E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

The fares are high because commuters pay them ,i expect if the fares in spain rose blood would be spilt.

Choice has its consequences if you choose to take a train you choose to pay the fares they demand

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

If people cared remotely for the environment, people would travel by train and pay the fares. Your average Brit unfortunately doesn't give a hoot however.

If ever there were an intertwined subject it is coal and railways!

But as usual those who fail to study history are destined to suffer the same fate. I pointed out before that, whilst EU rules do not prevent the Nationalisation of railways, the EU HAS to give permission for it to be done, they might give it but it WILL be within the rules which will (I was going to say; allow all of the railway operators to compete with the National Railway, but in actual fact) prevent the National Railway from operating a monopoly, considering that the current operators own ALL THE STOCK AND THE NEW NATIONAL RAILWAY HAS NONE, who has the advantage?

Now that is current, go back in time to the last occasion it was taken in to public ownership, railways were bad, there were multiple companies all running different timetables even with their watches and clocks set on different times ffs! Not only that but of course those damn capitalists were making money.

Along came Labour with the solution, public ownership. When they got their hands on it they realise it’s not making a fortune, there is a need for investment into diesel electric and away from steam which was incredibly more costly to run. Wait a minute, a Labour Govt. cannot possibly authorise reducing the domination of coal and along came Beecham, there you go, we became decades behind Countries such as Spain, France, Sweden et al who had no coal and remains the reason why our railways are so far behind other European Nations.

But some are so stupid or single minded that they argue for things without understanding you cannot support ‘remain’ AND public ownership of ANYTHING.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

If ever there were an intertwined subject it is coal and railways!

But as usual those who fail to study history are destined to suffer the same fate. I pointed out before that, whilst EU rules do not prevent the Nationalisation of railways, the EU HAS to give permission for it to be done, they might give it but it WILL be within the rules which will (I was going to say; allow all of the railway operators to compete with the National Railway, but in actual fact) prevent the National Railway from operating

a monopoly, considering that the current operators own ALL THE STOCK AND THE NEW NATIONAL RAILWAY HAS NONE, who has the advantage?

Now that is current, go back in time to the last occasion it was taken in to public ownership, railways were bad, there were multiple companies all running different timetables even with their watches and clocks set on different times ffs! Not only that but of course those damn capitalists were making money.

Along came Labour with the solution, public ownership. When they got their hands on it they realise its not making a fortune, there is a need for investment into diesel electric and away from steam which was incredibly more costly to run. Wait a minute, a Labour Govt. cannot possibly authorise reducing the domination of coal and along came Beecham, there you go, we became decades behind Countries such as Spain, France, Sweden et al who had no coal and remains the reason why our railways are so far behind other European Nations.

But some are so stupid or single minded that they argue for things without understanding you cannot support remain AND public ownership of ANYTHING.

When National Express handed back the keys to the East Coast line franchise in 2009, it was renationalised under an arms-length government body called Directly Operated Railways. Nevertheless, during the following five years under state control, it increased ticket sales, returned about £1bn to the taxpayer and delivered record levels of customer satisfaction.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Regulation (EU) 2016/796 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 May 2016 on the European Union Agency for Railways and repealing Regulation (EC) No 881/2004

Directive (EU) 2016/797 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 May 2016 on the interoperability of the rail system within the European Union.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Regulation (EU) 2016/796 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 May 2016 on the European Union Agency for Railways and repealing Regulation (EC) No 881/2004

Directive (EU) 2016/797 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 May 2016 on the interoperability of the rail system within the European Union.

EU rules do not prevent you from having public railway company .

In a yougov poll over 60% of voters wanted to renationalise the rail network where as only 25 % against isnt that the will of the people now where I have heard that before .

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-railways-eu-rules-nationalise-single-market-restrictions-labour-a8968691.html

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

I've been right here reading your posts Paul, and have heard very little of your thoughts on Brexit. What I have read, is mainly a collection of quotes/opinions from various sources. Very few of them are factual news articles, and those that could be loosely classed as such, come with such overwhelming bias it's hard to take them seriously. The rest mostly contain the random thoughts of people who you feel agree with you, be it politician, industrialist, pop singer, or ex-footballer. Your posts are mostly made up of sensationalist sound bites, and sweeping generalisations, predicting doom and gloom. You've been predicting the imminent fall of the PM since she took the office a couple of years ago, even you are bound to get it right eventually. You present opinions as fact, rarely fully read the links you post, (which often read opposite to the headline), and constantly repeat the same things. I think I've said before that if you keep saying the same thing often enough, it doesn't necessarily make it a fact anywhere but in your own mind.

John.

I've been right here reading your posts Paul, and have heard very little of your thoughts on Brexit. What I have read, is mainly a collection of quotes/opinions from various sources. Very few of them are factual news articles, and those that could be loosely classed as such, come with such overwhelming bias it's hard to take them seriously. The rest mostly contain the random thoughts of people who you feel agree with you, be it politician, industrialist, pop singer, or ex-footballer. Your posts are mostly made up of sensationalist sound bites, and sweeping generalisations, predicting doom and gloom. You've been predicting the imminent fall of the PM since she took the office a couple of years ago, even you are bound to get it right eventually. You present opinions as fact, rarely fully read the links you post, (which often read opposite to the headline), and constantly repeat the same things. I think I've said before that if you keep saying the same thing often enough, it doesn't necessarily make it a fact anywhere but in your own mind.

John.

Is that really the best you can do its a bit like brexit full of unknowns and full uncertainties if you want some facts I will give you one look no further the pound has been on its arse for 3 years since the Brexit vote costing this country billions and billions building materials engine parts you name all going through the roof Brexit 100% to blame you can dream as much as like with Brexit thats the bottom line fact not fantasy. Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg