E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

A few of my own thoughts on the subject...

Andrew, with me, and many of those I've spoken to, it basically comes down to trust. Trust in a system that's changed significantly since it's first announced goals, stated goals that have since been shown as understated, or misleading at best. I have to assume that it's aim is to keep on changing until it eventually becomes a vast Federal State, with a central Government, with each 'member state' eventually losing it's autonomy. I've never believed that so many different countries containing such different social/economic, beliefs, can coexist long term. This is made even more difficult as the numbers grow, and the area expands, and it's obvious that the EU powers that be, want it to continue growing. When it was just a dozen or so countries, I think that maybe it might have worked, but not on the scale that they seem to want.

There's a site I've read a few times, especially when the Lisbon Treaty was being shouted about in the media.

https://unitynewsnetwork.co.uk/bombshell-report-what-does-the-lisbon-treaty-really-mean/

It's a fairly long piece, but it does lay out the terms of the Treaty pretty well. After it debunks the mistruths, and misunderstanding that were all over the net a while ago, the author then states some of the same things I read into the Treaty when I first heard about it. Whether it's a case of me finding confirmation bias in his words I don't know, but what I do know is that I came to the same conclusion, long, long before I first read this article.

As to wanting leavers to provide valid reasons to leave, I have asked on here, and elsewhere, many times, for remainers to provide reassurances for the UKs future within the EU, I've had very little response. It's the same as when we were voting in the referendum, all we got were prophecies of doom and bust, few if any positive predictions.

We all know the result of the referendum, and the promised assurances that the Government would honour the result, backed by Parliament when they agreed to ratify Article 50. Then 'interested parties' do their best to scupper any chance of a fair deal, by any means possible, even ruling out the threat off a no deal, (which Tusk and co have admitted that they were/still are scared of). Those who have stooped to ignore promises, back stab, and advise against there own country, they are the ones who have cost this country billions, it's the uncertainty of outcome, rather than the possible outcome itself that has caused all the problems.

Just my take on it

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Give me shout John I might be at sea Saturday but my ram On the steering sprung a leak yesterday so off today for repair hopefully back on tomorrow.

You do know its goth weekend the town will be swarming with them some pretty sights I must say and some very strange ones as well all in all they do spend a lot of money here in the pubs ,restaurants,b+bs etc Some fresh cod fillets John if you fancy some I will be into the middle earth tavern on the east side of town for a quick beer at 4.30 pm when get in from sea Saturday .

Ps we never talk politics in the pub

I know it's the Goth weekend Paul, my wife and one of her mates usually go over on the Saturday, but somethings cropped up. I've been seconded to drive them over on the Sunday, not my cup of tea, but it's a day out.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I know it's the Goth weekend Paul, my wife and one of her mates usually go over on the Saturday, but somethings cropped up. I've been seconded to drive them over on the Sunday, not my cup of tea, but it's a day out.

John.

Weather wise John a much better day heaps of rain forecast Saturday cool Sunday but sunny day ?

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Boris well its looking he will be in the ditch after all another one of his many lies that has come back to haunt him .

Brexit bombshell NHS highest bidder .

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/selling-nhs-profit-full-list-4646154

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Nice to see an up to date report! whoops its not!

Not sure why your posting it though? it must be lies or biased you said so on many occasions

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Nice to see an up to date report! whoops its not!

Not sure why your posting it though? it must be lies or biased you said so on many occasions

No lies there Chesters all true whether its 10 years ago or 2 days ago its all true .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

It cannot be true you said the press were liars ,bias ,gutter press and fit for toilet paper on many many occasions

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Sorry how do i know your not lying ,according to you the "public" lie ,can you provide absolute proof your not lying now?