ABU Mark5 match rod

Sportsman

Yes lots of options mate.If you cant get a Fuji KDPS type fitting of the right size youy would be able to use a normal DPS type pipe fitting (in fact measure it up and Im sure I will have one of these you can have) and glue a foam fore grip on. I would have thought it would only need one extra intermediate on the butt.As you say modern rods do have more rings but never had any problems with mine using the origonal spacings.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• 11 years later...
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My rod really started to look its age, poor thing, so nothing ventured nothing gained I shortened the handle and mucked up a perfectly good rod, silly old bugger that I am! Still, what the hell, I picked up an absolutely mint replacement this morning, for a tenner would you believe! Still a perfectly viable rod, great to revert back to an unspoilt one, roll on the 16th! Over forty years old now, like new, looking forward to winkling out a few bream on it.