t.v presonality

graylingking

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of town,now that was the boy! anyone seen the episode on tickling trout - it was a classic. Anyone out there done it? I was taught the art by the son of a Polish immigrant and I got bagfulls,honest. Even managed a salmon once! ssshhh do not tell the bailiff

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Paul Young is my favourite too. What I like is he is humble, he takes a back seat and listens to advice from the expert. He is there so we can see some aspect of angling and not to portray him self or his skills.

My humble opinion...

Henry Gilbey is the best for me, because he does sea fishing. I would probaly like Saddam Hussien if he did a SEA fishing program.

Matt hayes is the most informative, and i think the partnership with Mick is brill. Matt could present on ground force and still be intresting.

John Wilson knows a lot and is a great fisherman but is always an arse with his hosts and have you ever seen the 'jovial' ones out takes? Evil.

The two guys out of a passion for angling are brilliant, even my missus can watch that for an hour. I like the sentiment of using old takle but it sometimes does my head in when his lifeless garden cane is hooped over no matter what he catches, barbel or gudgen.

Rex seems like a nice guy and has always got something coming out of his mouth...

But i have seen him giving fish the high jump. He should host something like a wrestling show.

That guy who fished the amazon for that giant fish...

Seems o.k but the show was a bit surreal.

Spencer is not my cup of tea. It seems he just wants to be on telly and the fishing is secondary. It's like Jade doing train spotting.

I don't like the two guys from day ticket. They just slag each other off and don't seem to catch that much.

I thought the mad one (fly angler?) out of reel wars was good.

I like Liam Dale but he sometimes makes me cringe. In one video i've got from him (Cod!)his team of experts are completely unable to catch a cod (i know the feeling) but in the dying moments Tony Kirage pulls one from the surf that has clearly been in his freezer for a long time. It doesn't even move once.

Paul young i think is great. He seems friendly and even when his host make mistakes he makes excuses for them. Too bad he doesn't sea fish more often.

Ed Schliffffffifffkkke (rock hopper) is the star of my favourite video. Hes a great angler. BUT he does talk a lot about how far he can cast (maybe i would if i could cast 200 yards).

Finally i have a video by Rodney Carter of sea angler fame. I think he is the best angler i've seen but his voice is a bit(!) monotonous.

My top three tv stars then are....

Henry gibey

Matt Hayes

Paul young

Video fav's are...

Ed (i can't spell his name) rock hopper.

Rodney Carter

Henry Gilbey.

sanctuary:

Listen to you lot moaning about fishing TV presenters, as if you could do better lets see what you can do. Its not rocket sience these day to make a 2 minute video clip that we can all see on here

went out Sunday to make cod video clip, filmed launch of boat, Paul did piece to camera showing tackle set up and bait, then uptide casting and finished with shot of cod coming on board. Got home downloaded to computer ready to edit video

only to find that I had got the on and off buttons mixed up Launch "shot of the sandy beach" piece to camera "close up of boat deck" not "rocket sience" I'd better stay away from the fire works Friday night.

[ 01. November 2004, 11:30 PM: Message edited by: sanctuary ]

My fave has to be Henry Gilbey, mainly as its a dedicated sea fishing prog and he does take my mate Julian Shambrook along to show him how its done.John Wilsons laugh and Matt Hayes saying " me old mate" to every angler he meets are somewhat irritating but good anglers none the less.What we need are less catch phrases and more actual fishing!! so yibbada yibbada, look at that, dont they hang on!

Ride Hard, Fish Harder.AFFA.

As somone has already mentioned, Passion for angling has to be THE most laid back and relaxing prog on the planet(thats the fly fishin bit of me i suppose).I remember buying the book of the prog in a charity shop for 29p and after reading it to death i put it on ebay and it sold for £37!!. must be popular? That Spencer bloke form bb really is a bit of a prat but fair play to him for gettin a fishin prog on the telly.Bring back Jack Hargreaves!!!!!!

Ride Hard, Fish Harder.AFFA.