E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

Is that really the best you can do its a bit like brexit full of unknowns and full uncertainties if you want some facts I will give you one look no further the pound has been on its arse for 3 years since the Brexit vote costing this country billions and billions building materials engine parts you name all going through the roof Brexit 100% to blame you can dream as much as like with Brexit thats the bottom line fact not fantasy.

Can you give us some examples of imported building materials that have gone through the roof?

The biggest building material category for imports is electrical wires and they mostly come from China and they will therefore become cheaper when we leave the EU and they are no longer subject to tariffs.

Lamps and fittings are the second largest category imported - can you guess where they come from?

The UK is also a major exporter of cars and engines and a weak pound is actually good for that export business.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Can you give us some examples of imported building materials that have gone through the roof?

The biggest building material category for imports is electrical wires and they mostly come from China and they will therefore become cheaper when we leave the EU and they are no longer subject to tariffs.

Lamps and fittings are the second largest category imported - can you guess where they come from?

The UK is also a major exporter of cars and engines and a weak pound is actually good for that export business.

Building materials are just a small part of the jigsaw being to the pumps lately everything is rocketing .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47212992

https://www.insider.co.uk/news/brexit-rising-costs-blamed-building-13950840

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Building materials are just a small part of the jigsaw being to the pumps lately everything is rocketing .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47212992

https://www.insider.co.uk/news/brexit-rising-costs-blamed-building-13950840

Then why did you specifically highlight "building materials" and "engine parts"?

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

EDIT

Ooops sorry, I forgot it's a waste of time. Just getting over my last headache.

John

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Then why did you specifically highlight "building materials" and "engine parts"?

Building materials We import around £15 billion Worthing of building materials ask any builder if his costs have risen .My brother has a building company employing around 30 lads his building costs have risen dramatically as they say in building trade they are going through the roof and all to be passed on to the consumer .

Engine parts up 20-30% since the Brexit vote .

https://c-r-l.com/content-hub/article/brick-shortage/

No deal Brexit ? good for Britain now our farmers !!! And the big 3 supermarkets only this week have broke silence on Brexit they have said nothing until now .

Cheap food we have now but for how long !!!

11758347"]https://news.sky.com/story/catastrophic-no-deal-could-see-imports-of-food-illegal-to-produce-in-uk-11758347[/url][/url]

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Ask anyone in any industry at any point in history "if his costs have risen" and can you guess what they'll tell you?

Any excuse to raise prices

On the other hand time to open up those thousands of clay quarries to make local bricks again ,good for local business or does cod just want foreign companies to prosper?

The local bricks are extinct now (long before brexit was concieved) if planners insist like for like then the brick prices rise for second hand bricks common supply and demand as usual nothing to do with brexit ,if building is increasing throughout the country like it is here then brick supply will suffer and its nothing to do with brexit again its suplly and demand but using brexit to raise prices!

Do you ever get off your boat cod reality is far distant to the gumf you read in the press!

Your very anti british ,you love your foreign companies full of their foreign labour ,if car parts become expensive surely you would want british companies to start making them like they were before we entered the EU ? Keep the unions out and we may get them on time and cheap enough to compete!

Brexit hasnt happened but its still an excuse ,the high £ is an incentive not to import and its great for exports if anything else the brexit excuse is an invite to start producing our own goods or finding cheaper sources if the EU get bolshy ,i was using indian pattern parts for decades ,if you add in their shorter lifespans the cost is still half 'real' parts are ,if we insisted parts were at least the standard of 'real' ones the cost would still be cheaper including the high £! Or just make our own steel is almost given away today!

If foreign car companies insist on their own parts hopefully they go out of business ,the second hand market will flourish ,the pattern parts business will flourish ,the local garage will flourish and its not like we need more cars on the road is it? Once we ban internal combustion engines most of your problem will go the sudden surge in the price of lithium will ensure only the rich can afford a car anyway! Not brexit supply and demand!

As for cheap food have a look in your larder your food comes from all over the world not just the EU! we import it mostly because its easier and quicker not because its cheaper!if spain wants to sell us stuff after brexit they will theyre not stupid enough to punish their own profits ,they will merely reduce the price to counter and duties imposed by either side

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters, I have to strongly disagree with your last post in its entirety.

You are wrong in everything you say and to prove my point I want you to read https://blogs.mcall.com/master_gardeners/2019/07/whats-making-holes-in-my-cabbage-plants.html

• Like 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Your evidence is irrefutable ?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Any excuse to raise prices

On the other hand time to open up those thousands of clay quarries to make local bricks again ,good for local business or does cod just want foreign companies to prosper?

The local bricks are extinct now (long before brexit was concieved) if planners insist like for like then the brick prices rise for second hand bricks common supply and demand as usual nothing to do with brexit ,if building is increasing throughout the country like it is here then brick supply will suffer and its nothing to do with brexit again its suplly and demand but using brexit to raise prices!

Do you ever get off your boat cod reality is far distant to the gumf you read in the press!

Your very anti british ,you love your foreign companies full of their foreign labour ,if car parts become expensive surely you would want british companies to start making them like they were before we entered the EU ? Keep the unions out and we may get them on time and cheap enough to compete!

Brexit hasnt happened but its still an excuse ,the high £ is an incentive not to import and its great for exports if anything else the brexit excuse is an invite to start producing our own goods or finding cheaper sources if the EU get bolshy ,i was using indian pattern parts for decades ,if you add in their shorter lifespans the cost is still half 'real' parts are ,if we insisted parts were at least the standard of 'real' ones the cost would still be cheaper including the high £! Or just make our own steel is almost given away today!

If foreign car companies insist on their own parts hopefully they go out of business ,the second hand market will flourish ,the pattern parts business will flourish ,the local garage will flourish and its not like we need more cars on the road is it? Once we ban internal combustion engines most of your problem will go the sudden surge in the price of lithium will ensure only the rich can afford a car anyway! Not brexit supply and demand!

As for cheap food have a look in your larder your food comes from all over the world not just the EU! we import it mostly because its easier and quicker not because its cheaper!if spain wants to sell us stuff after brexit they will theyre not stupid enough to punish their own profits ,they will merely reduce the price to counter and duties imposed by either side

So all your cheap goods from China you buy so lets lets make them here then they are arent cheap anymore brilliant idea you will go with that Chesters surely but the Brexit reality is !!!

Good old brexshit ? and if you havent got an allotment Chesters your going to need one very soon you spout about buying British then to get it from abroad is that called a been hypocrite you say one thing then do the other and I am anti British ? ****s what the old saying when it suits like most brexit voters say one thing then do exactly the opposite.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-employers-idUKKCN1U20UG

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg