to those jobs by EU migrants?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Are we there yet?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Fine, then a British government can introduce much more stringent immigration rules within the EU, e.g. like Belgium does. We don't need to leave the EU to do that.

The Government could do that Andrew, but free movement is seen as a right within the remain camp. It's been endorsed by the Lib Dems, and even the Labour party, in one of their very rare decisive moments. I don't believe that while we are still in the EU any UK Government will introduce the type of immigration controls that I believe this country needs. That means from any part of the world, not just the EU.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

The thing is John, there are loads of other places other than 'here' and 'back home'. Why would people choose here when the exchange rate has tanked and the atmosphere is toxic? There are plenty of other choices. Otherwise, why is loads of our produce now rotting, unpicked, in the fields? Where are all those British workers that were always beaten to those jobs by EU migrants?

I don't know if you read the article in The Grocer, but it provides some of the answers to your questions.

https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/brexit-and-the-workforce/why-are-so-few-brits-prepared-to-pick-fruit/554452.article

Some of the reasons given are, cultural, social, location, as well as the effect seasonal work will have on any benefits. The industry needs to re think, and 'sell' the jobs to the British workers.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

If you really believe this, the vote to leave does make some sense. The trouble is, it's simply not true, and people who subscribe to it don't actually care whether it's true or not.

I know it's close to Panto season, but "Oh no it isn't" isn't much of an argument. Would you care to have a shot at explaining why Britain needs foreign workers.

If you can manage to construct an argument that doesn't hinge upon servicing the 400,000 or so immigrants pouring into the country every year, that would be nice.

Oh, and the allusion to racism just doesn't cut it anymore, especially when you try it on with someone who surrounds themselves with foreigners and was in a 15 year relationship with an Indian woman.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

This is already illegal and will remain illegal. Totally irrelevant to this topic.

Illegal yes, effectively enforced, no - which is why illegal importation of drugs, contraband and trafficked human slaves remains a very profitable business. I fail to see the irrelevance when the imposition of a hard border and proper checks solves the problem at a stroke by making the illegal trade non-viable.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Dont forget to vote for Nigel here is a man who got men to march through rain wind you name all the way to London from Sunderland and literally took no part himself ( what a hero) . And now he is frightened stiff to put himself up as an MP just incase he fails , but he has failed 7 times on the belt to do exactly that before, he tends to like people to do everything for him what sort of man is he he is certainly not the man of the people just a plastic one .The tories have back heeled him poor old Nigel he likes to throw his toys out of the Pram its his way or nobodys way the tories used him before and they have used you again. But to take away there chance of majority will be the last straw he could well be playing straight into the oppositions hands the brexit brigade now fighting amount themselves so which brexit is it we are talking about full brexit half a brexit upside down brexit what a circus this really is will it all end in tears its looking that way .

And this is the best bit of the brexit pantomime Mr Brexit Nigel Farage says the ERG the hard men of brexit who would never drink a glass of French wine ? (only kidding they like there champagne better ) and who forced Cameron into having a referendum are now just a bunch of sissies yes men who have had there Knuckles rapped and got there tails between there legs and have now fallen inline you couldnt make this lot up its brilliant entertainment down to the wire .?

Brexit its the easiest thing in world ????

Corby was 20 points behind Teresa May in the last election and she lost her majority he is only 8 behind Johnson .Could Nigel march Corbyn in number 10 that would put egg on a few faces what a result that would be and that would mean the tories would hate Nigel even more. People are really sick to death of the word brexit if we do get the green light to leave it will just the beginning there is years and years of brexit still to come what a lovely thought and if it goes tits up well you better take cover , millions have died off who voted brexit in 2016 millions who werent eligible to vote in 2016 are now and would almost certainly vote remain but the leave side are **** scared to prove its wrong .

Is it now the will of the people NO not by the polls ?

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/britain-has-turned-against-brexit-biggest-ever-poll-of-polls-says/09/10/

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg