The case of the disappearing cursor

Clifftop

Install two optical mice - then if one pointer disappears, there's always the other one to fall back on :D

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant remember if anyone has said this one or not but try reinstalling mouse drivers through the device manager

right click on my computer select properties then select hardware you will see device manager on a button

look for human input devices or "mice and other pointing devices"

Andy, tried your advice got the following message

device driver is up to date

Cheers Fred

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

is the roll back button enabled on the properties for the mouse in the device manager ? try that

Hi Andy, the roll back button isn't highlighted so i assume it only does that after updating the driver.i again checked for updates to the driver but i have the latest driver.

Cheers Fred

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/