Name That Rod

Elton

I received the following by email (Guerol, your English is better than my German!). Can anyone help?

Hi,

I am writing from Germany.´Sorry,I have one ask,do you know of this rod name(I mean like Okuma,Penn or another name.The rod picture is small. Therefore to read the name isn't possible)have you this rod or from where can I find it. I saw this rods picture in webshot home page (Holiday in Pensacola 07)If you send me an answer, I will be verry happy.

Your Sincerely

Mr.Guerol Arkan

Freilassing-Germany

Ps:I am verry sory for my bed school English.

Fishing_rod_200308_2.jpg

Fishing_rod_200308.jpg

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I received the following by email (Guerol, your English is better than my German!). Can anyone help?

post-2-1206008993_thumb.jpg

post-2-1206009015_thumb.jpg

If you are looking for a good rod I woud suggest that you post a note telling us what you want to do and who much you want to pay and I think that you would be able to get something a lot better than what you have pictured.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

If you are looking for a good rod I woud suggest that you post a note telling us what you want to do and who much you want to pay and I think that you would be able to get something a lot better than what you have pictured.

That first pic' looks like it's resting on a kayak, the second makes it about 8ft long, both suggest it has a bit of 'backbone', so maybe seafishing from a 'yak?

Any 'yakkers' out there recognise it? Or able to suggest an alternative?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

]

Looks very similar to this one a friend bought back from Florida a few years ago - pretty crap rod really.......

This one has a broken male ferrule, snapped off clean as a whistle, whilst he was playing a smallish catfish.

post-2467-1206019447_thumb.jpg post-2467-1206019507_thumb.jpg post-2467-1206019545_thumb.jpg

Barry

looks like one of those appallingly stiff solid glass boatrods about many years ago ,a name? how does Nigel sound?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

As a kid we called that type of rod a “Whoppa Stopper" solid fibreglass with the action of a springy plank

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

Just because its white doesnt mean that its a crappy solid fibreglass job.A lot of good US catfish rods are similar not to mention some of (if not most off) the top big game rods are white as well.

The whole set up shown looks very much like a US Cat or Carp set up to me.Maybe we can find out from the poster what it was being used for and exactly where? But I wouldnt mind betting if he looked at Cabelas or Bass Pros web site/catalogue he would find similar if not the same item.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Looks like a Penn boat fishing road. I used to use one like it in the North Sea for Cod. It's difficult to make out but it certainly resembles the Penn I used to use.

Rob J

Palm Springs Ca.

Show me someone who thinks they know everything...

I'll show you a fool...

Leave the area you fish... cleaner than it was before you got there !!!!