Asus eeePC 4gb

Tony U

More of a what do you think rather than a technical query but I have just ordered one of these from Ebuyer yesterday as I want an ultra portable lap top for my travels and I have been disapouinted with the PDA's I have owned in the past.

Has any body got one and waht are the pros and cons of the machine also what flash/SD memory should I get?

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

I have one and it's great !!!!!

I tend to just use a USB stick for moving files about on - or even loading some music on.

It's great for borrowing WiFi networks and searching for free or connect to your own wireless network.

It's much smaller than a normal laptop and far cheaper, plus running linux you don't have all the virus issues of windows. Plus it comes with it's own inbuilt antivirus.

All in I can't fault it - just wish I found out about it sooner.

Rob.

Rob

Have you added any other programmes to it, I was thinking of putting GIMP on but am unsure as how to do this in Linux?

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Rob

Have you added any other programmes to it, I was thinking of putting GIMP on but am unsure as how to do this in Linux?

Tony

Tony,

No is the simple answer. It does all I need of it stright out of the box. A mate bought one for his wife and loaded XP on it, but I'm happy with Linux.

Rob.

The eeePC arrived Friday and Rob is right it runs great straight out of the box and I am not going to bother installing XP or any thing like that Linux looks fine, it even comes with a basic photo editing suite which is more than adequate for what I want. If I want to do any serious editing it will be on my desk top using Photoshop Eklements.

I can highly recommend the eeePC ideal for all globetrotters and the travelling angler and not much bigger tan a decent paper notebook

Tony

Tony

The eeePC arrived Friday and Rob is right it runs great straight out of the box and I am not going to bother installing XP or any thing like that Linux looks fine, it even comes with a basic photo editing suite which is more than adequate for what I want. If I want to do any serious editing it will be on my desk top using Photoshop Eklements.

I can highly recommend the eeePC ideal for all globetrotters and the travelling angler and not much bigger tan a decent paper notebook

Tony

Tony,

Have a good look around all the other stuff included. In the education / learning section, there's a damn good planetarium program - if you like that sort of thing.

Rob.