Valley Disgorger

Billie

Sorry, off topic a BUT Paddy try contacting Terry in Jamestown (Near Carrick on Shannon) does some amazing prices on ABU tackle!!

Hi Chris'

Thanks for that, Mr Mann is nearly a neighbour of ours, he lives about 6miles away and is great value'

Tell me, are you living over here or in the UK?

Thanks again for the responce.

Charles

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris is living in France these days.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I purchased two of each size and I always carry one with me to suit species. When unhooking fish like rays and the woofer family with tough mouths I have found them great for gripping the hook on or near the bend and applying pressure to release the hook without bringing my fingers in close contact with the pointy bit. I still have one of each size but some have been borrowed :rolleyes::lol::lol:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I purchased two of each size and I always carry one with me to suit species. When unhooking fish like rays and the woofer family with tough mouths I have found them great for gripping the hook on or near the bend and applying pressure to release the hook without bringing my fingers in close contact with the pointy bit. I still have one of each size but some have been borrowed :rolleyes::lol::lol:

Looks very interesting, I could probably make a guess, looking at it, but what's the technique exactly?

I would definitely like to have one in my box for the doggies.

I have one of the large ones and one of the medium ones that I bought directly from Alan. I have to admit though that I never mastered how to use them and would appreciate being re-instructed. I managed on several occasions to cut a hook (size 6 or 8) in two with medium one.

I have one of the large ones and one of the medium ones that I bought directly from Alan. I have to admit though that I never mastered how to use them and would appreciate being re-instructed. I managed on several occasions to cut a hook (size 6 or 8) in two with medium one.

Slide it down the line and hold it firmly to the curve of the hook. Then bring the tool parralel with the line and squeeze the trigger. The knack is that you must position it so that the bendy bit will push the hooked fish towards the point of the hook so disengaging it. This means, you have to look into the mouth of the fish and try and see the hook or unfortunately turn the tool if the fish doesnt drop off first time. The other thing you must remember is not to hold the fish. Don't ask me why, but if you hold the fish it doesn work. Always let the fish dangle from the line. It's not difficult once you get the hang of it.

I originaly intorduced Alan to these tools on this forum about 4 years ago, when I mentioned these disgorgers and gave him the details of the engineering firm through the packaging that I still had for my disgorger.

Enfield North London

I originaly intorduced Alan to these tools on this forum about 4 years ago, when I mentioned these disgorgers and gave him the details of the engineering firm through the packaging that I still had for my disgorger.

Hiya CR, As you have said, he loved those things, the idea,the engineering etc, and he was really grateful to you for introducing him to them....he told me so on more than one occasion.....:):)

Well done mate, you helped make him a happy guy for a while, when his life was going downhill......:):)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

I spoke to Alan Taylor about these wonderful gadgets many years ago, i hadnt been on this forum long. He was quite frank about his health and said he would be happy for me to start remaking these and marketing them here in the uk. On the gentlemen's agreement that a percentage of sales go to Sonja. A great idea i felt then and do now.

Sadly i never did do it but still have the fabricators lined up and always intended to do it one day. Im still using mine on Shoreham arm to help out other anglers.

Best regards

Sean Clark

www.underwaterimage.co.uk

sean@underwaterimage.co.uk