E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

Am I missing something here? I remember this 'damning' report being released/ leaked some time ago, and even then was considered a 'worse case scenario'?

As to not including a possible 'worse case scenario' in planning for any future venture, surely a Government would be accused of being lax in their preparations. (Rather like implementing an open borders policy, without making sure that sufficient housing, utilities, etc, were in place to support those coming over. (This would be difficult I admit, since the policy also allowed an unknown number of people to enter the country anyway!).

Perhaps the Government should come on here to plan any future projects, because despite the often repeated "it's all guess work", and "no one knows for sure", there are still plenty of posts confidently insisting that things 'will happen', or, 'when it happens'.

Perhaps they shouldn't be worried, because with their apparent skills, they should have already won millions on the lottery, and be sitting very pretty indeed.

John.

Edited by gozzer
  • Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

"In the last 10 years" not brexit then!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Am I missing something here? I remember this 'damning' report being released/ leaked some time ago, and even then was considered a 'worse case scenario'?

As to not including a possible 'worse case scenario' in planning for any future venture, surely a Government would be accused of being lax in their preparations. (Rather like implementing an open borders policy, without making sure that sufficient housing, utilities, etc, were in place to support those coming over. (This would be difficult I admit, since the policy also allowed an unknown number of people to enter the country anyway!).

Perhaps the Government should come on here to plan any future projects, because despite the often repeated "it's all guess work", and "no one knows for sure", there are still plenty of posts confidently insisting that things 'will happen', or, 'when it happens'.

Perhaps they shouldn't be worried, because with their apparent skills, they should have already won millions on the lottery, and be sitting very pretty indeed.

John.

This dam report correct me if I am wrong John this report has just only recently been compiled it aint old its new the most up to data for the fallout of a no deal brexit we have had a windrush scandal what this government are now proposing is something on an industrial scale compared to wind-rush incompetence on an industrial scale I cannot wait for the **** to hit the fan there is now a new name for the Tory party The nationalist Tory Party the name fits like a glove . Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

This dam report correct me if I am wrong John this report has just only recently been compiled it aint old its new the most up to data for the fallout of a no deal brexit we have had a windrush scandal what this government are now proposing is something on an industrial scale compared to wind-rush incompetence on an industrial scale I cannot wait for the **** to hit the fan there is now a new name for the Tory party The nationalist Tory Party the name fits like a glove .

Well it's word for word like the other one Paul, so it sounds like the same one to me.

I take all these sensational, so called 'leaked' reports with a large pinch of salt. These, and the ones from an 'unnamed source', are always coincidently reported to a biased media, usually after someone in Government, or the civil service, has lost their job, or been demoted, and it's guaranteed to stir up the biggest amount of controversy.

I assume you are on about Pritti Patel, and this report,

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/home-affairs/immigration/news/105979/priti-patel-wants-eu-free-movement-end-31-october-under

If you read it properly, you will see that it's no more than a proposal, an idea that she is reported to have suggested, and embellished by a bias media. Something to go alongside the threat of a no deal. Sadly, there will be those who see it as cut and dried, and already policy, which is what the media intended to happen.

John.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Gozzer me old meat pie!

If you don’t wish to wait for these reports to be ‘leaked’ you can find them here, https://www.nao.org.uk/report/contingency-preparations-for-exiting-the-eu-with-no-deal/ I think this is a secret location next door to the room where they keep the actual files on the moon landings!

Anyway, you will see if you read from the start that operation yellow hammer is the problems that are POSSIBLE or MIGHT be encountered should the Govt. NOT prepare for a no deal Brexit. It goes on to list the things the ARE ACTUALLY being done.

But, it becomes complicated, better to just read what the media would like you to think and go on from there, if you are ‘that way inclined’ of course.

Me, I’m still wondering how some people cannot grasp “Leave in its entirety.”

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Well it's word for word like the other one Paul, so it sounds like the same one to me.

I take all these sensational, so called 'leaked' reports with a large pinch of salt. These, and the ones from an 'unnamed source', are always coincidently reported to a biased media, usually after someone in Government, or the civil service, has lost their job, or been demoted, and it's guaranteed to stir up the biggest amount of controversy.

I assume you are on about Pritti Patel, and this report,

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/home-affairs/immigration/news/105979/priti-patel-wants-eu-free-movement-end-31-october-under

If you read it properly, you will see that it's no more than a proposal, an idea that she is reported to have suggested, and embellished by a bias media. Something to go alongside the threat of a no deal. Sadly, there will be those who see it as cut and dried, and already policy, which is what the media intended to happen.

John.

John.

Ok then John this report was compiled after March 2019 it is a most up to date report everything in it confirms the fears what has being kicked about for the last 3 years now if this report is untrue why didnt they want the british people to see it and why hasn't this car crash of government compiled a report saying the OPPOSITE then .They haven't this bumbling Boris Johnsons Brexit car crash government furious that the cat is out of the bag then cry wolf spouting the usual Brexit rhetoric denial denial denial they are a shambles we are the laughing stock of world our standing once looked up on as being very special Brexit has destroyed all that just who the hell would impose self harm only those blinded by the word Brexit Johnson is trying to bluff the EU with no deal if they dont blink he is hooked and those around him as well .

Pause for thought John Just think if it had been Corbyn and his government with a report like this what would the headlines say in the Mail,Epress and the Sun I couldnt print it .

https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2019/08/19/martin-mckee-if-leaked-operation-yellowhammer-document-is-wrong-then-the-government-must-publish-the-right-one/

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

The Tory party makes the NF look like the WI. They are a disgrace and will damage this country irreparably. Mind you where is the alternative.

The Tory party makes the NF look like the WI. They are a disgrace and will damage this country irreparably. Mind you where is the alternative.

Your last line is the scariest truth about UK politics today Mike, regardless of the so called Brexit leaks. I have never, and I can not see a situation where I would vote Tory, other than to help keep Corbyn and co out of No 10.

John.

• Like 1

Ok then John this report was compiled after March 2019 it is a most up to date report everything in it confirms the fears what has being kicked about for the last 3 years now if this report is untrue why didnt they want the british people to see it and why hasn't this car crash of government compiled a report saying the OPPOSITE then .They haven't this bumbling Boris Johnsons Brexit car crash government furious that the cat is out of the bag then cry wolf spouting the usual Brexit rhetoric denial denial denial they are a shambles we are the laughing stock of world our standing once looked up on as being very special Brexit has destroyed all that just who the hell would impose self harm only those blinded by the word Brexit Johnson is trying to bluff the EU with no deal if they dont blink he is hooked and those around him as well .

Pause for thought John Just think if it had been Corbyn and his government with a report like this what would the headlines say in the Mail,Epress and the Sun I couldnt print it .

https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2019/08/19/martin-mckee-if-leaked-operation-yellowhammer-document-is-wrong-then-the-government-must-publish-the-right-one/

Paul, why should they not publish the possible effects of a 'worse case scenario'?

You really have a low opinion of the people of the UK, don't you? Anyone with half a working brain cell, should be able to figure it out for themselves.

As I said in my earlier post, any serious preparations, for any future venture, should be done with the whole spectrum of possibilities in mind, best, to worse.

This 'leak', is no more than an attempt to cause as much consternation as possible, but it shouldn't, because you should already be aware of the worse things that could possibly happen. You however choose to believe, and present this as an inevitable outcome, just playing into the hands of those who 'leaked' it. You scour the media looking for anything that will provide you with confirmation bias, regardless of source, or spin.

You then have the audacity to accuse all those who voted leave, of being gullible, and blindly swallowing any old tripe.

Can't you see the irony, and hypocrisy, in your words, and actions?

John.

Edited by gozzer

Gozzer me old meat pie!

If you don’t wish to wait for these reports to be ‘leaked’ you can find them here, https://www.nao.org.uk/report/contingency-preparations-for-exiting-the-eu-with-no-deal/ I think this is a secret location next door to the room where they keep the actual files on the moon landings!

Anyway, you will see if you read from the start that operation yellow hammer is the problems that are POSSIBLE or MIGHT be encountered should the Govt. NOT prepare for a no deal Brexit. It goes on to list the things the ARE ACTUALLY being done.

But, it becomes complicated, better to just read what the media would like you to think and go on from there, if you are ‘that way inclined’ of course.

Me, I’m still wondering how some people cannot grasp “Leave in its entirety.”

Hi HV, trust you are keeping well.

This whole thread is like a war of attrition, slowly grinding away at our senses, until we each finally disappear up our respective back stops.

I'll be glad when this bloody back gets back to normal, and I haven't to wait until the pain killers kick in before I'm able to move. I'm a week behind with the decorating, so that means when/if my back clears up, I still won't be able to go fishing until I've caught up with that! So much for planning a trip or two to the bank this week. I've got the upcoming trip to Scotland to sort out as well. Maybe I should have planned for the worse case scenario, and got someone into do it, but I'm a Yorkshireman, with a percentage of Scots blood in me, so paying someone to do it, goes against the grain. Instead I sit here, with my laptop, trying to resist posting on this thread. I delete more than I post, so I guess I have at least a bit of will power left.

Anyway thanks for the link, it proves I'm not going completely doolally, and imagining things.

Take care

John.

• Like 1