E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

So. It's all good news Barry give your head a shake it's nothing short of a disaster andf for good measure our chancellor had just increased your insurance premiums TO 12 % that's on everything home insurance car you name it a nice lttke stealth tax or not so little for some .

Labour would been ravaged on these figures Osborn failed on everything plus we lost our triple AAA rating increasing the cost to borrow thus increasing national depht Osborn went down a road of Austetity it failed Massive and now we pay the price his policies failed where is he now I wonder sat with his feet up peeing him self laughing .

Edited your post BC, possibly a typo but a big difference.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Edited your post BC, possibly a typo but a big difference.

Ah these iPhones Hugh sometimes they change your txi and you haven't noticed well spotted from 10% to 12 % a big hype for many considering house ,car ,boats ,the list is endless on top of that after the sums were broken down this morning Teresa may said she wanted to help the lower end families it's now official the families at the bottom end will be worse off by 2020 a complete farce to what she has claimed .

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2247064/autumn-statement-2016-insurance-premiums-to-go-up-51-a-year-on-average-after-chancellor-announces-two-per-cent-hike-in-tax

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

"The man who invented predictive text has died, his funfair will be held on sundial"!

If you think about it BC your post contains a different answer to the point you make, in fact quite the opposite, consider the following facts from my own perspective.

My car insurance last renewal was £198 odd, for simplicity in demonstrating let's round it to £200.

That means my premium is £180 plus (old rate) tax of £20.

If the new rate were applicable at last renewal my premium of £180 would remain, at the new rate the tax will now be £21.60, a rise of £1.60 per annum.

In your post you add several additions, house, contents and boat just a few examples.

My neighbour has several cars, including the odd Ferrari or two, a very large boat and a massive Country House, I only have the one car and one house.

He is a multi millionaire and the collective increase in taxation to him and people like him will be massive compared to the average person, so personally I am ok with that.

Yes, you will pay an increase in tax on your boat, but considering it is a 100% tax deductible expenditure you should only suffer the same as the rest of 'us' unless of course you are keeping your private jet that you use to get to Spain a secret from us.

Edited to change cat insurance to car insurance lmao!

Edited by Huge_Vitae
  • Like 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

"The man who invented predictive text has died, his funfair will be held on sundial"!

If you think about it BC your post contains a different answer to the point you make, in fact quite the opposite, consider the following facts from my own perspective.

My car insurance last renewal was £198 odd, for simplicity in demonstrating let's round it to £200.

That means my premium is £180 plus (old rate) tax of £20.

If the new rate were applicable at last renewal my premium of £180 would remain, at the new rate the tax will now be £21.60, a rise of £1.60 per annum.

In your post you add several additions, house, contents and boat just a few examples.

My neighbour has several cars, including the odd Ferrari or two, a very large boat and a massive Country House, I only have the one car and one house.

He is a multi millionaire and the collective increase in taxation to him and people like him will be massive compared to the average person, so personally I am ok with that.

Yes, you will pay an increase in tax on your boat, but considering it is a 100% tax deductible expenditure you should only suffer the same as the rest of 'us' unless of course you are keeping your private jet that you use to get to Spain a secret from us.

Edited to change cat insurance to car insurance lmao!

Bloody Hugh looks like we are going to get a rebate I must have got it all wrong silly me oh just for the record it was 5% in 2010 the torys have increased it to the new high of 12% just for good measure and with my 2 houses in Mayfair and Chelsea and the coupe of flats in Canary Wharf it's going to bloody hurt oh forgot the sun seeker as well and my 2 property's in Spain ?

This tax is now labelled as the fastest growing stealth tax .

And wage growth is looking like the worst since the 1920ss if this government had my bank book they would have all got the sack .

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/money/2016/nov/23/autumn-statement-insurance-premium-tax-increased-again%3F0p19G%3De

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

and with my 2 houses in Mayfair and Chelsea and the coupe of flats in Canary Wharf it's going to bloody hurt oh forgot the sun seeker as well and my 2 property's in Spain

I can believe the Mayfair houses, after all we all love monopoly...........

So what happens when your cat catches fire?

Same way I treat hot dogs, add ketchup and onions!

Same way I treat hot dogs, add ketchup and onions!

Like they say in China, "There's more than one way to skin a cat". I've heard that ginger is de rigeur with cat ;) Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

the bass ban is e u legislation where they now insist they have the right to govern up to our shoreline. The result of the ban was due to the most excellent work the trust, TAT put in, not.

As said if you wish to remain in the e u, you will have a cod bag limit to explain to your anglers, is that what you really want?

Farage on Trump:

• “I didn’t go [to the Mississippi rally] to endorse Donald Trump, but he did, after I did my bit, he did say to me, you’ll be my friend for life. Well I tell you what, that’s not bad.” - September 2016

• “I thought he was like a big silverback gorilla prowling the studio” - October 2016, describing Trump’s performance in the second presidential debate

• “Trump likes the UK, talks about his mother’s Scottish birth, owns golf courses here and is entirely comfortable with our culture. More importantly still, he supported Brexit and he says post-Brexit Britain will be at the front of the queue when it comes to trade relationships. What a pleasant change this will make from Obama and Clinton who have looked down and sneered at us.” - November 2016

hope May doesn't discount the above, it will be to the detriment of the u k, nothing wrong with making farage a special envoy and you can laugh all you like.

You really should get to grips with Google Barry. You might have found out how excellent Chump is at running a Golf Course.

He's losing millions of pounds https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/12/donald-trump-scotland-golf-course-resort-losses

And has converted Royal Turnberry into a course that nobody wants to play on.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/golf/donald-trumps-turnberry-golf-club-to-no-longer-host-the-open-tournament-amid-anger-over-a6771086.html

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote