E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Politicians lied to you to and you are surprised?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/reality-check/2016/may/23/does-the-eu-really-cost-the-uk-350m-a-week

And I'm the one that's meant to be naive? They'll be needing every penny thay can to prop up the pound.

I hope they have a BIG supply of dead cats.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I am not at all concerned about my status in Spain.

What I am seriously concerned about is the future of my business in the UK if the UK economy goes t*ts up, as should any normal self employed or business owner in the UK be.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Now you'll find out that the ECHR is not an EU body.

Very true, though is it not the case that accession to the ECHR is a prerequisite for EU membership?

I am not at all concerned about my status in Spain.

What I am seriously concerned about is the future of my business in the UK if the UK economy goes t*ts up, as should any normal self employed or business owner in the UK be.

It's already cost an extra £250,000,000,000 from the BofE to prop up the banks.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Very true, though is it not the case that accession to the ECHR is a prerequisite for EU membership?

It is. But the referendum was on membership of the EU, not the Council of Europe of which we are a founder member. Are you advocating that we leave the Council of Europe too?

It is. But the referendum was on membership of the EU, not the Council of Europe of which we are a founder member. Are you advocating that we leave the Council of Europe too?

I'm saying that for those who wish to do so, that objective was blocked by EU membership - so the two things, while separate, are linked.

(for what it's worth, I stayed on the fence until Thursday morning, and in the end voted remain)

Well the votes are counted, and, surprisingly, it went the way I wanted. Why then do I not feel like dancing in the street, shouting from the roof tops, or even feel like celebrating? It's simple, the whole, so called debate, has been a disgusting, farce from the outset, from both sides. I'm not happy to see my country/nation divided like this, even less so based on the lies, and deceit that we have witnessed. I would have felt much better had the result been more decisive, but, it was not to be. I would like to see the results of the votes made only by the people who actually live here though. I think that would have given a better insight into the true feelings of the nation.

Those on the remain side don't have to look any further than the negative campaign run by those who represented them, to see why the result is as it is. That plus the wedge that has been driven, by successive governments, between the North and the South, as shown in the voting patterns.

This has been a vote against the 'establishment' as much as anything else, and I hope it will open a few eyes in Westminster.

Whether we will have an early General Election, I don't know, but I notice Dave 'we British don't quit' Cameron as ..er...quit, so it will be up to others to lead the way. I only hope we can find someone strong enough to lead us through the difficult, next few years.

Sadly, I believe that recriminations, blame, and 'back biting' will be the order of the day, for some time, but I hope that we can eventually all pull in the same direction, because I truly believe that we have made the right long term decision.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Now you'll find out that the ECHR is not an EU body.

we will be leaving it anyway mark my words.

If the IPB fails to go ahead we will end up leaving the echr. How else can the gov make legal the right to rape our ethernet ports.

Im glad we are leaving the eu but the only one thing i did like about it was its rules on data privacy/government snooping/hacking but at the end of the day it meant feck all as gov are hacking and snooping on every cnt anyway. It will get worse once the echr means nothing here (all your encryptionz are belong to us)

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk