WHO WAS IT?

bluerinse

I have a Wigan AA card and they also insist on no tins by the bank. I agree with the rule however find it sometimes annoying.

If I have any rubbish then I put it in a bag and take it home with me, this includes line,tins,sandwich wrappers etc. It is not my fault that other people choose to leave their rubbish.

The main reason I disagree with having no tins is that I always carry extra tins of sweetcorn and meat in my box. If I choose to open a tin then I will take the contents home as well as the tin. I dont like the idea of opening a full tin of corn/meat on the off chance that I may use it as often it isnt needed and so the contents are wasted (sometimes frozen)

The main reason I disagree with having no tins is that I always carry extra tins of sweetcorn and meat in my box. If I choose to open a tin then I will take the contents home as well as the tin. I dont like the idea of opening a full tin of corn/meat on the off chance that I may use it as often it isnt needed and so the contents are wasted (sometimes frozen)

Very much the same as me.

It's handy to keep a tin of sweetcorn and luncheon meat in my bait bag as a standby, giving me the option of changing to that if I think that conditions will favour those baits (or I'm getting desperate and looking to try something different).

Mostly those tins stay unopened in the bag for trip after trip.

However, I'm fortunate that my club has a rule that my membership number must be put on any tins using an indelible marker, and the number has to tally with my membership card. Should I be found in possession of a tin without my number on, I'm out of the club.

(Similarly I'm in trouble if a tin with my membership no is found in the bushes!)

I'm also obliged to clear my swim of any rubbish before I start fishing, as any rubbish in my swim when the bailiff arrives will be considered to be mine and lead to eviction and a ban.

So, I'm in the habit of clearing my swim whether fishing club waters or not.

(The only exception being when I'm lure-fishing, wandering miles of bank in a session. I'm not clearing every swim I visit and carting bags of rubbish with me for miles. I tend to gather a few bags from the car park, or the last few swims, once my gear is packed away, before going home)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Mostly those tins stay unopened in the bag for trip after trip.

Eggsackerly!!! I recently came across a tin of corn in the bottom of one of my bags with a best before date of May 2003 on it!!! :o

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

However, I'm fortunate that my club has a rule that my membership number must be put on any tins using an indelible marker, and the number has to tally with my membership card. Should I be found in possession of a tin without my number on, I'm out of the club.

(Similarly I'm in trouble if a tin with my membership no is found in the bushes!)

What an excellent idea!

I'm putting that forward to my own clubs in time for their AGMs

The only refinement I would add is membership number on BOTH the side of the tin and on the lid. (I think the litter louts use the lid as a sort of miniature frisby after they've removed it.)

The only snag I forsee is that the likes of Chris Plumb, who likes to carry vintage sweet corn (see above :lol::lol: ) might find the number eventually rubs off in the rough and tumble of a river fisher's tacklebag.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...