BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

14 hours ago, Phone said:

All,

Is England planting fewer trees than Scotland evidence the Russians are pouring heaps of money into the UK conservative party?

No wonder you haven't left.  Does anyone know what the "ell is going on?

Phone

I'm not surprised you're puzzled Phone, you want to try living here. 

The thing is, a large section of the UK general public are being played. Played by politicians, the media, in fact anyone with a 'platform' that allows them to either shout out their personal views, or regurgitate the views of other 'players'. Some are unaware that they are being used in this way, others decide that it's easier to copy, or repeat other peoples views, than spent valuable time trying to formulate their own. If enough people say the same thing, then it becomes regarded as a fact in their minds, and needs repeating to further strengthen the 'fact'. It's a tactic that as been in use a long time, but as with most things that become popular over your side of the water, you take it up another level, and send it over here. The art of debating has been lost, now we copy your lot, and just 'bad mouth' the opposition, because we can't think of any provable positives about our own candidate.

We've just had a TV debate, and it's been said that it was watched by 6 million viewers, it was followed by a crappy so called reality show, that commands 10 million viewers. People don't need to listen to a debate involving the main parties, they can get the gist of what was said from the media, and social networks. Some even watch a debate, and then go to social media to find out what their opinion should be! 

I realise that I haven't really answered you question, (that often happens on here). The reason is that only those who pull the strings really know, and you can bet that the long term answer won't be for the benefit of the ordinary person on the street. They all lie.

John.

• Thanks 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

All,

No one could possibly look at what is happening in our world and believe it is the product of billions of sane conscious minds.  It is the result of an entire population of political leaders and followers who are operating on autopilot without a destination program. I believe it was Einstein who took a shot at defining insanity.

Phone

My 14,038th last post. I'm as insane as the rest of the world

Just 14000. your not past saving!

• Haha 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Cod If "brexit is a lie" (from your post in the election thread)obviously if its a lie brexit doesnt exist?

why are you so desperate to oppose it?

We know all you want is foreign hols and cheap fags but be wary with this uprising of climate change warriors your tax free air fuel maybe first on the list and the EU (in its nature of banning anything on a whim) maybe thinking of a huge levy on fuel to appease them

You dont have a hope in hell stopping them but you may if its only the uk government to deal with

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters1,

You're slipping - The politicians are getting to you.  What makes you even remotely think ANY politician will pass up a chance to levy a nice fat tax.  They win both ways.  Get a brown envelope from the oil companies and a lovely tax out of the deal

Phone 

Thats true and ofcourse bolstered by the notion its "good" for us!

Our bus company changed its schedule "for our benefit" in essence they removed 2 buses a day (to increase being on time as the bus route was split in half aswell ) so when one doesnt turn up you wait an hour and twenty minutes instead of an hour for the next one lol it also costs more to travel on the two buses that now cover the old route! For our benefit ofcourse!

• Like 1