Method Feeder Question

Ali MacDonald

Fortunately I have a day off work tomorrow so was planning a trip to Suffolk Water Park with my feeder rod and method feeder tackle. Looking at the venue rules they state NO FIXED RIGS. Can anyone enlighten me as to whether the Method Feeder is a FIXED RIG. I don't think it is as it can detach if required, but I don't want to set off without knowing. Help please ?

Thanks

Ali

Fortunately I have a day off work tomorrow so was planning a trip to Suffolk Water Park with my feeder rod and method feeder tackle. Looking at the venue rules they state NO FIXED RIGS. Can anyone enlighten me as to whether the Method Feeder is a FIXED RIG. I don't think it is as it can detach if required, but I don't want to set off without knowing. Help please ?

Thanks

Ali

As far as I'm aware if it is setup inline then it is semi-fixed. I would assume that this would be allowed at the venue because I've never heard of any venues that class semi-fixed and fixed to be the same.

As far as I'm aware if it is setup inline then it is semi-fixed. I would assume that this would be allowed at the venue because I've never heard of any venues that class semi-fixed and fixed to be the same.

Thanks for the reply - does anyone else know for sure ?

Guest tigger

If your mainline is able to slide through your feeder/weight then it's a running rig. If your hooklength is firmly attached to your feeder/weight then that's a fixed/bolt rig.

Edited by tigger

Hi Ali,

If you have not left yet, the method in-line feeder is either semi-fixed or free running depending on the size of swivel you use, if the swivel locks inside the tub then its semi-fixed, if the swivel is over or under size then it is completely free running both should be OK on the fishery you are going to.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.