E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

You really have a bee in your bonnet about Farage receiving what are exactly the same pay and condition as any of the other 750 MEP's sitting in the European parliament.

I agree that this is an bloated useless institution with huge failings that pays it's participants far too much.

I agree that the British taxpayer should not be footing the bill for these lavish payments to Farage and his kind.

My solution would be to get rid of 749 more of these parasites more than your solution and failing that, I'll take getting rid of the 73 UK MEPs that our referendum of 30 June 2016 gave us the power to remove.

And you know what?

Nigel approves...

As for Farage's attendance at the European Parliament....

Attendance is a very crude metric.

Effectiveness is a much better indicator of value for money and Farage is without doubt the most effective person there.

He is almost certainly the most recognisable MEP, not only in the UK, but across the continent. and he has effected seismic change.

I'd say he's cheap.

I'd have to agree.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

All,

I'm not sure as I sit here typing if I can get this point across. This thread has become a narrow focus of two distinct political views. It seems fewer and fewer on AN care to participate.

The effects of UK culture remain significant even after accounting for differences in legal systems and economic institutions, indicating that national culture may serve as a comprehensive indicator of the regulatory stance with respect to good governance regardless if it is the "world order" of the EU or home rule. Why are current opinions so focused on "they"? Doesn't anyone else have a brother-in-law?

I continue to reiterate we can all read the news - does anyone British have an original opinion?

Phone

Edited by Phone
  • Like 1

Sportsman, on 09 Mar 2018 - 09:43, said:

I am talking about his effectiveness in representing the constituents who elected him.

An elected representative's job is to act in the interests of his electorate. To gain some advantage for them in terms of such things as inward investment. When has he done that? He has been too busy promoting his own interest, running his own political party, working at other jobs in broadcasting etc. What he has not been doing is acting as an MEP although that is what he has been paid quite handsomely to do.

Has he been effective in promoting himself and his beliefs? Of course, but that was not what he was elected or paid to do.

If he wants to do that then why does he need to be an MEP and get a salary and very lucrative allowances. Why not do it as a private individual, leading a political party, broadcasting his message to his heart's content?

All of the things you point to as being effective have nothing to do with his membership of the European Parliament.

As a European tax payer, I pay his wages and it pi**es me off that he can get away with it.

As for "EU mandarins cowering" really?

you name one that is as effective as farge, none of them has an answer to him they all appear to be amateurish in comparison.

Here's another you can slag off to your hearts content. My mep is hannon, he has ensured that he will be out of work once the u k leaves as well.

He was not afraid to tell those political apparatchiks, his words, the reality as opposed to their wet dreams of a political prison.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Phone, on 09 Mar 2018 - 15:36, said:

All,

I'm not sure as I sit here typing if I can get this point across. This thread has become a narrow focus of two distinct political views. It seems fewer and fewer on AN care to participate.

The effects of UK culture remain significant even after accounting for differences in legal systems and economic institutions, indicating that national culture may serve as a comprehensive indicator of the regulatory stance with respect to good governance regardless if it is the "world order" of the EU or home rule. Why are current opinions so focused on "they"? Doesn't anyone else have a brother-in-law?

I continue to reiterate we can all read the news - does anyone British have an original opinion?

Phone

Fear not phone once we have left the e u's political prison we'll concentrate on all the good things trump is going to do with his relationship with the u k's world wide u k traders inc :thumbs::thumbs: :thumbs:

ohh here we go phone, looks like trump is upsetting the e u political mandarins with his down to earth proposals favouring those who remain in his club. The e u ers don't like it done to them. hahaha

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/929437/Brexit-news-European-Union-Donald-Trump-steel-trade-war-UK-EU-latest

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I'd have to agree.

WHAT you doing a 180, have you seen the light.

big_cod, on 09 Mar 2018 - 09:22, said:

So ken he calls the EU a pig to a dog a huge waste of tax payers money said his job was done brexit victory BUT and its a very big BUT no it isnt quite finished yet he needs his milk is he going to take that 6 milion he so much criticises of tax payers money course he is no sorry no excuses he is a leach pretends to be not but he is sly 7 attempts at being an MP and failed every time whats that all about no something not quite right with our Nigel.

your opinion of the kinnok clan and would you say their wages, expenses and pension pots were value for money for the e u tax payers.

and same questions regarding tusk, what's his value to the tax payers?

WHAT you doing a 180, have you seen the light.

No. I only agree with the bit I highlighted in bold. He is cheap.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

corydoras, on 09 Mar 2018 - 20:22, said:

No. I only agree with the bit I highlighted in bold. He is cheap.

Ahhh you should have cut some text and make yourself clear with no ambiguity.

Back into your gloom and doom misery you go then.

What about tusk he appears to be a waste of tax payers hard earned doesn't he.

Edited by barry luxton

Being cheap seems to be a UKIP trait.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5483369/Millionaire-Ukip-councillors-handyman-buried-alive-pool-accident.html

What about tusk he appears to be a waste of tax payers hard earned doesn't he.

No doom and gloom here mate. Riggwelter and popcorn. Is Maggie, Maggie, May delivering the Brexit you voted for? Is this what a Red, White and Blue Brexit looks like?