E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

I watched that last night, (yes, the whole 2 hours!), not much new revealed, same exaggeration, speculation and guess work, given as fact, some attempted character assassination, and some pretty naïve questions from the audience.

The two that stood out for me were, Gisela Stuart, and Andrea Leadsom, both stood up and said what they had to, in a calm, controlled, informed manner, as opposed to the aggressive, scare tactics of Sadiq Khan, and Ruth Davidson. Francis O'Grady, although passionate about her subject, seemed 'wishy, washy', in her presentation, and reminded me of an RE teacher from my school days. Boris was....well, Boris, I don't really like the man, but he did rouse the crowd at the end.

I might be slightly bias, but I thought that 'Leave' came out on top, on the night.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

What a shame that this was not more widely disseminated.

Well worth watching BEFORE you vote.

Facts for a change from someone who actually knows

https://www.youtube.com/embed/USTypBKEd8Y

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

My daughters academy has tried and failed to give the students any guidance what so ever on the EU referendum.

This was due to the teachers being unable to remain neutral!

I have explained to both that there is no + or - , the whole thing is a matter of personal opinion and no one really has a clue as to what will happen whatever the outcome.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

What a shame that this was not more widely disseminated.

Well worth watching BEFORE you vote.

Facts for a change from someone who actually knows

https://www.youtube.com/embed/USTypBKEd8Y

Just watched it Dave, sorry but it hasn't swayed me, knew most of it before.

I wish he had said something positive about remaining, I've been waiting all the way through this farce for someone to do that, it seems even the most knowledgeable of experts can't.

What he has said, is that the people of UK, (and probably most of the other member countries), have been lied to, misled, and conned into accepting terms and conditions that have led us to this point, where we are screwed if we try to leave, but also screwed if we stay.

I personally believe that the EU will eventually collapse, degenerate into warring factions, under the weight of increased numbers of different nations, with different ideals, cultures, and prejudices. This is as well as the economic differences, that are evident at present.

There is much more to this 'debate' than just economics, but it is being dismissed as a side issue among many, and to bring it to the table, results in cries of 'racism', and 'xenophobia', as shown in the so called 'Great Debate' last night.

Far from helping keep the peace, I believe that it will exacerbate the situation, and there will be civil unrest.

If we continue as we are, there are the environmental issues. We as a relatively small island, cannot sustain a population explosion on the scale we are seeing. We don't have the infrastructure, amenities, or housing to do so. If we started a massive house building programme now, it would take years to house those already here, never mind those still to come. Where would we build all these houses, on vast swathes of green belt? We already have areas where cities/large towns, have grown so large that there is only an 'imaginary' line where the two meet. What about the sewage, waste, disposal? Many places struggle to cope now, especially during the influx of visitors at holiday time. What will happen to the rivers, woodlands, and the creatures that inhabit them?

Maybe the answer is to remain, and prosper in the short term, and keep our fingers crossed for the future. Any changes that they say we can make while 'in the club' will either be vetoed, ignored, or take so long for the, (at least 27, more to come), other countries to debate, and come up with an answer, that it will to late to implement.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I thought he said quite a few positive things about remaining, debunked a few myths and exposed some of the Brexit lies.

I wouldn't really expect it to sway anyone at this stage, which is why I wish it had been more widely available earlier.

I find the idea of Brexit rather more worrying than I did before. I wish you well, whatever the outcome but I still firmly believe that this is not something that should have been put to a referendum. All of the comments I read from many different sources suggests strongly that people are voting based on very poor or inaccurate information.

Ever heard the expression "be careful what you wish for"?

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I thought he said quite a few positive things about remaining, debunked a few myths and exposed some of the Brexit lies.

I wouldn't really expect it to sway anyone at this stage, which is why I wish it had been more widely available earlier.

I find the idea of Brexit rather more worrying than I did before. I wish you well, whatever the outcome but I still firmly believe that this is not something that should have been put to a referendum. All of the comments I read from many different sources suggests strongly that people are voting based on very poor or inaccurate information.

Ever heard the expression "be careful what you wish for"?

Yes Dave, I should have been more careful 40yrs ago, when I wished for, and believed in a 'Common Market' that would provide economic prosperity, without evolving into a bureaucratic nightmare, that is trying to mix the equivalent of oil and water to establish one 'big happy family'. :D

John.

I saw a bit about this "life changing " position ,think about your kids and grandkids it said ,you mean the kids and grandkids who are undercut in even the most basic jobs by cheap foreign labour we cannot control,who will never get on the housing ladder because mass imigration from this EU has forced up the prices (supply and demand) who now wait weeks to see a doctor where once you just turned up and took a ticket ,where school kids are held back whilst teachers put more time into helping those with english as a second language (or no english at all) ,i can go on

As for all these great directives from the EU theres just as many harmful ones and any law good or bad some foreigner forces to us except our politicians can do the same if they got of their fat lazy arses .

What ever happens we will suffer on one side having the audacity to question these foreigners hold over us and if we leave we will suffer with their childish tantrums because the huge EU bill is now being paid by one less mug so the remaining will have to dig deeper.

Theres always been trade across the continent 1974 made it easier but now germany wants to have an advantage in everything so insists the EU puts in directives making it difficult to get deals outside of germanies influence ,in essence if germany doesnt profit they will make damn sure no-one else will either

Every trade deal we try to make has to be ok'd by the eu ,one company has been waiting 17 years for the eu to give the ok to sell to south america ,i suspect germany doesnt sell what they do and is doing its best to put the company out of business

Get rid of the WTO as well its just as bad ,if you can profit sellice ice to iceland or sand to saudi ,do it why have some petty official stop you making money

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I wish you well, whatever the outcome but I still firmly believe that this is not something that should have been put to a referendum. All of the comments I read from many different sources suggests strongly that people are voting based on very poor or inaccurate information.

Absolute rubbish. no one will have no issue sorting the wheat from the chaff, so your comment questions the intelligence of those in the u k who are lucky enough to have their say.

The first referendum for the common market was just that, the common market. Even the ballot paper had yes or no for the common market in big black letters. No reference to a political union what so ever. The taxpaying public where deceived. The last labour government offered a referendum on the e u political super state and they reneged on that. The conservatives promised a referendum and surprisingly they were voted in this time with a small majority. So why do you consider that the will of the people is not relevant when it comes to deciding to either remain in this strangle hold, not just for the u k btw. or leave. Those buroprats are still at it. one saying that the populist view is no consequence while another this afternoon stated that out is out and Cameron got all that the e u were willing to give. There's no more to give. What that man is saying is that it will be business as usual if the vote is to remain. meaning no further sweeties of the u k. The e u super ideal experiment trundles on with closer integration and even the u k joining the euro because that is what the e u experiment demands

quote:

The UK will not be able to return to the negotiating table if it votes to leave the European Union, one of the EU's top officials has said.

Speaking on the eve of the referendum, European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker said the outcome would be final and "out is out".

And the UK would not get a better deal than the one already negotiated by Prime Minister David Cameron.

Leave supporter Boris Johnson called Mr Juncker an "unelected tin-pot figure".

The former mayor of London said the remarks showed Mr Cameron's belief that the UK could achieve further reform to immigration rules from within the EU were a "sham, snare and a delusion".

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I had to go and have me ears shringed today and had a chat with the nurse doing it.

She said she was voting "OUT" and was very passionate about doing so!

She was furious about all the foreigners clogging up the system and even when they can speak fluent english insisting on having an interpreter present costing a couple of hundred notes a go!

She said if we stay in the EU there will deffo be no NHS in the not too distant future. She reckons all the staff in the NHS that she knows are voting to get the fekc out of dodge n'all.