barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

13 hours ago, big_cod said:

Its clueless time again Barry where did learn all your expertise on fishing industry you have just failed your exam again .

Barry for last time take this in there are boats who are  fish aback of 6 miles limit imposed by IFCA  working with as many as 15 dredges aside boats as big as 100 ft long .have you any idea how much those beams with the dredges on weigh and the damage they do to the sea bed 2000hp yes .

And for the last time look on any chart and it gives you what’s sand what’s gravel ,what’s hard  ground etc etc etc stop taking out of your backside on something you know nothing about .

Do cod generally like sand no  so why could you literally You walk on them here not to many years ago .

.No white fish trawlers here extinct since the dredges  arrived  and never will be till they put a 12 mile limit on dredging  and the ground recovers to get the habit back  so it’s habitable for mature  cod to breed on it .

Get yourself a very large box of Kleenex Barry you are going to need  them soon brexit no brexshit .

:whistling:  It’s coming but I told you so it’s the Tory government ? history is about to repeat itself sellout time again .

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jan/13/city-access-eu-markets-eu-fleets-uk-fishing-rights-brexit

would you like to re edit your post cod as it is so full of gobbledy gook no one knows what you are on about. do you?

Tell us who has stolen all the rocks and where have they gone. 

and from your link:

… and Brexit on the way. With a new Conservative government taking office, the Guardian’s independent, measured, authoritative reporting has never been so vital. These are turbulent, decade-defining times. Whatever lies ahead for us all, the Guardian will be with you – investigating, disentangling and interrogating. So our readers can make up their minds based on fact, not fiction.

hahahahahaha, what a load of dribble. 

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

3 hours ago, barry luxton said:

would you like to re edit your post cod as it is so full of gobbledy gook no one knows what you are on about. do you?

Tell us who has stolen all the rocks and where have they gone. 

and from your link:

… and Brexit on the way. With a new Conservative government taking office, the Guardian’s independent, measured, authoritative reporting has never been so vital. These are turbulent, decade-defining times. Whatever lies ahead for us all, the Guardian will be with you – investigating, disentangling and interrogating. So our readers can make up their minds based on fact, not fiction.

hahahahahaha, what a load of dribble. 

Oh dear Barry not good is it trade offs coming fishing rights bargained off again by you know who .

But being realistic the city is our biggest money spinner fishing 0.1% its a no brainier it was done before it will done again by you know who .

Talking to one of the skippers here this morning he is setting off for Brussels talks in progress which they have been   for months but it’s all extremely complicated UK boats catch the bulk of there  cod in Norwegian waters the Norwegians want access to mackerel in U.K. waters to trade for cod but all done while in the EU and through the EU 

But you think it’s simple it is not is extremely complicated and yes we will give acces to  EU fishing boats just as god made little apples it’s how they break it to  you .

Now if your looking for most unreliable news paper look no further than the brexit Daily Mail who lies to its readers on daily basis .

Again for the third year running voted the most untrustworthy newspaper with it fabricated stories many of them regarding the EU .

Seems funny the top 3  papers who lie the most to three readers  regularly all supported brexit .

https://themediafund.org/news/daily-mail-most-unreliable-paper/

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

10 hours ago, big_cod said:

Chester’s you are fool or are  your pretending to be thick  why blurt on something you know absolutely nothing about how the hell would I see a wreck being dragged along the sea bed in 200ft  of water unless I got gas bottle a wet suit on and and a pair of flippers and watch it !!!! 

Lord above I thought bas was bad but your topping him now just for a tiny weeny Minute just think how we find wrecks or navigate in general .  One of my GPS navigators has differential DGPS  which brings GPS  accuracy down to less than 1 mtr  penny dropped yet  and if something has moved I tend to know about it I sometimes get anglers asking me stupid questions .

You must be thick its your post look at who posted it in 2016 YOU! Its very clear it even says its your post in it!

Prove you have seen wrecks being dragged along by scallopers

If you cannot recognise your own post how the hell do you get a licence to take people out on your dingy?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

37 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

You must be thick its your post look at who posted it in 2016 YOU! Its very clear it even says its your post in it!

Prove you have seen wrecks being dragged along by scallopers

If you cannot recognise your own post how the hell do you get a licence to take people out on your dingy?

Lord almighty you can’t be that stupid surly .

Untitled-1.jpg

10 hours ago, big_cod said:

Chester’s you are fool or are  your pretending to be thick  why blurt on something you know absolutely nothing about how the hell would I see a wreck being dragged along the sea bed in 200ft  of water unless I got gas bottle a wet suit on and and a pair of flippers and watch it !!!! 

Lord above I thought bas was bad but your topping him now just for a tiny weeny Minute just think how we find wrecks or navigate in general .  One of my GPS navigators has differential DGPS  which brings GPS  accuracy down to less than 1 mtr  penny dropped yet  and if something has moved I tend to know about it I sometimes get anglers asking me stupid questions .

Chester’s read this again Slowly and let your brain engage .

Untitled-1.jpg

All newspapers have a bias, if they didn't then they would cease to exist.

This letter by an ex journo' explains it better than I could, especially the last paragraph.

Patrick Powell, former sub-editor at Daily Mail (1990-2018)

I’m always surprised when this question is put, as - to be frank - it implies the questioner knows very little about the nature of newspapers.

Newspapers are commercial ventures which make their money from carrying advertising, even the Financial Times, cited below in another response. Some newspapers, of course, exist by subscription, but then it more or less follows that if you choose to subscribe to a certain publication, you do so because you share its bias. So there’s your first dead end.

No newspaper will build up much of a circulation if all it carries is advertising (and it charges money to carry that advertising). So the news and features it carries are intended to attract readers. The more readers it can attract, the higher its circulation. And the higher its circulation, the more it can charge for carrying advertising: look, it can tell potential advertisers, we sell more than our rival and are read more than our rival so if you advertise with us, your ads will be seen by more people. So much for the theory.

In practice, of course, it is really not that straightforward. And the respondent below is right that a paper such as the Financial Times can be regarded as less biased than say (here in Britain) the Guardian or the Telegraph, each of which, like other newspapers, is inclined to pander to the views of its readers in the hope its readers will continue to buy it rather than a rival paper.

The FT (and the Economist) I would suggest are special cases in that their perceived lack of bias is as much a selling point as the bias of other papers. Both are read by the movers and shakers and, pertinently, advertisers know that they are read by such, so placing an ad for a high-powered big cheese of some kind is likely to attract a more suitable applicant than placing the ad in, say, the Daily Mail or the Sun.

But I have to say there is no simple answer to this question, and what I have written is intended to get the questioner and other readers to think a little more about the nature of journalism, its commercial aspects and to draw their own conclusions. One thing I might add, in all seriousness, is this: when it comes to the newspaper industry you can never be too cynical.

Recognising that bias, and realising why it's there, is the key to analysing, and ultimately understanding any 'news' article. Just blindly repeating it as a confirmation of your own bias, is naïve, and just acts to perpetuate one side of a situation, without adding anything of value to it. Sadly, this is far too common in todays society, where 'soundbites', celeb endorsement, and media spin are used to control and manipulate large sections of the population.

John.

PS, I've just realised that I can't change the fonts. Is it just me, or a feature of the new site? 

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

5 hours ago, big_cod said:

Lord almighty you can’t be that stupid surly .

The only stupid one is you who cannot even admit your post is yours despite it being obvious to everyone reading this

These are your words in your post

On 10/26/2016 at 10:32 AM, big_cod said:

Hugh there has been 20-30 boats from all the uk working between and Scarboroughand Whitby that's over 25+ miles out from 3 mile which is now banned at the moment except for few local boats now 6 miles out to the 12 miles that's many many square miles these boats have been working , some of the dredges have had 10 dredges per side Hugh horsepower the only thing that would stop them is a large wreck they have so much power I have even seen small wrecks even being actually draggged along the seabed and are no longer in there original gps position .

Its a disaster here off the Yorkshire coast and is now showing its hand as to what the destruction scallop dredgeing actually does to the marine environment and delicate eco system .

.Look it even says its you

You whine about people lying but appear to top the bill on here ,poor poor cod if your saying the contents of the quoted text is a lie you are even calling yourself a lier

poo poor cod ifeel sorry for you honest your hate and bile has even closed your eyes to your own words

OH you need a link to something here ya go its to your delusions

Dhttps://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/evil-deeds/200811/essential-secrets-psychotherapy-truth-lies-and-self-deception

Do you remember your mummy calling you  a "special little boy" ? I don't think you cottoned on to the real meaning

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Germany doesnt play cricket

7 hours ago, gozzer said:

All newspapers have a bias, if they didn't then they would cease to exist.

You don’t have to read far to see the bias on the website quoted Gozzer, once again laughable.

Especially so if you look at the IPSO website you can plainly see, during the period 01/01/2018 through 31/12/2019 IPSO received Fifteen  yes Fifteen complaints against The Daily Mail! of which seven were rejected after investigation.

Not sure what other publications had but not exactly the spin put on the story. AGAIN.

Edited by Huge_Vitae

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."