E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

To a certain extent it does Cory, you need 'faith' to 'believe' that the results from the last fifty experiments will be replicated in the next fifty, science very often says, "on the basis of what happend when we did this, if you do that, then this is the likely outcome.

It is a difference in meaning perhaps, you and I do not think that because somebody tells us that this will happen if you do that because Cod says it will, does not mean that it will happen as much as it means that it will not happen, in many things a Scientist will say "On the basis of what we now know, this should happen" but the Scientist knows that the evidence can and will change. Even the likes of Stephen Hawkin will admit that. A religious person might 'know' what will happen in some cases, a Scientist will know what might happen in the same situation, the scientist is open to change if the information he has changes, the religious person is not, that, I think is the point phone is making.

|No it doesn't. Faith is pretending to know things one cannot possibly know.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Cory,

Yep,

Reason is the capacity for consciously making sense of things, applying logic, establishing and verifying facts, and changing or justifying practices, institutions, and beliefs based on new or existing information.

All of which begin as a form of faith. (I see what I see)

Phone

All,

BREXIT is not a "thing". Neither inductive or deductive reasoning can predict an outcome. Subject opinions are neither scientific or religious. The outcome will be a result of reason or "faith". Some will like it some will not. But surely everyone can see it is faith based.

Phone

• Like 1

Brexit is definitely religious. Brexit is their New Jerusalem and Theresa May is like a Latter Day Christ and the Holy Mother all rolled into one.

All,

BREXIT is not a "thing". Neither inductive or deductive reasoning can predict an outcome. Subject opinions are neither scientific or religious. The outcome will be a result of reason or "faith". Some will like it some will not. But surely everyone can see it is faith based.

Phone

Name one thing that has been learned through doing science that we need to accept as an article of faith?

Edited by corydoras
  • Like 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

And now monarch goes bust a major part of monarchs downfall is the fall of the pound which is solely down to tge brexit vote this has contributed greatly to there costs good old brexit brilliant for business NOT !!!!! how many more businesses will go the same way because of the weak pound .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

50.000 people protesting against brexit ahead of the Tory party conference in Manchester

Brexit is a monstrosity the revolt to brexit is now well underway.

Mrs may is now on death row just how much longer can she last boris in waiting .

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/metro.co.uk/2017/10/01/50000-protesters-take-part-in-huge-anti-brexit-march-outside-tory-conference-in-manchester-6969238/amp/

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

|No it doesn't. Faith is pretending to know things one cannot possibly know.

Which is pretty much everything anyone says unless you can prove it to yourself ,otherwise its opinion .

Faith is a deeply held opinion ,some have faith everything a "scientist" says is true but its just an opinion based on most probably someone elses opinion

You cannot prove the "big bang" but many believe it to be true they may even hold a deeply held opinion it is but they can never possibly know they have faith the science is valid but can never know whether it is because they cannot conduct the experiments used to get the results its based on ,use the model the results are based on or most probably not have the money to redo the work its based on ,everything is faith outside of your own bubble

63% of the world has faith a god exists but like science its an opinion based on not a lot of real evidence but lots of opinion

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

50.000 people protesting against brexit ahead of the Tory party conference in Manchester

Brexit is a monstrosity the revolt to brexit is now well underway.

Mrs may is now on death row just how much longer can she last boris in waiting .

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/metro.co.uk/2017/10/01/50000-protesters-take-part-in-huge-anti-brexit-march-outside-tory-conference-in-manchester-6969238/amp/

50,000 is hardly a protest out of 65 million they ignored the 400,000 or so against the hunting bill so hopefully their laughing at the pitiful march up there lol

We just got to except were going to brexit and you dont like it and its not going to be a hard brexit which i dont like

You like to lick the balls of foreigners dictating how we live i would like to kick them in them for the same reason and no amount of links nor toy throwing will change it

If people REALY didnt want brexit your 50,000 would be 36 million on the streats and burning policemen to make a point

Not saying little riots dont work we now have council tax which propably works out far more expensive than a poll tax but hey you got to do a lot more burning to get the mps shivering in their boots but once the poxy labour government brought out their 3,000 anti terror laws they can stop anything they want if they dare

I for one dont agree with politics being decided by a minority i would rather the majority decide than a tiny minority with loud voices its bad enough we have to watch sport a minority pleasure forced on the nations tv wimbledon a fine example!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Heseltine says brexit probably won't happen ?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-news-uk-leave-eu-euro-lord-michael-heseltine-tory-peer-conservative-single-currency-a7959836.html%3Famp

And now it's happening people are now realising they were tricked into brexit and now seeing its a financial suicide for Britain sense is beginning to prevail .

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-majority-uk-british-people-stay-in-eu-not-leave-latest-poll-theresa-may-florence-speech-tory-a7960226.html

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

I would remove hesletine from the lords but unfortunately most if not all know things previous governments dont want us to know so were stuck with the bit of crap until he dies

Not sure why anyone can mention being a democracy and have a house of lords in the same breath its very undemocratic indeed

Still got the idiotic impression those that voted brexit were idiots tricked into voting out and only remainers had the brains to see the facts? Time to get it in your head you LOST and stop the baby sniveling and links to nothing more than opinion supporting yours

The only casualty is those that voted leave are going to end up with the government not having the balls to do it properly but then thats my opinion from the start

Edited by chesters1