how has your season started?

phil dean

you're all ahead of me, still nothing to crow about, but the season is looking up, it's gorgeous outside and that should bring on a decent rise this evening, time to make the most of the clock change.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't started yet, but I'm chewing my arm off in anticipation :)

I'm mainly a coarse fisherman, but (apart from a session or two after gravel pit tench) springtime means trout to me, wandering the little streams with a suitably little rod casting dries for beautiful little brownies. Heaven!

All I need is some slightly warmer weather and I'll be out after work at any opportunity. I'll let you know how I get on... last year was a huge disappointment because of the floods and generally bad conditions, so I'm hopeful of better luck this year.

Plus I've got a 'new' (bought last year but only used once so far) 6' 6" #2 rod to enjoy B)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• 5 weeks later...
I've got some great Meon Spring pictures.......but i'm not gonna bother now

after the last ignore :P

Pictures please! Sorry, I didn't see your other post.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Have managed to get out on 3x occasions and had fish on all of them thus far after the coldest April I can remember suddenly we have summer low water conditions!!

The only downside has been breaking the tip section of my Orvis frequent flyer rod and trying to deal with Orvis customer services is not a good experience I can see the remainder of this rod hitting the bin the way things are going!!!!!!!!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

The only downside has been breaking the tip section of my Orvis frequent flyer rod and trying to deal with Orvis customer services is not a good experience I can see the remainder of this rod hitting the bin the way things are going!!!!!!!!!

That's interesting - Orvis are invariably cited as an example of how to do good customer service...

And back on topic… I really haven't been out that many times just yet and when I have I've been pretty much only catching grayling, which I hardly got a sniff of when they were in season! I'm definitely going to be fitting in a session at the end of the week though, so fingers crossed it all falls into place then.

Had a blank on Sunday morning, prior to that had had a couple of good sessions, all wild fish, largest only 6oz but being getting 7 or 8 fish per two hour trip. The river was so low this weekend though that I was spooking everything before I got to the water. In the end was casting from a good few yards back and kept snagging in vegetation around me.....ah well, that's fishing.a bit of rain would be nice.sorry, to add, bad news about the rod alan, keep us infomred of how that goes as I was thinking of buying a premium brand in the near future.tight linesphil

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Phil are you planning on coming over this way this year give me a bell

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Season has started fairly well for myself, I have not been out a great deal but managed three salmon in mid April during a week up on the river Spey plus one lost at the net.

This time next week I will be back up on Speyside after the salmon, plus a visit to the Aberdeenshire Dee is also lined up during the week so fingers crossed.

2s7dir8.jpg

331kfg5.jpg

Pictures please! Sorry, I didn't see your other post.

Oh alright then....

Bro in law's first on a fly...

Meonsprings012.jpg

Very nice place....

Meonsprings015.jpg

Nice fish....

Meonsprings023.jpg

The best i saw come out that day was 8-8, what a beast, would love to cnect with one that size.

Maybe next time B)

1509tarpon_75_.gif