Marine Reserves Campaign

Deepseacodmaster

Hi All

I received an e mail this morning and have coppied it onto our website at

http://www.glossop-sea-angling-club.co.uk/.../Important.html

If you agree with it get onto your MP sharpish.

:angry:

Hi All

I received an e mail this morning and have coppied it onto our website at

http://www.glossop-sea-angling-club.co.uk/.../Important.html

If you agree with it get onto your MP sharpish.

:angry:

Hi this friends of the earth orginisation, are they campaining for 30% ntz to ban all fishing including recreational angling.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

The UK Marine Reserves Campaign aims to ensure that the forthcoming UK Marine Bill places a duty on the Secretary of State to establish an ecologically coherent network of Highly Protected Marine Reserves covering at least 30% of UK seas out to 200 nautical miles.

(taken from one of their links on the site)

where are the uk seas that stretch out to 200 miles?

Hi this friends of the earth orginisation, are they campaining for 30% ntz to ban all fishing including recreational angling.

Hi Barry

I believe that it is commercial fishing that they are concerned with especially trawling which damages the sea bed.

Unfortunately their website does not mention the sand eels which the Scandinavians are scooping up so destroying the food chain.

My time is almost up , but I want something for my grandchildren to catch and eat.

I support the offshore wind farms because they act as marine reserves, and make spaces for fish to be able to breed.

Anything that will help recreational angling is important to me.

The greens will eat you all once they get what they want
- SteveG

Aaah, but greens are very fussy about 'bait' and they are more likely to eat commercials before RSAs! (No quips about which gives off more scent, either!)

<_<

- SteveG

Aaah, but greens are very fussy about 'bait' and they are more likely to eat commercials before RSAs! (No quips about which gives off more scent, either!)

<_<

Hi H

lol lol At least the line is drawn clearly in the sand.

Better go and find my boxing gloves, lol lol

steve

Barry,

My reading of that is they are looking to ban damaging fishing practices over 30% of the sea.

RSA is recognised as having very little enviromental impact so in theory its good news for anglers ....but it may be wise to take note of steve good's comments.

I attended the workshop in London earlier this month between anglers and Natural England to discuss MPA's, NTZ's and complete NTZ's (cant remember the wording). The only thing that came out of it was that Defra, natural england and the EA either have no intention of defining what each will encompass or they dont have a clue what or even where they will be. Its kinda hard to discuss something when the invitee's wont tell you what that something will be.

Mark(?) Duffy of Natural england gave the impression that an announcement would be made about MPA's in early April, but until then we are all guessing what they will be. To be frank both me and the other angler who travelled with me agreed the meeting was a total waste of time and just a case of Defra etc ticking boxes to say they did it and consulted. The NFSA got to say their bit (another box ticked?) but at the end of the day we left a meeting to discuss MPA's and NTZ's without actually being told what they were!! A bit odd considering the title of the meeting.

Cheers

Dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org

Thanks for the info Dave.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..