I'd Sue

Leon Roskilly

This was confirmed by Banbury police. Their spokesman said: "Mr Broadhurst was taken home and then de-arrested

:roll1:

What an interesting idea. A police "do-over".

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

what a right old brew-ha-ha!! Things seem to get so out of control so easily nowadays.........at least the chap won a moral victory if nothing else.

It's not a supermarket involved - the shopping centre houses many well know stores and the canal runs round one side of it - there's loads of room on the towpath as it's frequently full of boats moored up there so he would have had to of been doing something quite stupid to block the footpath. The actual shopping centre sits well above the towpath (and unless its part of their curtailidge I understood public footpath as public?).

' The "Dandy of the Stream", a veritable Beau Brummell, that is the Perch and well he knows it!' --The Observers's Book of Freshwater Fishes of the British Isles

Visit My Galleries

You couldn't make it up :o :o :o

Give a jobsworth a uniform and you get a little Hitler.

And wouldn't those three coppers be better employed doing real police work, like catching speeding motorists :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton

personally i would go back to the opposite bank the one owned by the angling club and hope that the security Twit

tries the same again and have him arrested for trespass

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

I have learned in life that the one who gets in first to make the complaint stands the better chance, if the angler had a mobile and called the police first that he was being harrased by the security man then it would be the security man that was answering the questions from the police, but you have to be fairly sure of your ground before you start.

Alan

I must be doing something right, I'm still alive

Interesting term that - 'de-arrested'.

"Mr Broadhurst was taken home and then de-arrested.

The first thing I would do is send a letter to that no-brain security guards company DEMANDING an written apology from the person involved. If you were adamant about it sending signals that you are thinking of sueing, I thing the employee will be in a bit of bother!

The police? - No question - sue for wrongful arrest, disruption of your pastime, pain and suffering etc, etc.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription