Which 4x4

seph

I think a lot of that will depend on

- primary purpose of the vehicle

- how many folks you will need to carry

- how much gear you will need to carry

- how horrible the places you intend going will be

For $6K you can certainly get a great ATV that will go just about anywhere. However, it won't go very fast, won't carry many people, and may not even be highway legal.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Fiat Panda 4X4 cheep and reliable or Suzi 413

Mitsubishi pajero diesel import will have more details tomorrow

up here in Scotland if your willing to travel

i will pm you once i speak to the owner he's due to retire shortly so he is down sizing

Edited by pumphypete

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

A Mitsubishi Pajero or an Isuzu Trooper import wouldn't be a bad bet, Seph. Plenty of them about and they're decent enough vehicles. Should be able to pick up a reasonable one for £3k.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Pajero sounds like it could be the thing then. I don't have to tow anything, so I don't need 3.5 v8. I was thinking 2.5 tops but would rather something around the 2.0 litre mark and must be diesel.

Paul

Some people I know used to import the Pajero's and Troopers. I had a Trooper off them and used to love it. Bloody great tank, it was :D

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

There are plenty of good, high-spec Toyota Surf's around too. Good off-road with the right tyres.

Paul

If you want to do anything serious in the dirt, only Solihull's finest will do.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

If you want to do anything serious in the dirt, only Solihull's finest will do.

Are you having a laugh? Mate of mine used to lease some land to an off-road club. He was forever pulling them out with Jap 4x4's when they got stuck :)

Are you having a laugh? Mate of mine used to lease some land to an off-road club. He was forever pulling them out with Jap 4x4's when they got stuck :)
If you get stuck off road you either don't know how to drive off road, or you didn't get out and have a good look at what you were getting into before you got into it. The last time I went for hack in the mud (at Longleat) there were Mitsibushi and Suzuki running boards flapping about all over the place.

I used to have a buggy a wee bit like this one. I don't think any Jap 4x4s can quite match that for articulation. Mind you a buggy like that will cost a tad more than £3,000 ;)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote