barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

Still waiting....

oh dear ken you really are in denial just sit back take a deep breath and OPEN your eyes .

Fibber Nigel ?

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/seb-dance/nigel-farage-seb-dance_b_14591852.html

Plus he is a chicken .

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48265260

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

1. Executive Order 13769, titled Protecting the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry into the United States, often referred to as the Muslim ban or the travel ban, was an executive order by United States President Donald Trump.

In 2011 the Obama administration released a memo revealing a similar plan to vet social media accounts for visa applicants.

You can argue all day about the intent and scope of the respective proposals but saying that the comparison amounts to a lie is pushing it.

If the "2-3million Syrians in the Gulf countries" didn't apply for refugee status and don't appear on UNHCR statistics then they're not refugees are they?

2. I'm struggling to find the claimed "lie" here. I can see lots of whinge but no lie - except the one about immigrants contributing to our society and the health of our economy and public services.

Individually, You or I could find hundreds of examples to show that they do but collectively? I don't think so.

3. This is remarkably short on specifics. Which speech and where is the quote?

The European Commission and it's various presidents are not elected by the public and the sole power to propose, amend or repeal EU legislation lies with them.

Yes, MEPs are elected but they are powerless and to carry on with the comparison with the British establishment, MEPs and the European Parliament are like the Queen - a bit of window dressing to make the plebs coo, but utterly powerless and only there to sign off on legislation - or not.

4. Lets see a breakdown of the sort of laws being passed. I'll lay odds that the big stuff that affects you or I, or any business we may operate is done in Brussels and only the silly stuff like whether or not people can shoot pigeons or what sort of traps they can use for crayfish is done in Westminster.

5. Where are the numbers? This (like the rest of the article) is just crappy lazy "journalism" - or if you prefer, "churnalism". It's like listening to a petulant child saying that something just ain't so.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Is fake fake news no news or real news?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

4. Lets see a breakdown of the sort of laws being passed. I'll lay odds that the big stuff that affects you or I, or any business we may operate is done in Brussels and only the silly stuff like whether or not people can shoot pigeons or what sort of traps they can use for crayfish is done in Westminster.

Seb Dance is being rather economic with the truth, if you are going to call out someone as a liar it is far better to be factual, but behaviour people have come to expect from his type as evidenced in the media right now, exactly the behaviour that people have failed to learn from the campaign against Trump.

The commons library article actually says “between 1993 and 2014 Parliament passed 945 Acts of which 231 implemented EU obligations of some sort.

It also passed 33,160 Statutory Instruments, 4,283 of which implemented EU obligations. Add both of these together and divide by the total number of laws passed, and you get 13%.

But that's not really an accurate figure because most EU regulations don't require new UK laws. They can be implemented in the UK without new legislation, for example by simply changing administrative rules. So, the 13% figure doesn't take into account EU regulations that don't need additional UK legislation to be brought into force.

If you count all EU regulations, EU-related Acts of Parliament, and EU-related Statutory Instruments, about 62% of laws introduced between 1993 and 2014 that apply in the UK implemented EU obligations.”

To be truthful, as I said, more importantly because he is using the facts to call Farage a liar, he would have to use this range.

That being said, as EU directives etc apply across the EU, but a number, such as those dealing with Olive Oil production for instance have no relevance to the U.K. to quote 62% would also be incorrect.

But, at this moment in time it would appear to me that some will carry on reliant on old crap because if it gets repeated enough some will believe it to be true, it must be true if it’s gone viral on social media.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Now if Nigel Farage said the moon was made of cheese how many of his worshippers would believe it 10%,20% 50% !!! Ah got the figure 100% !!!!

So Teresa May looks set to get the boot just the same as poor old Margeret thatcher did when your a liability its off you go and the hard brexit mob in Tory party want to change the rules to get her out but hang on have another vote now thats good one rule for one rule for one but not the other who ever takes over as Tory leader will be sat in exactly the same boat simply because the Torys labour they are all split with Brexit if there was secret ballot in parliament to vote on Brexit it would overwhelmingly be in favour of staying in the Eu not leaving so its going to be same **** different day.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Did you read that in a headline in a newspaper?

Its amazing how you can predict what people will do

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Did you read that in a headline in a newspaper?

Its amazing how you can predict what people will do

Gypsy Rose Cod?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Same **** different day dont you love brexshit .

Whats the song Goodbye blackberry May !!!

Boris Johnson for PM. ? he wants the job !!

https://news.sky.com/story/political-reality-catches-up-with-may-but-will-victory-last-for-new-leader-11721884

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Yes our own version of a trump lookalike lol

The Tories have committed suicide by May. They're done for at least two elections and I seriously doubt that they'll ever recover.

As for Cod's "if there was secret ballot in parliament to vote on Brexit it would overwhelmingly be in favour of staying in the Eu", well maybe, but it would have to be a very secret ballot because the British electorate are out for blood and anyone voting against or even frustrating leaving the EU is going to loose their seat come the next election.
Johnson and Rees-Mogg are already facing huge backlash for voting in favour of May's treasonous "deal".
The next general election is going to be a bloodbath.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.