Ultimate bobbin

Kappa

So you're a urine extractor then? Sound more like a banker to me.... 5 ft drop needed my arse!

Let see the photos so we can all have a laugh :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Now now name calling isn't nice.

The point of this thread is the features and problems associated with getting hold of or making each member's ultimate bobbin, not THE ultimate bobbin in the universe. It has been fun bouncing ideas off each other trying to solve different problems in different ways and learning stuff along the way. Wading in with:

'All very interesting but it take you 24 pages to arrive at the point that you need light arm indicators with a bobbin on the top. Sorry Guy the 3 counties mere bream anglers have had them for over 25 years, I know because I made most of them.'

wasn't that helpful and to be honest got my back up. I probably shouldn't have replied like I did but sometimes I just can't help myself.

The whole point, as this thread has shown, is that everyone wants something different from their bobbins but I hope everyone has learnt something (I know I have) getting closer to their own personal ultimate bobbin.

If you want a laugh when the new chains are finished I’ll post a pic, but to be honest I've got loads of things that I like that people find funny. I've got red hair people think that’s funny but I like it. I like fishing, EVERYONE at work thinks that is funny but I don't care because I like it. You and everyone else may find my bobbins funny but that’s fine, I've got the bobbins I want and I’m happy with them. I'm guessing you are pretty happy with your swingers, thats great, but maybe just maybe other people might not want/like them.

Rich

Edited by Richard Capper

All are attached/anchored some way its more about where they are anchored/attached.

Come along to the Wingham Fish in Arf (even if you dont fish) You might be interested in seeing all of the various set ups people use for modern specimen hunting.

Also I could explain about the hair rig/bolt rig/indicater question you asked about.......if youve got an hour to spare!! Ive looked through a lot of my stuff and cant find any one article that would explain it realy.Its just an evolution over a period of half a century!

A kind offer, I'll try pop down and have a look around.

I did a bit of reading up on hair rigs, and its all a bit clearer now. It became especially clear when I tried to mount a boilie directly on a size 12 hook the other day!!

As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!

I've got red hair people think that’s funny but I like it.

Rich

I suppose you could always dye it mate!

But if it takes having red hair to catch two SB's (16.4 and 15.11) in one session then Im going Ginger!

post-142-1238176805.jpg

post-142-1238176773.jpg

Weren't to many people laughing at you then Rich.........

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I suppose you could always dye it mate!

But if it takes having red hair to catch two SB's (16.4 and 15.11) in one session then Im going Ginger!

post-142-1238176805.jpg

post-142-1238176773.jpg

Weren't to many people laughing at you then Rich.........

is that a record brace for a ginger?

Dont go there Denzil! Its bad enough in the trout world with reared and wild records! sea fishing with shore and boat records! dont even mention silly IGFA line class records! BUT hair colour records!

Bloomin heck I will be asking for them to consider angler weight catagories next!

Now now name calling isn't nice.

The point of this thread is the features and problems associated with getting hold of or making each member's ultimate bobbin, not THE ultimate bobbin in the universe. It has been fun bouncing ideas off each other trying to solve different problems in different ways and learning stuff along the way. Wading in with:

'All very interesting but it take you 24 pages to arrive at the point that you need light arm indicators with a bobbin on the top. Sorry Guy the 3 counties mere bream anglers have had them for over 25 years, I know because I made most of them.'

wasn't that helpful and to be honest got my back up. I probably shouldn't have replied like I did but sometimes I just can't help myself.

The whole point, as this thread has shown, is that everyone wants something different from their bobbins but I hope everyone has learnt something (I know I have) getting closer to their own personal ultimate bobbin.

At the point I made that comment that's where the discussion was at. My comments were and are a statement of historical fact, as can be confirmed by any of the following (G, Marsden, E. Bibby J. Charlesworth, D. Sharp, R (Bob) Henderson, T. Knight, J. Williams, W. Moores W, Gollins, T, Bolton Unfortunately the Late R Harker is unable to confirm this. and many others who have purchased them off me) if asked.

Yes it has been interesting and informative, if somewhat degenerating over the last few pages, but we now know where its coming from ;)

phil h.

At the point I made that comment that's where the discussion was at. My comments were and are a statement of historical fact, as can be confirmed by any of the following (G, Marsden, E. Bibby J. Charlesworth, D. Sharp, R (Bob) Henderson, T. Knight, J. Williams, W. Moores W, Gollins, T, Bolton Unfortunately the Late R Harker is unable to confirm this. and many others who have purchased them off me) if asked.

Yes it has been interesting and informative, if somewhat degenerating over the last few pages, but we now know where its coming from ;)

No ones doubting you Phill.Richard even explained why he had been a bit touchy.We all value your imput on this as you no doubt have had experience of both constructing and using the sort of thing we are disscussing.

Its just that some times it gets a bit difficult to swallow when we are getting so many kind of negative type replies to our problem.Hard to explain but I will try.

All of the main players in this whole big bream/big bream tactics/big brean bait/big bream what ever threads that are running on here have actually (regardless of experience) caught 19lb + bream from the venue in question.Others masy have not but they have either caught a lot of biggish (low double) bream or have a lot of experience of bream fishing in general.Despite the growing amount of 15+ bream that are now being caught I think its a pretty unique group on here!

To often (allthough Im sure its meant well) we have to listen to people telling us " do this do that and its easy" who havnt ever fished for bream of this size in this type of water or worse still havnt caught bream of any size. To avoid seeming £elitist" or at best ungratefull we just say thanks and swallow!

I had it myself today in a shop where I was told all about how I should be pilling in the boillies and fishing carp style and thats the only way.I HAVE TRIED THIS ON SEVERAL SB WATERS! Ive most likely without sounding like a know it all done more carp/boillie fishing than many of those telling me all about it but I still have to swallow!

However every now and again it just builds up and we all have a paddy! Richs (after you unintentionally seemed to knock all the effort he has put in on his own personal quest for a indicater he will be happy with just "threw the switch" for him.Im sure you can see it and have no doubt experienced similar yourself?

He even kind of apologised. Your input is very much appreciated and is certainly helpfull so please dont take offence or think Richards being a **** ! He really is a nice bloke despite the hair!

Not got any of Bob's but I'm quite sure they were glass arms with a 5 mm dia

Rob got me mine from a small tackle shop in Crowborough.I only used them a couple of times much preffering my bobbins when I could get away with them.I remember the arms were white and the moulded heads red. I got a feeling you are right about the diameter.Ive got some 5mm fibre glass rod in the loft will dig it out and play with that.The thinner stuff I got this time is definately to flexible.

Does the guy still produce them and if so any contact details as I did like the head/line clip set up.