E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

If the headlines told you night was day you would believe them,why do you only dismiss brexiter lies but believe anything from remain when will it get into your head they ALL lie .

As for head in the clouds its you everytime you read the exchange rate has shifted a fraction of a percent the pound has "dived" prices have gone through the roof when prices fluctuate a fraction of a percent ,its all normal it happens all the time or do you belive prices have stayed the same in the last 40 years and only moved at the first mention we will be leaving?

Heres the price of new potatoes they are cheaper than 2011 how is that a rise? More expensive than earler i will admit but supply and demand have a imput in all things

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices/timeseries/cznk/mm23

Prices rise and fall daily its nothing to do with brexit ,if someone thinks it can squeeze a few more pence out of a buyer it will try ,if sales drop the price drops,simple supply and demand

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Always difficult to consider or even estimate if prices have risen or fallen in relative short term, the RPI certainly shows that prices are currently (in the last ten years) not high.

If you consider the Charlemagne Prize awarded to those who have contributed most to the unification of Europe, when Edward Heath ‘won’ it just before he signed away British Sovereignty to the EU it was worth an estimated £1.5 million and yet when Tony BLiar ‘won’ the same prize in 1997 around about the time he breached the constitution of the U.K. by signing the Treaty of Lisbon the same prize is not now considered the same value, even using the top end of the comparison figures gives a value of Blair’s thirty pieces of silver as just £4,125 ish.

Not sure how much money in real terms Bill Clinton ‘won’ nor indeed the value in the case of Macron when he beat all other contenders to win this so called prize.

I would go back to personal knowledge, our first colour tv back in the day was £599, long long time ago.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Always difficult to consider or even estimate if prices have risen or fallen in relative short term, the RPI certainly shows that prices are currently (in the last ten years) not high.

If you consider the Charlemagne Prize awarded to those who have contributed most to the unification of Europe, when Edward Heath ‘won’ it just before he signed away British Sovereignty to the EU it was worth an estimated £1.5 million and yet when Tony BLiar ‘won’ the same prize in 1997 around about the time he breached the constitution of the U.K. by signing the Treaty of Lisbon the same prize is not now considered the same value, even using the top end of the comparison figures gives a value of Blair’s thirty pieces of silver as just £4,125 ish.

Not sure how much money in real terms Bill Clinton ‘won’ nor indeed the value in the case of Macron when he beat all other contenders to win this so called prize.

I would go back to personal knowledge, our first colour tv back in the day was £599, long long time ago.

Bet it was on the Never Never, rent to buy - no one "Back In The Day" knew what £600 looked like!! uhuh.gif

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

If the headlines told you night was day you would believe them,why do you only dismiss brexiter lies but believe anything from remain when will it get into your head they ALL lie .

As for head in the clouds its you everytime you read the exchange rate has shifted a fraction of a percent the pound has "dived" prices have gone through the roof when prices fluctuate a fraction of a percent ,its all normal it happens all the time or do you belive prices have stayed the same in the last 40 years and only moved at the first mention we will be leaving?

Heres the price of new potatoes they are cheaper than 2011 how is that a rise? More expensive than earler i will admit but supply and demand have a imput in all things

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices/timeseries/cznk/mm23

Prices rise and fall daily its nothing to do with brexit ,if someone thinks it can squeeze a few more pence out of a buyer it will try ,if sales drop the price drops,simple supply and demand

Egg and chips for tea every night then and what about cereals and all the wheat we import my good lady drags me screaming shopping which I hate putting it mildly food prices are rising at a faster rate for years sometimes not in one or two pennys but as high ten pence per item I bleeding know I pay for the stuff and we use the both Lidl and Aldi and other major supermarkets as well so its across the board , what about your heating and lighting costs,petrol,diesel all up and up because of weak pound you are constantly in denile like the clown mogg in the video quotes somebody as god in economics then when put to him about what he said about Brexit destroying our economy farming etc doesn't like it and says literally no that doesn't count .? and he still never answered the bleeding question .

Watch the video again Chesters says it all about Brexit here we have brexit god Jacob Reed mogg wriggling like mad Doesn't like being put on the spot especially when he wont admit the truth Mr Brexit ?.

And Boris went to meet merkel ?

And macron ?

And now trump American first Britain last .????

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/james-obrien-brexit-top-10-jacob-rees-mogg/

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Bet it was on the Never Never, rent to buy - no one "Back In The Day" knew what £600 looked like!! uhuh.gif

Every one rented from a company called DER (if i can recal correctly) me and the neighbour had identical tvs so when there was nothing on the box for amusement i used to lean over the fence and change his channels! This appeared to anoy him to the point of hitting it and next day the DER van was out side trying to fix this strange fault ,he often could be heard shouting at his kids as i had my entertainment as if sending them to bed cured anything.

About the same time i got my city and guilds in tv servicing and made good money buying old tvs and a few years later videos fixing them and flogging them on.

The first new telly i bought was a 32" one which was £1100 built in surround sound unlike the poor sound in tv's today that was expensive but today you can just stroll in and buy a 43" UHDTV for less than a quarter of that and its a damn sight lighter aswell!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Egg and chips for tea every night then and what about cereals and all the wheat we import my good lady drags me screaming shopping which I hate putting it mildly food prices are rising at a faster rate for years sometimes not in one or two pennys but as high ten pence per item I bleeding know I pay for the stuff and we use the both Lidl and Aldi and other major supermarkets as well so its across the board , what about your heating and lighting costs,petrol,diesel all up and up because of weak pound you are constantly in denile like the clown mogg in the video quotes somebody as god in economics then when put to him about what he said about Brexit destroying our economy farming etc doesn't like it and says literally no that doesn't count .? and he still never answered the bleeding question .

Watch the video again Chesters says it all about Brexit here we have brexit god Jacob Reed mogg wriggling like mad Doesn't like being put on the spot especially when he wont admit the truth Mr Brexit ?.

And Boris went to meet merkel ?

And macron ?

And now trump American first Britain last .????

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/james-obrien-brexit-top-10-jacob-rees-mogg/

The prices go up because you pay them stop buying them and the prices will fall ,simple supply and demand!

And YES you can stop buying something men in black suits wont knock down your door put you in chains and force you to buy cornflakes or coffee!

As for heating etc they always rise because the majority use it so its high demand dictating rices ,if they know you cannot not use it it will rise ,supply and demand again not brexit not because some bloke dropped a hammer on his foot but someone deciding to raise the price because they can!

If you choose to use or buy something the prices will rise because choosing it means demand

We CHOOSE to live in a society where we buy from others not produce it ourselves so your CHOICE comes with consequences of doing so

If you chose to grow your own veg would veg prices effect you? NO if you buy them your going to be effected by that choice i cannot see what your problem is not understanding simple supply and demand and its excuses to raise prices ,brexit is an excuse its not even happened but people are to stupid to realise its people in the background manipulating money to make more under any excuse

Edited by chesters1

Every one rented from a company called DER (if i can recal correctly) me and the neighbour had identical tvs so when there was nothing on the box for amusement i used to lean over the fence and change his channels! This appeared to anoy him to the point of hitting it and next day the DER van was out side trying to fix this strange fault ,he often could be heard shouting at his kids as i had my entertainment as if sending them to bed cured anything.

About the same time i got my city and guilds in tv servicing and made good money buying old tvs and a few years later videos fixing them and flogging them on.

The first new telly i bought was a 32" one which was £1100 built in surround sound unlike the poor sound in tv's today that was expensive but today you can just stroll in and buy a 43" UHDTV for less than a quarter of that and its a damn sight lighter aswell!

biggrin.png That did make me laugh. I don't think i'm quite as aged as yourself Chesters and don't remember DER? But I certainly remember the days of Radio Rentals and Rumbelows. blink.png

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Googling shows DER was absorbed by RR

A remote control Chesters! Didn’t get one of those on a telly till sometime later. It was a Kortang Transmere, produced in Germany I believe, funny that we were able to purchase goods from Germany, we weren’t in the EU then.

Yes Martin, Hire Purchase had recently been introduced.

Most people do not realise that Cereal crops are traded on a futures market before they are even grown, the price fluctuates on an daily if not hourly basis. There are experts who predict crop yield as was shown in the film ‘Trading Places.’

Most farmers sell a proportion of their crop in advance to protect themselves if a bumper crop yield when prices plummet.

It is hard for some to understand this when the media is selling a story to the gullible that Brexit is to blame.

Market factors also come into play as you say, if people are prepared to pay high prices prices stay high. Remember the potato shortages in the seventies, a bag of chips from the chippy cost pennies and went up and up, end of shortages and prices stayed high because people carried on buying.

I predict that this year the price of apples will rise on the wholesale market, nothing to do with Brexit but the gullible will swallow the story, a fortnight ago the unseasonable high winds brought down over half our crop, all to small to be any use except compost, have to hope the remaining will grow bigger but if they grow to big before they are ready to crop they will be too heavy and fall, it is nature and nothing else.

Perhaps I should not have mentioned cereal crops, some on here are going to imagine a Frosties plant in a remote location.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Our first remote control tv was wired ,unfortunately the wire was 3 feet short of the setee ?