Ultimate bobbin

Kappa

Looks great mate! Ive always wanted (and be able to use) a set up like that.

It does look a good set up TT, I'm envious.

But at the risk of 'teaching granny to suck eggs', I hope you don't mind if I make an observation.

Those shelves above the lathe, I would have a raised lip around them. I know from personal experience what an object falling onto a spinning lathe can do.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Looks great mate! Ive always wanted (and be able to use) a set up like that.

Budgie, it is 30 odd years since I last used a lathe so I expect to make a few cock ups before I get it right :D

This is more usefull at the moment and is brilliant for grinding up Vitalin and boilie chops. Well worth having for making up feeder mixes.

post-8110-1240832970_thumb.jpgpost-8110-1240832989_thumb.jpg

Tinca you are definately the "Tool Man"! I would have been looking for something similar myself this year to try Brians "mashed boillie" aproach for the Bream but have had to shelve it as I cant get the supply of boillies I had hoped for and certainly cant afford to buy enough even if I roll my own.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

It does look a good set up TT, I'm envious.

But at the risk of 'teaching granny to suck eggs', I hope you don't mind if I make an observation.

Those shelves above the lathe, I would have a raised lip around them. I know from personal experience what an object falling onto a spinning lathe can do.

John.

Totally agree John, it is a very valid point. They are only temporary until I get hold of some thicker ply and some stronger brackets. I knocked them up with the scrap from the wall cladding to keep stuff off the deck whilstI was re arranging everything. Problem is my wife has designs on storing things but a mans shed is a mans castle B)

Totally agree John, it is a very valid point. They are only temporary until I get hold of some thicker ply and some stronger brackets. I knocked them up with the scrap from the wall cladding to keep stuff off the deck whilstI was re arranging everything. Problem is my wife has designs on storing things but a mans shed is a mans castle B)

I'm glad to hear that mate, my little 'mishap' cost me two smashed teeth and a swollen cheek bone the size of a tennis ball! I reckon I was lucky to come away with just that.

My shed is smaller than yours, but it used to be my sanctuary. That is until it got used as a storage space for those things that " just might come in handy", (though I must say I'm as much to blame as 'the Boss').

You stand your ground mate, keep your 'Fortress of Solitude', (for as long as you can that is :D ).

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I think that I will leave the electronic wizardry on bobbins to Richard

I used mine for the first time this weekend! They were really good! It was very windy at times but they stayed nice and stable! The electronics are really useful, it levaes you absolutely no doubt which rod is having a run etc..

Rich

• 1 month later...

Not quite - those just use the zinger for storage of the cord during transit. I was thinking more of using the zinger to keep the bobbin cord under tension, as an alternative to weighting it.

Not quite - those just use the zinger for storage of the cord during transit. I was thinking more of using the zinger to keep the bobbin cord under tension, as an alternative to weighting it.

With the right line clip, I see know reason why you couldn't do it with the Solar Recoil. Unlike most zingers, it has a knurkled wheel that locks to ensure the cord isn't retracted. You could slacken it off slightly so it would recoil as sooon as it was touched; a line bite.