And so the snowflake is gathering strength.........

mr motorola

Guest Rabbit

I'm giving up for two reasons.

One is purely financial, (£35+ a week is getting a bit much).

The other is the grief from my son and daughter.

Because they care John, well done for having the balls to give it up, I have tried and failed, mind you I limit myself to just a couple of roll ups a day, but still not good enough I know :mellow:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rabbit, I am sorry for you, as you are in TOTAL denial!!!!!!!!!!!

You Say {original remark removed so this repeat of the comment is also removed}

Look at the record of Mr Hopeless - He has given Billions of pounds of OUR money to countries which have more money than us!! This country is now officially bankrupt!! We are going to have to borrow obscene amounts of money just to break even!!!

Remember he is SUPPOSED to be a servant of the people - yea, he calls a 3 line whip to ENSURE that HIS decision is enacted into law, and you say that the things i posted WOULDN'T happen.

I don't think it is me that needs the reality check!!

Edited by Newt

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Because they care John, well done for having the balls to give it up, I have tried and failed, mind you I limit myself to just a couple of roll ups a day, but still not good enough I know :mellow:

I realise that, and the fact that my daughter is in her final year at uni', taking a degree in Radiotherapy and Oncology, has made her even more determined to make me give up.

I must admit, I didn't want to give up, it was 'forced meat'.

I have given up many times in my life, but feel that what I'm going through now, will make it the last time I have to try.

I am using 24 hour patches, and have had them drop off, without my knowing. So I have effectively been with out the nicotine 'boost' for around 20 hours without any ill effects.

This time has made me think about it differently, and might give those that think it's 'easy' and just a matter of 'will power', something to think about.

I have realised that for the last 40 odd yrs, the only thing I have done more than smoke, is breathe! It's the habit more than the nicotine that I have to beat.

I'm more worried about dehydration, because I don't enjoy a drink (non alcoholic) any more, so I have to force myself to drink, as strange as it might seem!

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Look at the record of Mr Hopeless - He has given Billions of pounds of OUR money to countries which have more money than us!!

which countries that are richer than britain,have recieved billions in gifts?

This country is now officially bankrupt!!

have you got links to the reports that britain is now bankrupt?

Now that is the most ridiculous statement I have ever seen relating to smoking, so called recreational drugs are illegal, smoking is not illegal.

If you read the post you will clearly see that I say the moral right, not the legal right.

Out of interest, can you give me one or two reasons why some recreational drugs should be illegal whilst tobacco isn't ?

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

If advertising has no effect it rather makes you wonder why the tobacco companies spend so much money on it ;)

Can we also assume that those who maintain it is their moral right to smoke anywhere they choose would also support the moral rights of users of recreational drugs to use them wherever they like and for drug dealers to promote their products to kids ?

Sometimes advertising does nt work .plenty of beer adverts been around and Im still teetotal used to love drinking but gave it up

Number me with Rage it,s a shame Number me in Haste its a shame

I understand they're trying to ban the sale of cigarettes in pubs too - I say kids shouldn't be in pubs in the first place!

Btw, keep this thread nice and civil or it will get locked :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Guest Rabbit

You Say I am being stupid, am I ?

Look at the record of Mr Hopeless -

You call ME stupid and yet YOU collect Mr Men records :D

Rabbit - I will say no more than to state an old maxim "There's none so blind as he who will not see!"

You come back with asinine remarks which TOTALLY sidestep the issue.

And to think of another adage, you must be broke!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription