For our American member

Sportsman

I would like to go ahead and buy one of these for Pike fishing this year.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Colorado-Pontoon-B...1742.m153.l1262

Problem is the sellers with the best prices don't always deliver to UK so is there anyone who would be kind enough to take delivery in the States and then forward it on to me. I of course will pay all charges.

Thanks in anticipation

Dave

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dave - no problem and glad to do it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Yup. Figure 30% of the price in duty & VAT.

However, I'm not sure that shipping number is reasonable.

At any rate, you want it, get it to me and I'll forward it.

Have a look at the BassPro site since I can pick up a boat from there to save shipping costs to me. They also are happy to ship to the UK without needing a middle man.

Have you considered a belly boat? Smaller, lighter, cheaper and you sit out of the water on most versions. I know some "Ron Thompson" models are available in the UK but no idea of prices. Wider selection available in the US including the 10 shows on that link.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Yup. Figure 30% of the price in duty & VAT.

However, I'm not sure that shipping number is reasonable.

At any rate, you want it, get it to me and I'll forward it.

Have a look at the BassPro site since I can pick up a boat from there to save shipping costs to me. They also are happy to ship to the UK without needing a middle man.

Have you considered a belly boat? Smaller, lighter, cheaper and you sit out of the water on most versions. I know some "Ron Thompson" models are available in the UK but no idea of prices. Wider selection available in the US including the 10 shows on that link.

Hi Newt

I have been float tubing for a few years now. I have a Caddis Navigator II and an Outcast Fat Cat, both bought in the States and to be honest I would prefer not to fish any other way.

The problem is that travelling any distance on some of our larger locjhs can get a bit tiring so the option to use oars on the pontoon boat means you can cover ground more easily and still have a great fishing platform. It also gives you the uption of taking more tackle, which I tend to do for Pike.

One of our local fisheries has a couple of Pontoon boats so I have tried them out and really enjoy them. The problem with buying over here is, as always, the price.

As an example to buy a particular model here is 299.00. Exactly the same on US Ebay, buy it now at 179.00 USD or aroung 90.00.

I buy almost all of my rod building materials from the US, from Mudhole and Cabelas and so I am quite at home doing that but by buying the float tube on Ebay I can save around $150.00 against their prices with free postage to your address and whatever the postage / tax is from there.

I am waiting for a particular model to come up and will be in touch

Thanks again

Dave

post-6213-1206092845_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

if Newt buys it and sells it on to you (technically correct) then its second hand surely

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Sorry not familiar with customs / duty even though I live here. If someone from the US were to tick the box on the US customs form for it being a gift..... Does that make it exempt from customs and paying the duty?

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...