E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

The Government could do that Andrew, but free movement is seen as a right within the remain camp. It's been endorsed by the Lib Dems, and even the Labour party, in one of their very rare decisive moments. I don't believe that while we are still in the EU any UK Government will introduce the type of immigration controls that I believe this country needs. That means from any part of the world, not just the EU.

John.

'The Government could do that Andrew' - yes, exactly. Thanks.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

What on Earth are you talking about? it's been "public" since at least 2014, when the article was published.

Personally, I'd like to see access to NHS services remain free at point of delivery for resident British citizens - but we have to accept that it needs drastic reform, not least to ensure that it is only free for resident British citizens.

Oh, and here's the full clip in context.

Memories fade Ken and it has never been fully exposed but it is now so when you vote for the brexit party you are voting for the end of the NHS as we know it so there is a choice and its a very big one .] Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

I know it's close to Panto season, but "Oh no it isn't" isn't much of an argument. Would you care to have a shot at explaining why Britain needs foreign workers.

If you can manage to construct an argument that doesn't hinge upon servicing the 400,000 or so immigrants pouring into the country every year, that would be nice.

Oh, and the allusion to racism just doesn't cut it anymore, especially when you try it on with someone who surrounds themselves with foreigners and was in a 15 year relationship with an Indian woman.

You and others might find this interesting: https://fullfact.org/immigration/eu-migration-and-uk/

As I said before, as EU migration falls, non-EU migration rises. So the total level does not change. I don't know what all those people are doing, but I do know that the UK government has total control over non-EU migration and could cut it to 0 if it wanted to, so I wonder why a government/party which has been so vocal about cutting immigration has actually allowed such a huge increase in non-EU migration when EU migration has fallen so dramatically?

Net EU migration, as it says is currently at around 57,000, not 400,000.

Net non-EU migration is currently at 261,000. This has always been higher than EU migration, which kinda damages the hysteric narrative that we're being flooded by uncontrolled immigration.

6% of the UK population were born in another EU country. SIX per cent.

Finally, 'EU nationals of working age are more likely to be in work than UK nationals and non-EU citizens. About 83% of working age EU citizens in the UK are in work, compared to around 76% of UK nationals and 66% of people from outside the EU.'

Now your turn to dismiss it all smile.png

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

OK, let’s start by looking at “Full Fact” and their core funders: Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust, Nuffield Foundation and the Esmee Fairbairn Foundation. All of these organisations have a strong globalist, left wing bias – so I’m not taking any of the things they say at face value.

Net EU migration, as it says is currently at around 57,000, not 400,000”.

I agree, but I never suggested it was. I said that net migration into the UK is in the region of 400,000 per year in total.

6% of the UK population were born in another EU country. SIX per cent”.

Yes but In 2017, around 1 in 7 of the population (14%) of the UK population were born abroad (9.4 million) – this has been steadily increasing each year and the majority (61%) of these were born outside of the EU. With these figures not including the children and grandchildren of migrants and millions more from Africa and the middle east looking to come to the UK as soon as an EU state grants them citizenship, we have to look to our borders, our identity and the sustainability of our public services.

Finally, 'EU nationals of working age are more likely to be in work than UK nationals and non-EU citizens. About 83% of working age EU citizens in the UK are in work, compared to around 76% of UK nationals and 66% of people from outside the EU.'

That's nice but if they are claiming in work benefits, public housing, tax credits, they are not making a net contribution and they are driving down the wages of the British working class.

The upshot of our open borders policy for traditional Labour voters is destruction of communities, more crime, lower wages, more expensive housing, inability to get their kids into suitable schools and an NHS burdened with an unsustainable load likely to see them not getting a new hip or a heart bypass when they need one.

Look to Denmark to see where your policies lead. Being smaller than the UK, they were affected more quickly and have had to take drastic measures to safeguard their culture and social provisions.

Edited by Ken L
  • Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

'The Government could do that Andrew' - yes, exactly. Thanks.

Please don't just take a few words out of context Andrew, it's not the done thing old chap.

Leave it to the politicians on both sides of the 'debate', they make a living out of such things.

John.

• Like 2

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

What are the tories frightened to release paper before the election it sticks out like sore thumb . I use social media purposely for business but in the last few years I have never so much political adverts many untruths which arent fact check poison the minds of the gullible and there are millions of them .

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-news-live-general-election-brexit-no-deal-russia-report-corbyn-a9185396.html

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

What are the tories frightened to release paper before the election it sticks out like sore thumb . I use social media purposely for business but in the last few years I have never so much political adverts many untruths which arent fact check poison the minds of the gullible and there are millions of them .

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-news-live-general-election-brexit-no-deal-russia-report-corbyn-a9185396.html

Yes theres lots of gullible people and one still posts links to headlines he has already told us are lies

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I use social media purposely for business but in the last few years I have never so much political adverts many untruths which arent fact check poison the minds of the gullible and there are millions of them .

Out of interest, do you suppose social media companies and other big tech providers like Google and YouTube are curating news feeds, search results and other content in support of a left wing globalist perspective or a right wing nationalist/populist agenda?

And as you mention fact checking, who do you suppose should do that?

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Yes theres lots of gullible people and one still posts links to headlines he has already told us are lies

Fact check ? if you want not believe the governments lies that they are refusing to release papers showing Russian interference in the 2016 election that upto you its your choice but not mine was brexit a lie all the promises were the British people lied to how easy it was another lie Lie after lie after lie no links required...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-50300551

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg