E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

As John said, cannot read it! From your subsequent post I understand you refer to freedom of movement, you reinforce your opinion by pointing out that immigration will continue. I don’t know what tree or shadow you are barking at but, as usual for some of particular views you are misguided and insulting to suggest that others object to immigration period.

I have stated on here before and for your benefit will repeat myself, I have no objection what so ever to required, controlled immigration. I do not object to people moving to this Country to fill a requirement provided that requirement of skills cannot be met by reasonable foreseeable training and vocational skill attainment by young persons already resident.

I certainly do object, unreservedly and without apology to persons moving here to become part time scrap dealers or part time workers in a hand car wash, being then able to claim working tax credit or benefits for children NOT resident and then NOT spending that money to the benefit of the local economy. That is a recipe for financial doom.

If you still wish to broaden your argument further in the subject of workers rights then post away, personally I think you will find EU workers rights lurking in the shadows of our own.

• Like 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Now before the EU referendum would all those workers in industry etc who voted brexit had been given this information prior to casting the vote on brexit would they still have voted the same way I dont believe they would then again a man with a wooden head .

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-50194676

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

If there was anything substantive to the story, the Labour Party and the Biased Broadcasting Corporation would be telling us exactly which "rights" are at risk rather than screeching and blustering.

Meanwhile, it the real world, the biggest concerns of most British workers revolve around having their wages driven down by cheap foreign labour, having their housing costs driven up due to uncontrolled immigration, increasing crime linked to uncontrolled immigration and struggling to get their kids into a decent school where all the resources aren't taken up by teaching English as an additional language - All of which will be addressed by leaving the EU and implementing proper immigration control.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

If there was anything substantive to the story, the Labour Party and the Biased Broadcasting Corporation would be telling us exactly which "rights" are at risk rather than screeching and blustering.

Meanwhile, it the real world, the biggest concerns of most British workers revolve around having their wages driven down by cheap foreign labour, having their housing costs driven up due to uncontrolled immigration, increasing crime linked to uncontrolled immigration and struggling to get their kids into a decent school where all the resources aren't taken up by teaching English as an additional language - All of which will be addressed by leaving the EU and implementing proper immigration control.

Less immigration when we leave the EU ? So why has EU migration dropped significantly and non EU migration rocketed who will take the place of EU workers NON EU workers and you better get used to it . Edited by big_cod
  • Like 1

Untitled-1.jpg

Your basic underlying assumption is wrong. We don't need foreign workers.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Your basic underlying assumption is wrong. We don't need foreign workers.

We dont need foreign workers ? and brexit will solve this ? right just take parkol marine in Whitby there order books are full for years but they cannot get local platers welders etc so they employ skilled EU labour and by employing these skilled EU workers it allows the company to employ another 20 or more unskilled LOCAL workers so by your reckoning not only would the company lose orders because they couldnt full fill there obligation to complete there work they would have to SACK the 20 or more unskilled LOCAL labour so by your reckoning unemployment would almost certainly go up dramatically .

And who is going to pick all the fruit in the farmers fields especially as the Brexiteers Say we can grown all our own any volunteers off here brexit will see our economy flatten I cannot wait for the **** to hit the fan and those who scream brexit get there P45s this has already happened in automobile industry i bet they are spitting feathers now brexit will very quickly turn into brexshit and Farage will be long gone with his blood money off the organisation he hates so much if he was a man with his principles he dhould refuse the cash like hell he would.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Bringing in foreign workers to service and build homes for 400,000 largely non-productive immigrants per year is not a sustainable economic model because at some point, we run out of land, water and handouts.

Being reliant of foreign workers instead of training our own young people is also a poor economic model because it gives our competitors a lever on our economy.
And if our welfare provision is so generous that British people aren't motivated to get off their fat lazy arses to pick fruit when it is in season, then I suggest that we cut it until they develop a little more motivation.

Bringing in foreign workers to service and build homes for 400,000 largely non-productive immigrants per year is not a sustainable economic model because at some point, we run out of land, water and handouts.

Being reliant of foreign workers instead of training our own young people is also a poor economic model because it gives our competitors a lever on our economy.

And if our welfare provision is so generous that British people aren't motivated to get off their fat lazy arses to pick fruit when it is in season, then I suggest that we cut it until they develop a little more motivation.

Have you ever thought the capitalist system means you exploit others for profit so you want people to work for nothing in the fields and you still think brexut will solve it all fantasy pure fantasy it will get worse for workers not better the leaked report exposes that and its in writing from the same Tory party who instigated brexit . Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Ken,

I disagree, you do "need" immigrants. We can argue the word "need" later.

15 July 2019 - This briefing provides data on migrants’ labour market integration and the jobs they do in the UK labour market. It also presents data on migrants’ employment and unemployment rates, occupational status, earnings and contract types.

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/migrants-in-the-uk-labour-market-an-overview/

Phone

Posting url's makes me feel like Big Cod

Some dodgy looking figures in there. I've no doubt they are accurate but as we've said before, statistics can be manipulated say anything you like and comparing working age migrants to a randomised sample of native Brits that includes non-working pensioners has certainly happened in the past.

It's also wrong to assume tat just because migrants are working that they are making a net contribution to the economy when migrants are frequently claiming in-work benefits, tax credits and public housing.

Working-age benefits to all migrants in 2015/16 cost an estimated £13.6 billion. EU migrants cost £4.7 billion (or £13 million per day) and the bill for non-EU migrants was £8.9 billion.