On the road at 16.

mr motorola

ADHD is very real and a major problem for anyone who suffers from it Chesters.

I suspect it is overdiagnosed and many have the label without really having the problem but for those who do, life is a scary thing.

ADD is bad enough but add in real hyperactivity and the problems are hugely compounded.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly OT, but I cannot understand why one cannot take driving lessons when you are 16. I can remember at that age thinking "How come they will let me steer a 250,000 tonne tanker through the Straits of Hormuz, or up the Channel, but I can't take lessons to drive a Mini until after my next birthday?"

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Mr Motorola, you obviously have a problem with disabled people.

Let me ask you to do this: Take a belt and wrap it tightly round your legs and LEAVE it there for 24 hours or take one of these masks that are on sale and tape it over your eyes - now go shopping!!!!!!!

I would be a millionaire if I had ten pound for every one who said I was not disabled. Those that know me don't.

Why is everybody against us? Yes, I will agree with you that there are (very few) some that are "chancing their arm" - and who do you think reports the majority of them to the authorities? OTHER DISABLED PEOPLE!!!! The biggest problem we have these days are old people - they equate age to disability: "Oh my legs are getting too wobbly for me to walk to the shops, I'll just park on these yellow lines"

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Theres an old saying believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see.The reason Im saying this is alot of stories about cheating benefits are grossly exagerated by jealous people who think theyre hard done by, and the rumours get bigger and bigger like a chinese whisper un til in the end the claimants are living the life of Riley claiming hundreds of thousands of pounds per year believe me Ive heard it .All I say is let them spend a month of a disabled persons life they would soon stfu

Number me with Rage it,s a shame Number me in Haste its a shame

Kleiny the reason is you are getting something for nothing thats not on in their eyes .nothin is said when you are working your nuts off paying lots of tax it just boils down to the green eyed monster

Number me with Rage it,s a shame Number me in Haste its a shame

ADHD is very real and a major problem for anyone who suffers from it Chesters.

I suspect it is overdiagnosed and many have the label without really having the problem but for those who do, life is a scary thing.

ADD is bad enough but add in real hyperactivity and the problems are hugely compounded.

I suspect you are right. And for those that have the actual ailment I can sympathize.

Having been 'overdiagnosed' with hyperactivity before they called it ADHD or ADD and medicated beyond belief, I feel I can say it is. Now, I have a daughter who also has been diagnosed with it.. (ADHD). Do I think she needs meds? Not on your life! What I beleive, is that, it is (for some) an excuse to keep their children medicinally under control. Unfortunately she doesn't live with me and she wouldn't be on the b*****y meds if she were. But when she is with me it's not like living with a child thats for sure.

My two cents.. A child should be allowed to be a child. FWIW I'm not qualified to comment on the politics of this thread.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Kleiny the reason is you are getting something for nothing thats not on in their eyes .nothin is said when you are working your nuts off paying lots of tax it just boils down to the green eyed monster

Too damn right rob. absolutely spot on.

What benefits does an honest hard working man or woman receive for going out 40 hours (in my job , a lot lot more) a week , grafting and toiling their tads off? Zip.

Of course , we (workers) aren't allowed to voice any kind of opinion as we are seen as jealous , petty and totally unreasonable.

I have to abide by the rules in a car park now , just to make sure that a disabled person can park pretty much inside the shop or watch a young kid scrimp and scrape some money together for his 1st driving lesson at the age of 17 , all the while a kid 1 year younger who will probably never work (and maybe has no aspirations of it) takes his lessons free of charge.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

and ofcourse a blue badge and the mobility scheme only apply to the higher rate mobility ,a blue badge though can be issued if you can fool the council your needing it!

not sure the care element gets you on the mobility scheme but no doupt if someones on the high rate they need supervision at all times so car driving would be a no no for the "patient" themselves :o

if they can go out in a car themselves surely they disqualify themselves anyway?

i just love all these new terms they dream up ADHD in my day was a little shite that needed a hefty belt to get his attention ,now bad kids have seudo medical reasons why they are stupid or lazy :rolleyes:

Chesters, you are getting a bit confused over 'mobility' and 'blue badge', whilst they do interact they are, in some cases separate. A LA can only issue a blue badge to somebody "they think needs it" if they are over (I think) 65. Otherwise a blue badge can only be issued to people on the higher rate of mobility allowance.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Mr M - as valid as some of your points may be, I'm afraid you are emulating this gent and will have about the same results. Your only really viable option is probably to move to a country with rules that suit you better.

DQWindmill.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

What benefits does an honest hard working man or woman receive for going out 40 hours (in my job , a lot lot more) a week , grafting and toiling their tads off?

You qualify for those same benefits should you have a need for them AND can show you are entitled to them, THAT is what you are trying to argue about, and THAT is a point most here will support you on. You will however, not get the support of people like me all the time you make a rant out of it, and continue to escalate matters to include the amount of places you can park your car on, which is, in the majority of places, basically private property!

In all things there will be a proportion of people who will outwit those who police or monitor anything. Just as there is a proportion of people who will do whatever to the detriment of others.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."