Ebay Query.

Norrie

Hiya, I closed my Ebay acc about three years ago, but have now opened another...

Can anyone tell me why and when they started the 10 items or £650 a month ( whichever comes first) rule??? Not that I'm going to be doing that amount, but just being nosy...:)

Thanks guys...:)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

From memory the limits started 5-6 years ago or more for newish accounts. It stopped the thieves who would open an account, list thousands of things they didn't have at what seemed like really great prices, sell a bunch, get paid, and vanish before the non-receipt complaints started.

If you list £500 rods for £75 or £1000 cameras for £120 there are always plenty of suckers who will buy them even from a seller with no sales feedback.

• Like 1
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

From memory the limits started 5-6 years ago or more for newish accounts. It stopped the thieves who would open an account, list thousands of things they didn't have at what seemed like really great prices, sell a bunch, get paid, and vanish before the non-receipt complaints started.

If you list £500 rods for £75 or £1000 cameras for £120 there are always plenty of suckers who will buy them even from a seller with no sales feedback.

Nooooo so my nigerian 58 carat diamond i got for £35 was not real? Damn those gem hunters giving me bad habits
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Thanks guys, much appreciated...I opened it to gather the spends for my Portugese holiday this year...and just wondered about it..

BTW, Chesters, Guess what ?, just bought an Intrepid Seastreak!!!! It's started again mate....:)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Thanks guys, much appreciated...I opened it to gather the spends for my Portugese holiday this year...and just wondered about it..

BTW, Chesters, Guess what ?, just bought an Intrepid Seastreak!!!! It's started again mate....:)

Silly person ,hopefully its the carbon version

• Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Norrie

I think you might know a cousin of mine.

• Like 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Chesters, Dont think so, not unless the carbon is red.... :)

Corydoras...Who's that?? :)

Lady called Jane. Used to pull pints in The Clachan in Fintry

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote