Rugby

Elton

Any mention of rugby is now forbidden... :2:

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Any mention of rugby is now forbidden... :2:

What, even the fact that I've just watched two of the worst matches in six nations history ? Wish I'd gone fishing now

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

The Scots played basic no frills rugby and England didn't have a spark of imagination, nor the strength to combat it.

If the game was played like that every week, it would empty the stadiums.

Best of luck to the Scots, the best team won. :thumbs:

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

I watched both matches and afraid to say enjoyed watching Barnsley beat Chelsea much better.... and I would much rather watch Rugby :rolleyes:

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

I watched both matches and afraid to say enjoyed watching Barnsley beat Chelsea much better.... and I would much rather watch Rugby :rolleyes:

Can we add cricket to the 'not to be mentioned again' topics please . :rtfm:

For someone like me who loves his sport , this may be one of my worst weekends ever , sportswise :cry::cry::cry::giveup:

Edited by nomadpaul

Must agree with Nurse Judy - its rarely that a football match outshines a six-nations fixture, but it did yesterday.

There was an incident in the Ireland v Wales match that I thought strange.

An Irish player was about 20 yards out and going for the line. He had a tackler in front of him, but a supporting player was coming up fast to his right. A Welsh player then "took out" the supporting player (illegally), and with no support the ball-carrier had to take the tackle.

If he had had support to pass to, an Irish try looked certain.

The ref blew up, showed the Welshman a yellow card, and awarded a penalty (converted by O'Gara)

Surely, if the offence was bad enough to get a yellow card, and given it was in a potential try-scoring situation, a penalty try should have been awarded.

If Ireland had got seven points instead of three at that stage, the match might well have ended differently.

Anyone got any comment as to the reason for that decision?

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Can we add cricket to the 'not to be mentioned again' topics please . :rtfm:

For someone like me who loves his sport , this may be one of my worst weekends ever , sportswise :cry::cry::cry::giveup:

As a Spurs fan Paul I won't say a word, I think we should just do this :drunk: instead.

Ian

Must agree with Nurse Judy - its rarely that a football match outshines a six-nations fixture, but it did yesterday.

There was an incident in the Ireland v Wales match that I thought strange.

An Irish player was about 20 yards out and going for the line. He had a tackler in front of him, but a supporting player was coming up fast to his right. A Welsh player then "took out" the supporting player (illegally), and with no support the ball-carrier had to take the tackle.

If he had had support to pass to, an Irish try looked certain.

The ref blew up, showed the Welshman a yellow card, and awarded a penalty (converted by O'Gara)

Surely, if the offence was bad enough to get a yellow card, and given it was in a potential try-scoring situation, a penalty try should have been awarded.

If Ireland had got seven points instead of three at that stage, the match might well have ended differently.

Anyone got any comment as to the reason for that decision?

Vagabond, I ref at a junior level so I can give you my opion as to why he didn't give it. The supporting player was taken out by another welsh guy so it was an even situation, ie 2 on 2. In the referee's opinion there was no certainty that Ireland would have scored in that situation, if it was 2 on 1 and he took him out then it probably would have been a penalty try. It's just another one of those grey areas where it is up to the official to make a call, don't forget he has two touch judges who are themselves both international refs and they obviously agreed with him.

Ian