Travel beachcaster

Bob on Stronsay

Hello people, sorry for not being around for the last 9 years............... Luckily I remembered my password..............

No longer on Stronsay, living in London for the time being and just remembered I bought a Penn reel down with me from last time I was up home.

So I am now looking for a multi part beachcaster so it can be carried with ease on a motorbike.

1 Did Daiwa do a multi part Sandstorm, sure I can remember one, but can't see one for sale ?

2 Any other options, ideally a 12 to 13 footer but storing away to 24 to 30 inches and of decent quality ?

3 Not telescopic

Again sorry for not being around, but life gets in the way at times, hope life as been kind to you all since my last post in 2007.

Hello people, sorry for not being around for the last 9 years............... Luckily I remembered my password..............

No longer on Stronsay, living in London for the time being and just remembered I bought a Penn reel down with me from last time I was up home.

So I am now looking for a multi part beachcaster so it can be carried with ease on a motorbike.

1 Did Daiwa do a multi part Sandstorm, sure I can remember one, but can't see one for sale ?

2 Any other options, ideally a 12 to 13 footer but storing away to 24 to 30 inches and of decent quality ?

3 Not telescopic

Again sorry for not being around, but life gets in the way at times, hope life as been kind to you all since my last post in 2007.

:clap3: Welcome back. Daiwa did or do a travel beachcaster, was/is a good one, don't know if they still do it, need a catalogue but I don't think it was called the Sand storm. I had a Shakespeare Salt 6 piece, good for the money and cast up to 6oz and handled some decent fish. Sold mine for £60, they sometimes come up on WSF or possibly still available new. :clap3:

Hello Norm, cheers for the reply, I have been doing a bit of looking around on the net and found a few but none of them are the ideal yet (My ideal would be my Penn V3's if they packed shorter).

There is a Ron Thompson that is a bit shorter than I would prefer:

http://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/ron-thompson-traveller-beach-rod-11-6

This sounds very good, bit pricy but on a par with a Sandstorm I suppose:

http://www.vealsfishingtackle.com/product/shimano-beastmaster-ax-s-t-c-surf-13ft

I found a Shakespeare the other night but it was also 11ft 6in but I can't find it now.

Is Davy the Skate fisherman still about, really enjoyed that day in the Pentland firth even though we broke down and hardly caught any fish worth mentioning.

Hello Norm, cheers for the reply, I have been doing a bit of looking around on the net and found a few but none of them are the ideal yet (My ideal would be my Penn V3's if they packed shorter).

There is a Ron Thompson that is a bit shorter than I would prefer:

http://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/ron-thompson-traveller-beach-rod-11-6

This sounds very good, bit pricy but on a par with a Sandstorm I suppose:

http://www.vealsfishingtackle.com/product/shimano-beastmaster-ax-s-t-c-surf-13ft

I found a Shakespeare the other night but it was also 11ft 6in but I can't find it now.

Is Davy the Skate fisherman still about, really enjoyed that day in the Pentland firth even though we broke down and hardly caught any fish worth mentioning.

:fishing1: I don't know if Davy is still about but I assume he is. Now I'm not SAN editor any more, retired, I don't get the offers I used to. :fishing1:

The shakespeare travel beachcaster is much better than it has any right to be well worth a look.

Diawa did a wilderness beachcaster which was 4 sections personally I prefer the Shakespeare.

The other option is one of the three section conti rods these are the future!

have a look at the sunset range at Gerrys of Morecambe I have a couple of these rods and they are excellent.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

The main issue for me is carrying the thing on a bike so the shorter the better, the Shimano packs to just over 2ft at 26 inches, that would easily stow away somewhere, whereas my 12ft three piece Penn V3's (They are four piece but the fourth piece is a different top part) is four foot long and not easily carry-able on a sports style motorbike.

Think the Shimano is looking like a winner at the moment.

Yesterday I thought I would do a search of tackle shops in London and have a nosy, they are getting few and far between, the one in Wilcox Rd in Lambeth is gone, the one in Wimbledon is closing down next week, they are becoming rare beasts nowadays.

• 7 months later...