What are you currently reading?

Jeff S

Operation Certain Death (Damian Lewis ) about the SAS rescue mission in sierra Leone

it that good I'm half way through in 1 night 2 hours reading.

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm somewhat of a collector too, but don't just limit my books to hardbacks. Total number? Approaching 2,000 I reckon now :huh:

Happy to say, none of them are Mills & Boon or anything of that ilk....

Never mind, John. As your reading skills improve, you'll be able to add a few Mills & Boon to your collection. :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

so its not actually new then <_<

the best illustrated one i have seen for a while is at the waters edge ,havn't read it (dont want the writing to fade) but the pictures are great

Centerfolds? Dude.

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

i to loved the ludlum books but i thought he died and the rest were written by someone in the style of him .i always feel cheated if i get a book by an author i love and find it was written by someone else .just finished the latest lee child book nothing to lose ,a jack reacher novel, thats a good book if not one of the best he has done .big AL

british by birth ,english by the grace of god

so its not actually new then <_<

Well, newer than the book it's named after! :lol:

I've got a copy of Walton's "The Compleat Angler" as well. Been a long time sice I read it . . .

Edited by AnnaWerner

i always feel cheated if i get a book by an author i love and find it was written by someone else .

I'm the same, Al. I was gutted when I found out that the Peter and Jane books were written by someone else! :D

Oh, and to keep on subject...

I haven't read a non-angling book for a while now, and am currently reading a Sea Angler instructional book! I just don't seem to have enough hours to read other stuff these days :(

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• 2 weeks later...

Hunting Dinosaurs, by Louie Psihoyos and John Knoebber. (I like dinosaurs as much as fishing!) The book has been a favourite of mine since I was a kid: It's about the new directions (as of the nineties) taken in the study of dinosaurs, and the people playing roles in it (paleontologists, amateur fossil collectors, artists, writers, Hollywood, and old-time bone-hunters/scientists). It's full of exciting new theories (Actually, being from the nineties, many are considered outdated now.), humour, historical trivia, and fun stories of paleontologists and their field-and-lab adventures. If you like science, you should check it out.

Reading "The Lord's Day" by Michael Dobbs at the moment - it is difficult to put down.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Reading "The Lord's Day" by Michael Dobbs at the moment - it is difficult to put down.

Looks interesting too. I just read the review. Once I finish the others I've started... :)

Dobbs

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...