barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

big_cod, on 25 Nov 2017 - 18:57, said:

Your a hopeless case barry have you wrote or emailed your tory fisheries minister yet bas does he agrees with the new proposed bass ban on anglers friend or foe barry .

http://www.anglingtrust.net/news.asp?itemid=4239&itemTitle=Bass+ban+sparks+fury+amongst+sea+anglers&section=29&sectionTitle=Angling+Trust+News

Don't think I have ever seen such a bad case of the swerves such as yours.

Go open another topic re the bass I have plenty to say on that one, in particular the false promise of support will be one of the items worth a mention.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Don't think I have ever seen such a bad case of the swerves such as yours.

Go open another topic re the bass I have plenty to say on that one, in particular the false promise of support will be one of the items worth a mention.

And exactly what was your support barry I am intrigued to know . Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

big_cod, on 25 Nov 2017 - 19:19, said:

And exactly what was your support barry I am intrigued to know .

more swerving.

I haven't offered any, you have.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

more swerving.

I haven't offered any, you have.

Thought so thats just nothing then !! yet you try to contradict others all talk barry all talk why didnt you email your Tory fisheries minister complaining all waff you see when things can be done its done only yesterday we sent a ducument to the PBA which was distributed to all the members round the uk regarding a very serious issue which could affect chartering round the uk you see barry when we can make an impact helping other charter skippers we do you shout and scream about others for doing nothing yet you did nothing at all on the bass ban yourself a big fat O is that not hypocrisy Barry especially as bass supposedly means so much to you thats bad bas

Now for swerving why have IFCA BANNED Dredgeing out to 6 miles thats 99% of the uk Dredgeing fleet only a handful of LOCAL boats have being given a licence to fish inside of 6 miles these are local skippers who have fished the sand and broken ground round here for many years and have never done any Dredgeing over the reefs the rest are now pushed out aback of 6 miles off the Yorkshire coast now why did they ban 99% of Dredgeing fleet aback of 6 mile did they do it for a laugh or did they do it because they were destroying all reefs off the Yorkshire coast the impact of this is severely environmentally destructive to fish and the marine habit Its one or the other Barry unless your behind help you should very quickly work it out no swerving .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

it was a long time ago you offered 150% support to the bass charter skippers and you have managed to send a letter, when, yesterday. That's very positive of you. Now give us a link to this letter. Or is it for particular eyes only. btw, even the p b a take longer than 1 day to distribute information unless it was so urgent, was it? No matter if you wish to hide it as if it exists I can get copy. Did you send it signed big cod or the Whitby charter association? Have you advised Whitby anglers of what you have done? Benyon and his TAT mates are the instigators of the e u bass ban. They cocked up. They used exaggerated catch figures of anglers landings, knowingly. Even though they told all previously they would collect information only without passing it on, as they claimed at the time they never trusted defra and co. I hope you copied in the e u commissioner your letter, they are the ones who dictated the ban, did you?

I have sent letters to both defra, mmo and the e u before the bass ban came in, however salter and his ceo had the ears of his parliament chums, that's when the damage was caused. you didn't send anything?

What your ifca have done is prevent a turf war with the potters, they are charging the guys permits to fish the ifca water, Anyone can apply for a permit, it's not restricted to Whitby boats. Where are your facts regarding all this devastation you continually claim? Where is the evidence of interlopers towing away your reefs? Where is the cod depletion evidence linked to the draggers, is there any?

it was a long time ago you offered 150% support to the bass charter skippers and you have managed to send a letter, when, yesterday. That's very positive of you. Now give us a link to this letter. Or is it for particular eyes only. btw, even the p b a take longer than 1 day to distribute information unless it was so urgent, was it? No matter if you wish to hide it as if it exists I can get copy. Did you send it signed big cod or the Whitby charter association? Have you advised Whitby anglers of what you have done? Benyon and his TAT mates are the instigators of the e u bass ban. They cocked up. They used exaggerated catch figures of anglers landings, knowingly. Even though they told all previously they would collect information only without passing it on, as they claimed at the time they never trusted defra and co. I hope you copied in the e u commissioner your letter, they are the ones who dictated the ban, did you?

I have sent letters to both defra, mmo and the e u before the bass ban came in, however salter and his ceo had the ears of his parliament chums, that's when the damage was caused. you didn't send anything?

What your ifca have done is prevent a turf war with the potters, they are charging the guys permits to fish the ifca water, Anyone can apply for a permit, it's not restricted to Whitby boats. Where are your facts regarding all this devastation you continually claim? Where is the evidence of interlopers towing away your reefs? Where is the cod depletion evidence linked to the draggers, is there any?

Barry I am begging to think you really are stupid did you not read what I said who said that letter had anything to do with bass ? my lord send me a link its a completely different matter and as it is has absolutely nothing to do with you but could affect all charterboat skippers round the uk .

Now then in one beath you said you did nothing on bass and the next sent letters like they coming out of your ears which is it .

Again you swerve the question and not given an anser why would they BAN Dredgeing to 99% of the Dredgeing fleet nothing what so ever to do with potters .

And a prosecution for illegal Dredgeing in a prohibited area to protect the marine environment.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/environment/13648727.Fishermen_face_prosecution_for_illegal_scallop_dredging_of_Scottish_seabed/

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

And what also has to be remembered is, the U.K. can legislate as much as it likes, doesn't matter what public opinion is, doesn't matter what evidence is produced, any legislation DOES NOT apply to EU boats fishing our territorial waters, well not for 490 days anyway.

Just the same as this from Gov.Uk.

"Pair trawling for bass off the south-west coast of England has been shown to have a high level of cetacean by-catch compared to other fisheries. Because of this, pelagic pair trawling for bass by UK vessels is banned within 12 miles of the south-west coast of England (International Council for the Exploration of the Sea (ICES) area VIIe). Other bass fisheries, such as gillnetting and handlining, and pair trawl fisheries targeting other species, are not affected by the ban.

The UK requested that the ban on pelagic pair trawling for bass be extended to vessels from other EU member states, but this request was turned down by the EC. These vessels are currently permitted to fish between six and 12 miles off the coast of south-west England."

Exactly the same as Sandeel pillaging, to sum up ALL the letters and correspondence I've exchanged with Ministers (both Con. & Labour) over the past decade or more, "Take it up with the EU!"

Edited by Huge_Vitae

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

big_cod, on 26 Nov 2017 - 09:24, said:

Barry I am begging to think you really are stupid did you not read what I said who said that letter had anything to do with bass my lord send me a link its a completely different matter and as it is has absolutely nothing to do with you but could affect all charterboat skippers round the uk .
Now then in one beath you said you did nothing on bass and the next sent letters like they coming out of your ears which is it .

Again you swerve the question and not given an anser why would they BAN Dredgeing to 99% of the Dredgeing fleet nothing what so ever to do with potters .

And a prosecution for illegal Dredgeing in a prohibited area to protect the marine environment.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/environment/13648727.Fishermen_face_prosecution_for_illegal_scallop_dredging_of_Scottish_seabed/

Dear ohh dear support I have offered, the answer is as I have said nothing. However I have previously written to defra, mmo and the e u re the bass, Yet again what did you do? Nothing apart from offer 150% support to charter skippers on the south coast that came to ziltch, nothing what so ever.

Now tell me, this other matter, who are you liaising with at the pba?

Chris Caines, bless him has died, Dave Gibson has retired and Paul Whittall has also retired so who is it now you are writing to? Affects all charter skipper you say, surley that has to also affect the customers the anglers, so come on spill the beans or is it too sensitive to provide some facts.

btw, you haven't provided any information what so ever re devastation of the habitat or depletion of the stock due to scalloping, I suggest you have nothing to offer.

Edited by barry luxton

Huge_Vitae, on 26 Nov 2017 - 15:01, said:

And what also has to be remembered is, the U.K. can legislate as much as it likes, doesn't matter what public opinion is, doesn't matter what evidence is produced, any legislation DOES NOT apply to EU boats fishing our territorial waters, well not for 490 days anyway.

Just the same as this from Gov.Uk.

"Pair trawling for bass off the south-west coast of England has been shown to have a high level of cetacean by-catch compared to other fisheries. Because of this, pelagic pair trawling for bass by UK vessels is banned within 12 miles of the south-west coast of England (International Council for the Exploration of the Sea (ICES) area VIIe). Other bass fisheries, such as gillnetting and handlining, and pair trawl fisheries targeting other species, are not affected by the ban.

The UK requested that the ban on pelagic pair trawling for bass be extended to vessels from other EU member states, but this request was turned down by the EC. These vessels are currently permitted to fish between six and 12 miles off the coast of south-west England."

Exactly the same as Sandeel pillaging, to sum up ALL the letters and correspondence I've exchanged with Ministers (both Con. & Labour) over the past decade or more, "Take it up with the EU!"

You are correct regarding cetacean, however those found dead where not linked directly to u k pair trawlers, there is no evidence of say dolphin depletions to date, quite the reverse.

Yes for very many years both the dutch and the French pair trawlers have been targeting the bass off the u k coast, while the u k pairs have been banned for many years, Roskilly and his mate concannon down the south west are the ones who can tell you what they got up to all those years ago. Unfortunately what they did achieve was the disparity between those eu commercials and the u k commercials, that enabled the French to land nine times the amount of bass than the whole of u k bass commercials, year on year. Yet in the e u's wisdom the u k anglers are first in the firing line, due to the shiet that TAT provided.

The so called bass shortage. The only sampling carried out, although it is known that there are 3 separate bass stocks from the bay of Biscay to the top end of the channel has been carried out badly in the solent. And TAT was all over the alledged bass shortage in the solent like a rash, claiming that the bass are falling off the cliff.

What I find baffling, if the u k was to remain in the e u, b c will have restrictions placed on his cod fishing, yet he appears deaf to that.

Edited by barry luxton

That's why I added 'Public Opinion' to my post Barry, it doesn't always matter exactly what is evidenced if enough people think that Dolphins are dying it's enough. The point was the EU regulations allowing it in UK territorial waters is ridiculous. I wonder how people would react if Bull fighting or cock fighting was practiced at Wembley Stadium!

Incidentally I have looked at the United Nations library to see what current thoughts are on scallop dredges and the evidence is, according to opinion, biased and not conclusive. But there again I would remind all of a post I made regarding beam trawling, which legislation was vetoed in UN by the UK at a time when the UK operated few if any beam trawlers in its fleet because BLiar wanted Spanish support on the Invasion of Iraq and Spain had no veto.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."